Did I Just Get Scammed?

Here's what has happened since my last post:
Attorney general 617-727-8400 this time said I have to call:
executive office of public safety 671-727-7775 they told we to call
the ma state police 508-820-2300 they told me to call

the firearms license bureau 617-660-4780
the guy I spoke with was Zorren (unsure of spelling)
he told me all mags and gunparts must ship to FFL dealers in MA.
I told him I could not find that in the law, could he double check?
He called me back 2 days later and said he confirmed the all mags MUST ship to FFL dealers ONLY.
I asked him if he could supply me with the section of the law that requires mags be shipped to FFL dealers?
(he said didn't have the part of the law he found written down)
he respond that is ANYONE needed further info they should call him for the explanation.

so I ask that everyone that thinks the law is different then I've been told, please follow up with him?
**** any lawyers here that can follow up and get a written statement of some type ?

if you find out he is wrong,
ask for a letter / statement or email from him confirming that the MA laws do not apply to mailorder mags

Let me know what you find out,
Thank you,
Dave
DKMAGS
651-633-3624

Here's what has happened since my last post:
Attorney general 617-727-8400 this time said I have to call:

he told me all mags and gunparts must ship to FFL dealers in MA.
I told him I could not find that in the law, could he double check?
He called me back 2 days later and said he confirmed the all mags MUST ship to FFL dealers ONLY.
I asked him if he could supply me with the section of the law that requires mags be shipped to FFL dealers?
(he said didn't have the part of the law he found written down)
he respond that is ANYONE needed further info they should call him for the explanation.

so I ask that everyone that thinks the law is different then I've been told, please follow up with him?
**** any lawyers here that can follow up and get a written statement of some type ?

if you find out he is wrong,
ask for a letter / statement or email from him confirming that the MA laws do not apply to mailorder mags

Let me know what you find out,
Thank you,
Dave
DKMAGS
651-633-3624

So our stalwart public servants gave you a first class runaround and then false information. GOAL / Comm2A - are you listening?

Last edited:
Had a dealing like this myself on GB. 1,000 upper. Its was a preban and a day before i sent in the payment the guy reposted. When i questioned him he said because i was in MA it was illegal for him to ship it here, when i explained differently he said he wanted a relisting fee of 40.00! i told him TGFH and reported it. Long story short he left me bad feedback and i him and thats all that happened. Some people just suck ass on GB.

Dave,

First, good on you for trying to do right.
Second, the reason you weren't supplied with the relevant law was because it doesn't exist.

Dave,

First, good on you for trying to do right.
Second, the reason you weren't supplied with the relevant law was because it doesn't exist.

Aren't only hi-capacity feeding devices regulated in any way under Massachusetts law.

Buying a low capacity one is no more regulated that buying a pencil. And probably less so.

First off I'd like to welcome Dave to the forum. Good on you for at least trying to make heads or tails of MA gun laws. Welcome to Our world.
But this is how crazy all this is. I've had my LTC since 1973 (yes, I'm that old lol) I own dozens of firearms and am a self confessed mag junkie. I have no idea how many I own, but I know it's in the hundreds. I have NEVER been asked to show my LTC to buy one, when shopping in person. I have however been asked to send a scan of my LTC when buying pre-94 mags over 10 rounds online, which is understandable.

I had one of my interviews for MA NR LTC with Zorren. He was actually a decent guy, but about as far from a firearms attorney as you can get. In fact at the time he had told me that he worked part time at Home Depot.

I guess we are at a dead end?
the people who interpret the law say no mags etc

so we are stuck,
where nobody that makes the rules will state that mags can be sent via mail order....

while I understand how some people can interpret the law differently,

I have to go with the people who interpret the law. and I have no "PROOF" that they are wrong.
possible legal battle over interpretation of the law is not worth the legal issues, time or expense

There have been no updates to this post for 10 days,
so I don't plan to check back (unless someone calls or emails me)

I don't agree with this mail order restriction, but I must obey it.

feel free to call me if you get any more info.
and/or if you get anyone in MA to correct this error in the law or interpretation

Thanks,
Dave
651-633-3624
www.DKMAGS.com

I can understand that you must put the company (your livelihood) first, that's only natural. But I really appreciate that you took the time to look into it further. Thank You.

First, thanks for taking the time to register and respond here Dave.

With, that said, I have to ask, why do businesses list pre-ban magazines and then won't sell to a ban state?? I'm not referring to DKMAGS, it was just kind of a question/rant. I just went to buy some new old stock pre-ban Uzi conversion .22 lr mags from a company that said they were restricted. After offering to send a copy of my Class A, I was told that I also need to send a copy of my FFL. Seems like it is spreading. Time to contact some NH people.

Back
Top Bottom