• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you feel naked when unarmed?

After packin 95% of the time for a mere 2 years, I am surprised at the vulnerable feeling I get when I have to leave the house without a piece. It's not that I'm without my defenses, but the feeling always gnaws at me a bit.

How do you feel when you have to leave your house without a firearm? [thinking]

I use to carry a lot and I can commiserate on how you feel. It’s like your driving without a spare tire.

Ugh you can't even imagine! Having a permit in MA but going to college the rest of the time in Western New York and being on a college campus all the time is the worst.

I make it up by carrying my karambit and a training knife. Still miss the weight on my hip. 3 more weeks till I get to see and shoot my oiled covered 1911 at home.

Well the only time I'm unarmed is when I'm in the shower... So Yes, I feel naked when I'm unarmed. When I was going to UMASS it used to be awful when I was forced to leave my gun at home and have to go straight to work. My job is a big reason why I carry day in and out. It is a shitty feeling to be forced to leave your gun at home. I'm sure this will resound through this thread.

While I don't yet have my LTC (i turn 21 SOON), I can comment on the fact that, without at least 1 (and preferably 4 or 5) edged tools on me, I do feel naked.

Going to Boston to visit the .mil and taking the T in is the worst.

Yes, I always think that's the time something will happen, so my alert radar is on all the time. Not sure if that is a good thing or not.

It's not so much a "naked" feeling - I can handle myself pretty well, (knife, OC, fists, feet, etc), but it just does not feel right. I've been carring for over half my life, so you just get used to it...When it's not there, it feels as if I've forgotten my wallet, house keys, watch, etc....

It's not so much a "naked" feeling - I can handle myself pretty well, (knife, OC, fists, feet, etc), but it just does not feel right. I've been carring for over half my life, so you just get used to it...When it's not there, it feels as if I've forgotten my wallet, house keys, watch, etc....

That sums it up nicely.

I can't carry, (although I will start asap), I almost always carry at least 2 edged tools.
I feal wierd without them. A little jumpy, and a little more nervous than usual.
So yeah, I would consider the fealing "naked".

No.

Believe it or not,I don't need a gun to feel safe when interacting with people or going places.

To elaborate on why I said yes.

I am pretty capable of defending myself without a gun if I am somewhere I can't carry (traveling, for instance). I have enough skill & instinct to use a knife or impact weapon, or a freaking spoon if I have to. [smile]

After carrying for a long time though, I do feel like I'm missing something when I have to leave the sidearm behing.

or a freaking spoon if I have to. [smile]

That is a completely kick ass statement !

Hate to see the damage you could do with a spork.

I didn't carry my .45 at all last weekend,I didn't even think about it.I even went to Walmart to clean them out of .22 ammo and the only hazard I faced was the obese women going down the aisles in their WalMart hovercrafts completely oblivious to their surroundings.

Last edited:
I didn't carry my .45 at all last weekend,I didn't even think about it.I even went to Walmart to clean them out of .22 ammo and the only hazard I faced was the obese women going down the aisles in their WalMart hovercrafts completely oblivious to their surroundings.

Now see if you were carrying you could have shot out their tires and had them swerve into the cookies and watch them die a slow cream filled death [rofl]

Exactly. It's part of my wardrobe. If I'm wearing a belt, I'm carrying. Ok even if I'm in relaxing in sweatpants on a wintry weekend, I have something on me. [smile]

It's not that I have fear, though I am naturally cautious, I just like having something with me.

Back
Top Bottom