Derek as Globe Poster Boy - with Picture

Great statement and photo. Screw all the bed wetters. Lawful gun owners are not going away. If it scares them, tough.

Great statement and photo. Screw all the bed wetters. Lawful gun owners are not going away. If it scares them, tough.

i dont know how you can say that, especialy on this forum. thread after thread people complain about MA gun laws, and people time after time say "move out of MA". a LOT of gun owners are going away. and the rest of us bitch and moan about it as if anyone in charge of the state remotly cares.

the photo of derek (which i think is good from a shooters point of view), is only going to make the average MA citizen be thankful that, derek "the crazy guy with the MACHINE GUN!" is out of the state.

Last edited:
First off, Derek knew who he was dealing with when he provided that picture. He's now a NH resident so the MA bed wetters have nothing to worry about unless they come near him on their way to Storyland. For all anyone knows, that picture could have been taken in downtown Falluja or Kabul. And I'd bet that many seeing that picture even thought that.
I can't see how that one picture is going to make such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Cripes, there are far "worse" pictures in the stands at Borders and Barnes & Noble.

One more thing, I hope the nurse's offices in the elementary schools of the liberal bastions in the state are overflowing with wimpy kids quaking in their shoes over the picture of the "bad man with the scary gun". Load 'em up with their meds so they can function and give 'em lots of counseling.

I can't see how that one picture is going to make such a big deal in the grand scheme of things.

I guess when you're oppressed all your life any little bit of sand will hurt your, nevermind... [thinking]

If anything it will prevent pacifist liberals from moving to NH. I got some moonbat stares from Ma**h***s yesterday when I open carried while climbing Mt. Monadnock.

You guys hide your hobby and guns, I won't.

First off, Derek knew who he was dealing with when he provided that picture. He's now a NH resident so the MA bed wetters have nothing to worry about unless they come near him on their way to Storyland. For all anyone knows, that picture could have been taken in downtown Falluja or Kabul. And I'd bet that many seeing that picture even thought that.
I can't see how that one picture is going to make such a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Cripes, there are far "worse" pictures in the stands at Borders and Barnes & Noble.

One more thing, I hope the nurse's offices in the elementary schools of the liberal bastions in the state are overflowing with wimpy kids quaking in their shoes over the picture of the "bad man with the scary gun". Load 'em up with their meds so they can function and give 'em lots of counseling.

jon, you have quite the negitive outlook on life it seems.
dont you realise that these "bed wetters" and other people you group together are generaly the people who are in charge of this state? you act like we shouldnt care what they think and that provoking them is no big deal. in reality, all it does is damage MA gun rights even more.
whats with the odd and totaly assine medicationa and counseling comment???

also, its more then obvious that the photo was taken at a range, you can see the berm in the backround.

Last edited:
That's right, we can't piss off the "Great Provider".
I'm sick of worrying if I'm going to offend some group of people every time my farts stink.

The "asinine" comment? Well it illustrates how the bed wetters are raising another generation of those who can't think for themselves and blame everyone else.

The "asinine" comment? Well it illustrates how the bed wetters are raising another generation of those who can't think for themselves and blame everyone else.

your right! america is DOOMED becasue people dont agree with you! --the next generation is going to be TERRIBLE.
i didnt know you had your phd's in sociology and psychiatry!
you have your blinders on just like the bed wetters and their kids, except you are the exact opposite of their ideal way of life

dont you realise that these "bed wetters" and other people you group together are generaly the people who are in charge of this state? you act like we shouldnt care what they think and that provoking them is no big deal. in reality, all it does is damage MA gun rights even more.
whats with the odd and totaly assine medicationa and counseling comment???

Some people prefer to walk on eggshells as to not offend people,or possibly scare them.Those same people are so afraid and self conscious of how they are percieved,they carry a mirror around with them to always check on how they are looking and acting.

This is a shitty way to go about life.

I guess Jon isn't one of them.

Derek - how did they initially hook up with you?

The photo would be great for the GOAL newsletter, but the reaction from your average non gun owning MA resident will be "good, glad those kind of people have moved to NH".

I guess when you're oppressed all your life any little bit of sand will hurt your, nevermind... [thinking]

If anything it will prevent pacifist liberals from moving to NH. I got some moonbat stares from Ma**h***s yesterday when I open carried while climbing Mt. Monadnock.

You guys hide your hobby and guns, I won't.

Well said buddy.

The typical globe reader isn't going to change their mind about anything, particularly guns. I read all of these posts bitching about Fudds. Yet here is a responsible guy out doing some training, and who represents gun ownership apart from the irritatingly common duck-hunting type that is so often patronized by the "gun friendly" lefties. What happens? People, gun owners at that, start knee jerking about how it looks to the typical Massachusetts gun grabber. Guess what: we are a minority here in Mass, and that isn't going to change. The only thing stopping more regulations against gun owners is luck, lack of gun knowledge on the other side, and time. One photo in the silly Globe won't make any damned difference one way or the other.

Some people prefer to walk on eggshells as to not offend people,or possibly scare them.Those same people are so afraid and self conscious of how they are percieved,they carry a mirror around with them to always check on how they are looking and acting.

This is a shitty way to go about life.

I guess Jon isn't one of them.

i dont walk on eggshells either. but you dont see me saying that people are sheep, they need medication and counseling etc because i dont agree with them.

ive somehow found the magical line to walk while still having some class.

Derek - how did they initially hook up with you?

The photo would be great for the GOAL newsletter, but the reaction from your average non gun owning MA resident will be "good, glad those kind of people have moved to NH".

I responded to a request for information of people leaving MA and why.

Should I have had a cracked open O/U on my shoulder holding a few geese? [thinking]

I'm not in the closet about my guns, maybe if every one of you were "out" the sheeple would realize just how many of us there are.

I'll risk a verbal beatdown by the gang, here, but ... do you dress the same for a job interview as you do for a night out with the guys? The point that some are making here is that there's a question about how you should represent yourself, as a gun owner, to an often hostile and ill-informed public.

I've told the story before about my trip to the annual joint safety committee hearing at the Statehouse. GOAL put a contingent together ... this was years ago. GOAL advised that guys leave the camo at home and dress like you're going somewhere nice. I wore a jacket and tie.

Naturally, at the hearing, the news cameras zoomed in on two toothless elderly brothers, dressed like they were heading out turkey hunting. They have every right to wear the attire they're comfortable in, but the cameras got just the image they wanted to portray gun rights activists as a bunch of inbred hicks.

It was the eminent philosopher Pogo, I think, who said, "We have met the enemy, and it is us". Sometimes we are our own worst enemy. We too often, through attitude, make it very easy for the enemy to demonize and marginalize us ... and the enemy will miss no opportunity to do so.

I'm not in the closet about my guns, maybe if every one of you were "out" the sheeple would realize just how many of us there are.
I'm "out" as well - people at work know what I do, and I don't come up with some cover story when my vacation time involves a trip to the USPSA nationals. The more people see that us gun owners are just ordinary people like themselves, the better for us.

That being said, I wouldn't bring go out of my way to discuss my recreational activities in a job interview. There is a time and a place for everything.

I responded to a request for information of people leaving MA and why.

Should I have had a cracked open O/U on my shoulder holding a few geese? [thinking]

+1 ... I'm definately out. I've already had a number of folks express an interest for me to take them shooting. There're few things in this world as neat as seeing someone fire off a magazine of 45ACP (or whatever else they want to shoot) and seeing an ear to ear grin on their face.

I just need to increase my gun collection....For educational purposes of course.

That being said, I wouldn't bring go out of my way to discuss my recreational activities in a job interview. There is a time and a place for everything.

The difference being, of course, that Derek wasn't being interviewed for a job. He was expressing his reasons for being compelled to leave Massachusetts.

I'm glad they ran that picture. Maybe it's time that we stop "walking on eggshells" and be a little more vocal. Maybe the sheep need to see how many sheepdogs are actually out there with them. With a little luck, the right Supreme Court decision and the right person in the White House (fingers crossed), it may almost be time to shake things up a little in the Commonweath.

Or maybe we should just stay in the closet, work on our secret handshakes and hope no one discovers our evil passions. Yeah, that's worked pretty well over the past 30 years or so, hasn't it...

The difference being, of course, that Derek wasn't being interviewed for a job. He was expressing his reasons for being compelled to leave Massachusetts.

I'm glad they ran that picture. Maybe it's time that we stop "walking on eggshells" and be a little more vocal. Maybe the sheep need to see how many sheepdogs are actually out there with them. With a little luck, the right Supreme Court decision and the right person in the White House (fingers crossed), it may almost be time to shake things up a little in the Commonweath.

Or maybe we should just stay in the closet, work on our secret handshakes and hope no one discovers our evil passions. Yeah, that's worked pretty well over the past 30 years or so, hasn't it...

Good point.

Yup. Good point. Secret handshakes are cool though.

Back
Top Bottom