CZ 527 in 7.62x39

I was also in the market for a rifle chambered in 7.62x39. I looked around and found one made in Serbia on a small ring Mauser action. It was in the $400 range and to my surprise was very well built and accurate. Walnut stock but it does not have a detachable mag.

I was also in the market for a rifle chambered in 7.62x39. I looked around and found one made in Serbia on a small ring Mauser action. It was in the $400 range and to my surprise was very well built and accurate. Walnut stock but it does not have a detachable mag.

Sounds like the Mini Mauser that was made by Zastava and sold/distrubuted over the years by Interarms, KBI/Charles Daly, Remington and others. If so, It is not a "small ring mauser". It was marketed as a "mini mauser", which it resembles. It doesn't have the Mauser claw extractor, but more of a Sako style. They are well made rifles. I don't think I have ever seen "normal" pricing for one at $400. However, when they were on clearance thru CDNN several years ago, I think they might have been around $400. At that price, I think they are great, but pricing now on them is pretty high and it's hard to find one on 7.62x39.

If it's not that beast, it might be a converted Yugo M48, which isn't a small ring mauser", but it is an intermediate length action.

DW

Sounds like the Mini Mauser that was made by Zastava and sold/distrubuted over the years by Interarms, KBI/Charles Daly, Remington and others. If so, It is not a "small ring mauser". It was marketed as a "mini mauser", which it resembles. It doesn't have the Mauser claw extractor, but more of a Sako style. They are well made rifles. I don't think I have ever seen "normal" pricing for one at $400. However, when they were on clearance thru CDNN several years ago, I think they might have been around $400. At that price, I think they are great, but pricing now on them is pretty high and it's hard to find one on 7.62x39.

If it's not that beast, it might be a converted Yugo M48, which isn't a small ring mauser", but it is an intermediate length action.

DW

DW,
You are correct it is a mini Mauser. They were being imported by Century in 223, 7.62x39 and another caliber that slips my mind at the moment.

Mine was just imported and it came in via Century. They had them in their latest flyer for $429.00. Thats not dealer cost however.

My only gripe with it is the bolt handle is small. I have it at a Gunsmith now having a new bolt handle installed. I have to say I was surprised how accurate it was using Winchester White box 7.62x39. Golden Tiger and Wolf it did OK. But we all know that the later ammo is not known for its accuracy. I have dies now for 7.62x39 and will be reloading soon.

Back
Top Bottom