Deer hunting near my house

G3

I am new to hunting and I have this question but don't know who to ask. I live in hingham my town is in both zone 10 and 11. Close look up revealed my house situated in zone 10. Right behind my house there is a conservation land some is wetland but most thick wooded area all the way to the ocean. Area is about 100 acres. I know there are deer there because They wonder in my back yard at night. I know the law about 500 feet away from any house to use a firearm or bow. Can I hunt in this conservation land who should I ask to make sure?

I suggest that you go to the conservation office in your town hall. The will know who owns the land, whether it is owned by the town, the state, or a third party.

I suggest that you go to the conservation office in your town hall. The will know who owns the land, whether it is owned by the town, the state, or a third party.

Does it make a difference if it is owned by state or town? This is why I am asking yesterday I went to one of our parks in hingham (Wompatuck state park) I could not find anybody in visitor center but I talked to one of the employee about wild life management area. He told me I can not hunt for deer in state owned property. Is this right?

Last edited:
He told me I can not hunt for deer in state owned property. Is this right?

Hmm..I seem to remember alot of folks hunting in the Miles Standish Stae Forest........Maybe he means Hingham has a law against discharging a firearm within it's town borders?

I've hunted State property out my way. They actually post "hunting season is open, don't forget to wear your orange" signs for all the walkers etc. that use the area.
Something isn't right with that...it has to be a local ordinance, or something with that piece of woods due to size, location to something else, etc.
Or he just had no idea what he was talking about?

Back
Top Bottom