Daughters

Fencer, that's awesome, love to see pics like this!! Just warms my heart :)

my daughter is 7 soon to be 8, i asked her if she wanted to go shooting....She told me nope [sad2]

Hang in there, I get the same most of the time. Mine just turned 7. She shoots her pellet gun sometimes but there isn't too much interest yet. I am not pushing it since I know with her if I push she will get turned off it and definitely not go. That said she loves to help daddy reloading (recent setup) and I told her if she is going to keep reloading she has to come to the range with me and shoot some of the bullets. Probably not the .45s yet though :)

Attachments

• IMG_4752[1].jpg
    IMG_4752[1].jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 151
Mine should be here this weekend. She already has a LFOD lower from AWS waiting for her to learn how to shoot with. I was hoping I would be able to teach her how to push boys over this summer but the wife seems to think 2-3 months old is too young for those life lessons.

Hey OP, sooo... I'm single and not much older than her [wink]

And you seem like such a nice guy that it would be a shame to have to kill you. [wink]

In other words....[smile]
7a399666ff112c895d0d7af033679683.jpg

As my friend Bill from [STRIKE=.]NC[/STRIKE] NH said "I got space bags, a backhoe, lime and [STRIKE=.]50[/STRIKE] 125 acres, they'll never find the body".

FIF....me [wink]

Prior to my son breaking his arm last week, my kids were shooting 'their' free-state AR's off our front porch and pinging steel at about 100 yards.

My daughter was hitting the target more often than me, using BUIS. My damn eyes are getting old.

Funny, all the dads are buying their daughters guns, I guess I should buy my sons plate carriers?

Buy all the plate carriers you want. 2 words: Pelvic Girdle.

A little spin off this. What's a good pistol or revolver for youngish daughters to shoot that will have an heirloom type quality years from now?

1605912562950.png
1605912627935.png

A little spin off this. What's a good pistol or revolver for youngish daughters to shoot that will have an heirloom type quality years from now?
Hard to beat a Colt Woodsman. I love mine. Also favored by @one-eyed Jack

The Woodsman is a fine pistol. I like to start newbies with a revolver just because of the simplicity. No magazines to fail, less finicky about ammo, and as an added benefit a wheel gun can shoot quiets and shorts.

When my daughter is old enough to date I will bring every boyfriend to the range with me. I will always make sure they see the shovel in the back of the truck, and if any of them ask what it's for I will simply say " first aid kit", nothing more.

Both of my girls shoot (14 and 20), although they're not as excited about it as they used to be. My hope is that they'll get back into it in the future.

It's funny how when they're in their early and mid teens, you're as dumb as a post but when they get older, you get smart again. It must be a miracle.

my daughter is 7 soon to be 8, i asked her if she wanted to go shooting....She told me nope [sad2]
My 7 soon to be 8 year old has two older brothers. When i asked her if she wanted to go shooting with daddy she asked me ”who are we going to kill?” I think letting her play fortnight with her brothers may have been a mistake.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom