• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Do you feel naked when unarmed?

WHAT'S THAT LINE????

I don't carry a gun, never have, I'm just lazy I guess to what it takes to get a carry licence and never had cash to purchase one anyhow. But this kind of relates. I always carry a knife. Always have, always will. Not a swiss army knife, but some type of locking fast opening tactical folder. One night I was in the passenger seat of my buddies truck, things happended with a couple pedestrians outside the drivers door, they tried to pull him out, and one set of hands tried to grab the keys out of the ignition. I grabbed the hand trying for the keys, reached for my knife with the other... sombitch, it wasn't there. The thing I had always relied on to protect me failed. It wasn't there. I broke a couple fingers imediatly and the hands withdrew, my buddy still struggling with another assailaint just hit the gas and dragged the guy for a few feet before they fell away, and I found the knife on the seat. (I carry one with a much stonger clip now so they don't ever fall out). My point is this. Every one should be able to rely on THEMSELVES first before a weapon. Yes agun is diff than a knife, the sight of it from 5 feet away or 100ft away changes things, but it comes down to you, whether the thing fires or not, whether you chose to fire it or not. The weapon is only as good as the mind that controls it. Sorry for the knife thing on a gun thread, but I think it relates. And yes, if I do not have a knife on me, I feel naked.

"Bringing a knife to a gun fight, oh that' it ....

[laugh2]

Back
Top Bottom