Derek as Globe Poster Boy - with Picture

USMA-82

NES Member
Here he is in all his glory:

DerekinGlobe5-18-08.jpg

Speaking out in an article about Massachusetts losing residents, Derek describes how the state's "left-leaning politics" drove him away.

Derek, shown in stylish "ready-for-war" gear will certainly raise a few eyebrows among the wacko Mass liberals. Good for him.

Film at eleven.....

Great comments Derek! But I have to believe the Globe chose that photo, out of the multiples they must have to place there, to raise controversy / comment.

Personnally, I think you look great!
+1

Joe

Great comments Derek! But I have to believe the Globe chose that photo, out of the multiples they must have to place there, to raise controversy / comment.

Personnally, I think you look great!
+1

Joe

+1 It's almost as though they thought "He sounds too intelligent, lets post a picture that will make them dismiss him as a gun nut."

Ugh, bad photo for the article. Now he looks like a gun nut to 99% of politicians and residents. There goes any chance of that article having any effect at all. I'd be pissed.

Terrible photo. He looks like a Mall Ninja. Where did they get that photo anyway? I would hope Derek wouldn't show up for an interview with the Boston Globe dressed like that.

Half the people that read the Globe will think it is great that he left the state, one less gun nut.

Half the people that read the Globe will think it is great that he left the state, one less gun nut.

While I think it's a great picture, I'm afraid I have to agree with this sentiment. For the purposes of this article, our purposes anyway, I'd rather have seen a picture of Derek at his Massachusetts job ... or at least two photos; the Massachusetts Derek and the NH Derek.

I smell a whiff of intentional demonization here, as if to suggest to the liberal readers of the Globe, "all we're losing is those wacky gun nuts, so it's not all bad".

I feel ... uneasy about this.

While I think it's a great picture, I'm afraid I have to agree with this sentiment. For the purposes of this article, our purposes anyway, I'd rather have seen a picture of Derek at his Massachusetts job ... or at least two photos; the Massachusetts Derek and the NH Derek.

I smell a whiff of intentional demonization here, as if to suggest to the liberal readers of the Globe, "all we're losing is those wacky gun nuts, so it's not all bad".

I feel ... uneasy about this.

I agree, but, the silver lining is that it may scare the everloving sh*t out of some of the emigrants who might otherwise drag their liberal ideology with them to your safe haven.

I agree, but, the silver lining is that it may scare the everloving sh*t out of some of the emigrants who might otherwise drag their liberal ideology with them to your safe haven.

Given the current political mood in Democrat controlled NH, it may have unintended consequences there, as well. Liberals are not satisfied merely to avoid those whome they dislike; they must eliminate them, change them, or control them.

great job Derek!

After reading the article, I want to point something out that the article did nto address.

The first family mentioned on the front page said they moved to NC to build a 2000sqft home for 171k, something they could not have done in MA. While that is true, I would like the Globe to mention more closely the wage differences between MA and NC. Guarantee that in general, wages in NC are below those of MA. therefore, I want to know just ho much the gap between wages and affordable living REALLY is.

I am not condoning or in any way loving the tax schemes of MA, but I am just trying to point out that there are two sides to every story....

great job Derek!

After reading the article, I want to point something out that the article did nto address.

The first family mentioned on the front page said they moved to NC to build a 2000sqft home for 171k, something they could not have done in MA. While that is true, I would like the Globe to mention more closely the wage differences between MA and NC. Guarantee that in general, wages in NC are below those of MA. therefore, I want to know just ho much the gap between wages and affordable living REALLY is.

I am not condoning or in any way loving the tax schemes of MA, but I am just trying to point out that there are two sides to every story....

I'm not here to piss on your parade, but, the town the folks moved to is right outside Raleigh and, more importantly, RTP(Research Triangle Park). Even without a COLA The salaries in the area are actually comparable and your dollar can go a long way down there. It was becoming quite New Englandified and for awhile McMansions were popping up everywhere.
I haven't been back down in awhile but d@mn did I love it down there. My cousin is out in Jackson, NC about an 1:30 drive east and they've been talking about moving but one thing they're having a problem with that's the same up here; they can't sell their house for sh*t.

Given the current political mood in Democrat controlled NH, it may have unintended consequences there, as well. Liberals are not satisfied merely to avoid those whome they dislike; they must eliminate them, change them, or control them.

That's the part I loathe the most. Y'all have to take a strong stand.

I'm not here to piss on your parade, but, the town the folks moved to is right outside Raleigh and, more importantly, RTP(Research Triangle Park). Even without a COLA The salaries in the area are actually comparable and your dollar can go a long way down there. It was becoming quite New Englandified and for awhile McMansions were popping up everywhere.
I haven't been back down in awhile but d@mn did I love it down there. My cousin is out in Jackson, NC about an 1:30 drive east and they've been talking about moving but one thing they're having a problem with that's the same up here; they can't sell their house for sh*t.

I know, that is why i was asking. Still, I think the differences are enough to warrant a closer look, but yes, you are right, it also depends on location.

There are a whole bunch of gun grabbing leftist libercraps that are probably saying good! Those are the kind of rednecks we don't want in MA. [smile]

Terrible photo. He looks like a Mall Ninja. Where did they get that photo anyway? I would hope Derek wouldn't show up for an interview with the Boston Globe dressed like that.

I guess the Marines didn't teach me how to dress properly for training. [thinking] Maybe it was the various USMC S.O.I. schools that made me dress like a Mall Ninja. [rolleyes]

David asked me for a recent photo, that photo was the most recent and it was taken at the Harrington Carbine class.

Derek, may I ask... Who is David? Is this a friend who asked you for the picture, or someone from the Globe?

Is this some kind of Judas act, or is it just none of my business?

Back
Top Bottom