Derek as Globe Poster Boy - with Picture

Wow...that must've been one hell of a google search to come up with that website.

Actually, Michelle Malkin covered the Folsom Street Festival story extensively. The Catholic League had a boycott of Miller Brewing going for a while over their sponsorship of the event. Don't know how that worked out.

My first reaction to the photo was "Hey, didn't I just see that on the forum..."

Yeah, I know, I live a sad life.

Actually, Michelle Malkin covered the Folsom Street Festival story extensively. The Catholic League had a boycott of Miller Brewing going for a while over their sponsorship of the event. Don't know how that worked out.

So you bookmarked it? I mean, the article is over 7 months old.

I used to live in San Francisco and stumbled across that "fair" while I was going to the North Face outlet for backpacking gear..Seriously,me and my friend had no idea it was going on.

<Insert all the ya right comments here>

Let me tell you,no matter what you may have read about it,no matter what pictures you may have seen.I guarantee you it is a thousand times worse.

The alleyways are filled with freaks having all kinds of gay sex,amongst the garbage and rat feces.After seeing some of that shit,I then realized AIDS while being a preventable disease in a way,these guys were spreading it around like candy at a NAMBLA meeting.

Even living in SF,nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see.

Damn,what the hell was this thread about ?

I used to live in San Francisco and stumbled across that "fair" while I was going to the North Face outlet for backpacking gear..Seriously,me and my friend had no idea it was going on.

<Insert all the ya right comments here>

Let me tell you,no matter what you may have read about it,no matter what pictures you may have seen.I guarantee you it is a thousand times worse.

The alleyways are filled with freaks having all kinds of gay sex,amongst the garbage and rat feces.After seeing some of that shit,I then realized AIDS while being a preventable disease in a way,these guys were spreading it around like candy at a NAMBLA meeting.

Even living in SF,nothing could have prepared me for what I was about to see.

Damn,what the hell was this thread about ?

You said, "backpacking".

I am certainly no "shrinking violet" regarding my use and enjoyment of firearms. I also use my LTC as the "photo ID" so often requested - when I'm NOT carrying - to expose those requesting it to the radical concept that "normal people" actually possess guns.

However, I suspect most people will not read the story, but only skim it. What will they see: Some guy with a gun wearing "Army gear" who moved to NH because that's where "those people" belong.

Just one man's opinion. [wink]

Can I get an Amen? +1

I've made similar statements in many threads to little or no response - perhaps I needed to articulate it better and not ramble so much. I'm growing ever weary of playing nicey-nice and being quiet...
You got an Amen here.

+1 to all of you who've chimed in support of Derek.

Those who have berated him for his choice of photograph are pathetic and laughable. Get back in your caves.

Scriv, good point about using the LTC for identification purposes. Every time I have used my LTC in that capacity the person looking at it was actually a LTC holder themselves. We are out there, and not as small in numbers as we think...

I'd like to propose the NES secret handshake. Grab the other person's hand with your thumb extended vertically as if hitchhiking. After establishing a grip, sweep the thumb down using the motion necessary to disengage a 1911 thumb safety.

I don't know if I'd be interested in rubbing thumbs with another guy. [laugh]

I am certainly no "shrinking violet" regarding my use and enjoyment of firearms. I also use my LTC as the "photo ID" so often requested - when I'm NOT carrying - to expose those requesting it to the radical concept that "normal people" actually possess guns.

[wink]

I have love/hate relationship with people using an LTC as a form of ID at work. I love it because it gives me some to talk about with my customers, but my boss hates it because when it happens, not much work gets done for the following hour or two.

And everyone thinks the photo was at a NH range. WRONG! Worcester Pistol and Rifle Club.

Perhaps this photo would have been fitting! Taken today at the FFF Club of Mattapoisett during a Women on Target Event! GO TEAM!

DSC00473.jpg

[smile][smile][smile][smile][smile]

However, I suspect most people will not read the story, but only skim it. What will they see: Some guy with a gun wearing "Army gear" who moved to NH because that's where "those people" belong.

Just one man's opinion. [wink]

If they "skim" as you say, they'll assume he's in "the army" (unless they read it).

Careful who you are calling lame there Dench, I have quite a few good friends who work as contractors in both countries, none of who are "lame" as you so put it.

im not calling people who are over seas lame, im saying that private mercenary companies are. when war is making money for private reasons, its only going to make things worse.

What the heck happened here! I was busy this weekend and the SHTF while I was away! All I have to say is: Good for you Derek! Don't take ANY s*it from ANYONE out there.

If the Globe somehow has tried to use that photo to smear a decorated Military Veteran, then that just goes to show what a liberal, piece of sh*t, no good f*cking rag of a newspaper that it is. And you know what, to sheepole who read that article, commie pinkos (all of those those Lenin, Stalin and Mao worshipers) and think that it is better NOT to have a family like that in their community, well, they can all go f*ck off, eat sh*t and die!

Please, PLEASE, don't try to ram diversity, "understanding" and "Together We Can" down our throats, and then in the next breath tear up the constitution and denigrate those who do not ascribe to their same twisted logic. I mean, to have the B*lls to sit back later and ponder why no one wants to come to Massachusetts and to write an article about it! LOL... Great to be on the "diversity" side of things until the political winds flip the other way and you wind up on the s*it end of the stick. That is why NO ONE wants to come to Massachusetts.

I have a thought: Here is a good article for the Boston Democrat to write:
"Why are there only bigots left in Massachusetts politics?"

Here is a hint: It is because the state is run by a bunch of bigoted, racist Democrats! Until Massachusetts drops the one party monopoly and rule by judicial fiats, no one will flock here unless they are delusional.

Last edited:
Derek: Thought the picture was cool and maybe opened some eyes to the fact that MA IS TOO LEFT LEANING and that EBRs aren't evil unless used for evil.

Bob

Is there a link to this article? I would love to read it, but am coming up dry on the globe site. BTW, derek looks great in the photo. Believe it or not, that's what a gun owner should look like. Ready and prepared to kick your ass if your f*** with us. [wink] Not slapping geese with our muskets. Hopefully, once this month free's up for me, I can get the ball moving on my NES involvment strategy that will let people realize that gun owners aren't all hunters, but community member's as well.

I think it's a great picture, FWIW.

Let's face it - anyone who looks at that picture and thinks, "Another gun nut. Glad to be rid of 'im" isn't going to be convinced by any rationale you, I, or Albert F**king Einstein could put forth.

So forget them. We're not going to bring them over to our side no matter what we do, no matter how many hoops we jump through or how many concessions we grant the gun-grabbers.

Hell, first off, they're reading the Globe. They've already made a conscious decision to support a paper more biased that Pravda, for crissakes...

Good on ya for trying, D.

Back
Top Bottom