• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Did I do good or great?

tuna

NES Member
Went browsing the other day, and wound up in AAA guns in West Springfield. I was hoping to find a Ruger MkII for around $200 and couldn't find anything even close. Then I spotted a somewhat worn Browning Buckmark, with BSA red-dot scope for $150. I asked what was wrong, and found out that the grips were for a leftie. Everything is tight, the trigger is beautiful, and I'm $169 poorer, because I've ordered a set of rightie grips already.

I must be living right. And since I don't yet know if Tiny Tuna is a lefty or a rightie (she'll be 11 months old next week), I figure I'll keep the grips just in case.

The gun was made in 1988, and like I said, it looks 20 years old, but it'll never be a safe queen, and Brownings just start to get good when they hit drinking age, IMNSHO.

OK, I'm done gloating.

Finally got out to the range last night to try out my new pistol.

Set up at 25 yards, and the first group was right on - never had to touch the settings on the sight at all.

Even though the red dot completely covered the black at 25 yards, I had no trouble keeping most of my shots in the black. I was racing daylight, so I wasn't really trying for perfect shots, but even so, out of my first 50 rounds, I'd guess between 30 - 35 were in the black. If I took my time, or if a better shot than me was behind the trigger, the groups would be even more impressive, but I'm pretty happy with it.

Moved the target closer by half, to where I could actually see the dot in the center of the black, instead of obscuring the whole thing. Again fired 50 rounds, and had a 3 inch group just below the bull by maybe 2 inches. If I discount 5 flyers, the group shrinks to 1.5 inches, and again I wasn't really taking my time, but for me this is great shooting.

My next box of 50 was done standing, and looked like my shots off the bench at 25 yards. Again, pretty good for me.

I had 2 FTFs, which still didn't go off after several times into the mag - so I'm guessing bum rounds. I had no FTEs. The only other problem I had was the magazine tended to start sticking and woulnd't drop free in the middle of my session. I'll pull the grips off again and clean the mag release and mag well again, as well as the mag itself.

I'm very, very happy with this little pistol. All I need now is a couple more mags to keep the fun going a little longer without having to reload.

Back
Top Bottom