Did I Just Get Scammed?

I couple of days ago I bought 4 mags from a seller on GB. 55 dollars for 4 brand new mags shipped. I paid for the item, but this morning the seller said i needed to ship these to an FFL. His auction said mags could only be shipped to the CC billing address and only firearms needed to go to an FFL. Anyways, he was quick to offer a refund, less fees. I figured the fees but be a few bucks 10 at most. Out of the 55 i paid yesterday i am getting back 40. He kept the S/H even though it never shipped. Was this guy BS'ing me with the MA FFl thing to get a few bucks ? Or are online sellers really that reluctant to deal with MA customers?

If he wasn't clear upfront that mags had to be shipped to an FFL. You shouldn't be paying anything, fees or otherwise. There's no reason mags need to be shipped to an FFL. Make sure you crap all over his feedback page.

If he had no crap in his ad about MA tell him you want a full refund, and if you don't get one, complain to gunbroker about it. He has no right to charge you shipping for a product that never shipped.

-Mike

If he had no crap in his ad about MA tell him you want a full refund, and if you don't get one, complain to gunbroker about it. He has no right to charge you shipping for a product that never shipped.

-Mike

This. The guy's a douche.

That seller is a thief, you should complain and demand your full refund unless his add specifically stated that the mags had to ship to an FFL. If he doesn't give you the rest of your money then report him to gunbroker and tell us his screen name on there, please.

If the seller isn't willing to give you the full refund then call your credit card company and dispute the charges.

He has an A+ rating. I'll give him the opportunity to make it right. If not, I'll see what, if anything, GB can do.

Since when do mags need to go to an FFL? Sounds like you got scammed.

Not sure it's relevant, but I'll ask anyway. What is the round capacity of the magazines? Why would any seller believe magazines would need to go through an FFL? Whether pre- or post-ban, 'normal' capacity, or administratively limited to ten or less, they still don't need to go through an FFL, right?

I'm like, 99% confident, but leave that one percent room for error solely because this state sucks and our laws and regulations are ridonculous.

You should get a full refund, and nothing less.

Unless he his original advertisement stated these terms, he has no right to keep any of your money.

So if he chooses not to business with you he should return 100% of the money, else he IS doing business with you.

He changed the terms in mid stream?? He's got to refund all fees too, it's not your fault. He's a freaking moron for yanking you out of 10 bucks.

Apparently, 8 rounds mags are illegal in MA?!?

as noted an the webpage before you entered your credit card info:

---------------------------------
** Please read ** the restrictions page if you are ordering from any of these Areas: CALIFORNIA- Denver County, CO-CONNECTICUT- HAWAII- ILLINOIS- South Bend, IN -MARYLAND- MASSACHUSETTS- NEW JERSEY- NEW YORK- OHIO. Ordering illegal items from these area's will require us to process 2 transactions on your account: 1 for your order, 1 for your refund, your refund will be less 10% and $5 to cover all the credit card fee's and time. If your Billing OR Shipping address is a restricted area, we cannot complete the transaction. Still unsure? we'll be glad to help!

$53.95
-5.40 (-10% for credit card fee;'s)
-5.00 (transaction fee's)
-2.20 (gunbroker fee's)
total refund $41.35

Apparently, 8 rounds mags are illegal in MA?!?

as noted an the webpage before you entered your credit card info:

---------------------------------
** Please read ** the restrictions page if you are ordering from any of these Areas: CALIFORNIA- Denver County, CO-CONNECTICUT- HAWAII- ILLINOIS- South Bend, IN -MARYLAND- MASSACHUSETTS- NEW JERSEY- NEW YORK- OHIO. Ordering illegal items from these area's will require us to process 2 transactions on your account: 1 for your order, 1 for your refund, your refund will be less 10% and $5 to cover all the credit card fee's and time. If your Billing OR Shipping address is a restricted area, we cannot complete the transaction. Still unsure? we'll be glad to help!

$53.95
-5.40 (-10% for credit card fee;'s)
-5.00 (transaction fee's)
-2.20 (gunbroker fee's)
total refund $41.35

what does the restrictions page say about MA?

Last edited:
Credit card companies don't charge 10%.....

what does the restrictions page say about MA?

sorry ive been staring at your avatar for the last 5 minutes...they provided a link to the restrictions page before payment, but its a dead link. I just now went to the web page and found a different link that states
MASSACHUSETTS
ALL mags must ship to FFL dealers!
mags over 10rds must be made prior to 1994

Correct Class A or B state permit required to pickup mags from dealer

So i guess its my fault for not calling after the provided link didnt work. Whatever, im not gonna go through the trouble for 12 bucks. Lesson learned.

sorry ive been staring at your avatar for the last 5 minutes...they provided a link to the restrictions page before payment, but its a dead link. I just now went to the web page and found a different link that states
MASSACHUSETTS

So i guess its my fault for not calling after the provided link didnt work. Whatever, im not gonna go through the trouble for 12 bucks. Lesson learned.

Name names so the rest of us know who to avoid.

Wrong on all three counts....

Back
Top Bottom