• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

David Gregory Violates DC Gun Law

This.

When you allow a class of people to be left alone and basically above the law, thus leaving police to arbitrarily enforce it as they wish, you destroy any possibility of real freedom or equality. This is EXACTLY the same mentality that gave us Jim Crow and gun laws in the first place.

Be careful what you wish for. For example, the MA AWB is enforced in only the most egregious cases. If you truly wanted equal enforcement of mag restrictions against everyone, then you are the enemy, as bad as any Rosenthal, Sugarmann, or Rep. McCarthy.

If your views are antithetical to David Gregory's liberty, then your views are antithetical to liberty.

I think it better laws be enforced to their fullest extent so that the absurdity of those laws become self evident, than those laws get selectively enforced over time allowing mission creep that has left us in the current situation.

The very reason our country is so ****ed up is because we allow stupid laws to be enacted and selectively enforced.

Bill, I don't think anyone can really argue with your logic. I think what most of us are hoping for is for this to turn into a real debacle, an embarrassment to all parties involved and ultimately an example of the stupidity of these laws. The hope is that the average citizen takes a step back and sees these laws as a waste of time. With the help of a public arrest such as this it could happen. At least I hope so.

Be careful what you wish for. For example, the MA AWB is enforced in only the most egregious cases. If you truly wanted equal enforcement of mag restrictions against everyone, then you are the enemy, as bad as any Rosenthal, Sugarmann, or Rep. McCarthy.

If your views are antithetical to David Gregory's liberty, then your views are antithetical to liberty.

ill, I don't think anyone can really argue with your logic. I think what most of us are hoping for is for this to turn into a real debacle, an embarrassment to all parties involved and ultimately an example of the stupidity of these laws. The hope is that the average citizen takes a step back and sees these laws as a waste of time. With the help of a public arrest such as this it could happen. At least I hope so.

+1

I want Gregory's defenders to point out that he had no intent to use the magazine to harm anyone. They would be correct. Then Gregory could take his place alongside the millions of gun owners who own guns and magazines without the intent of harming anyone.

I can't think of a better way to point out that it's not the gun or the magazine that's 'evil,' it's the person holding it. Something that we've all been saying for a long time.

I think it better laws be enforced to their fullest extent so that the absurdity of those laws become self evident, than those laws get selectively enforced over time allowing mission creep that has left us in the current situation.

The very reason our country is so ****ed up is because we allow stupid laws to be enacted and selectively enforced.

As in immigration laws. We have them. They are not enforced.

I want him drilled (not necessarily convicted, but left with the feeling of being raped) for two reasons:

1. To show how dumb current laws are.
2. To make those who pump those laws eat their own dogfood.

3. Have stupid laws repealed. I know I said 2 but I had to add this in...even though the odds are infinitesimally low.

I think we would just all love to see Gregory actually pleading for why the law is stupid and how it shouldn't apply because he is not a criminal.

when "our betters" feel the pain of the life of their "subjects" things change.

if Pelosi and her friends got anally probed by TSA, every time, many times a week, she flies to/from Kali on tax payer dime, things would be different.

if Barry's kids went to real public schools and he wasn't protected by armed SS, things would be different.

When NH governor (?) got stuck in traffic jam due to tolls, those things were closed off for a day

I don't care if some of these laws aren't enforced. Unenforceable laws should be stricken from the books, so that .gov can't turn any citizen into a monster by finding spent 22 shell casings under a rug or applying laws that have never been enforced. Enforce them or GTFO.

So you want to use government power to inflict pain on people whose views you disagree with?

The enforcement of this law on one of the "chosen" ones is the best way to bring the problem to light in a way that cannot be ignored. If one believes all men are created equal then they must allow for the enforcement of this law or force the abolition of all such laws.

But that's not how it works for the chosen ones. The chosen ones make a phone call to one of the other chosen ones and their problems disappear. The rule of law is applied quite selectively.

Regardless of capacity, can he legally posess any magazine except nambla monthly?

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

I think we would just all love to see Gregory actually pleading for why the law is stupid and how it shouldn't apply because he is not a criminal.

I don't personally love it.

I'm not bothered by moonbats using the 1A to bash the 2A. What I am bothered by is the gutter scum that locks someone in jail for practicing their 2A.

An interesting question is "How would this be handled if Wayne LaPierre or Alan Gottlieb did the exact same thing and whipped out a 30 rounder as a prop in a DC TV interview?".

We know how it would have ended - charges would have been brought that day. "Reasonable Suspicion" is all they need for an arrest, "Reasonable Doubt" is what the jury decides - not the police or the DA or the ATF.

We know how it would have ended - charges would have been brought that day. "Reasonable Suspicion" is all they need for an arrest, "Reasonable Doubt" is what the jury decides - not the police or the DA or the ATF.

Arrest someone based on reasonable suspicion and you're riding the train to federal court.

Arrests require probable cause; reasonable suspicion is only sufficient for a temporary investigatory seizure.

Arrest someone based on reasonable suspicion and you're riding the train to federal court.

Arrests require probable cause; reasonable suspicion is only sufficient for a temporary investigatory seizure.

+1. And they would have PC on this matter. Now wether the DA will pursue it is another matter.

Oh. So someone at the ATF said it was 'okay'?

Well then, it must be true. Jesus. [rolleyes]

This is even further afield: the ATF has no jurisdiction over state laws (which, for present purposes, includes the District of Columbia Code). ATF may have told someone Gregory would not be violating Federal law, but that is not what the police are investigating.

This is even further afield: the ATF has no jurisdiction over state laws (which, for present purposes, includes the District of Columbia Code). ATF may have told someone Gregory would not be violating Federal law, but that is not what the police are investigating.
Let's be honest though, the DC police are likely looking for an "out" here and will take "the ATF said so". If they think they can get away with it without it coming back to haunt them in the press or a future prosecution.

I could be wrong, but we all know that laws don't apply to the beautiful people until they really, really break them, over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom