CZ 527 in 7.62x39

SKS Ray

NES Member
These have caught my attention lately and I figured I'd start looking for one at a decent price. Has anyone seen one around at shops/shows?

1a5d74d2e54c2a1b5d7208084c9640a0.png

I have one in .223 and love it. There's a couple idiosyncrasies to watch out for, including scope rings. But they are dead nuts shooters.

I bought a CZ455 from Al's Guns in Derry, NH today. He's a dealer and a good guy to deal with. I believe Collectors in Stoneham ordered one for me way back when.

I was actually looking at this one too. saw the guy at my range shooting it couple of weeks ago, came by to take a closer look.
quality is very impressive. wood was just beautiful.
I was actually thinking of savage 10 fcm scout in 7.62x39 that i saw last fall at dicks in taunton, but after seing CZ i'm unsure.
both rifles are just over $620 but cz has beautiful wood and savage just plane cheap-o synthetic.
i'm in the stupor, can't quite decide.
wanna both but my unfortunately have only one sutcase of cash left [smile] got to watch my spending

I have no idea about this gun, but I must say that Czecks are awesome at two things: guns and beer ... and used to be at hockey. Whatever gun I see, .22, pistol, rifle, if it got CZ on it, it's going to be awesome.

Once you go CZ you don't go back...

...and its a 7.62, that rifle is full of win.
[smile]
I am also looking for one. If I find two I will let you know.

i have heavily debated with myself about getting one of these guns. the word on them is they are rediculously precise, very well engineered tools. My father had one of these a long time ago in .222 rem and he said it would do cloverleafs all day at 100 yds. that spoke volumes to me! One is deff in the future for me in 7.62x39, what a gun. And the wood is beautiful, i know synthetic stocks are all the rage but i just cant help but love an old school heavy wood stock with a great wood grain and a high gloss finish...mmmm

Dom

there is a downside to having beautiful wood.
right now i can pretty much through any of my synthetic guns in the trunk and not worry about it getting scratched or danged by other junk in the trunk.
but if you have such nice finished stock you now have to drag along a hard case or at least soft one to protect it.
and let's face it, despite all the effort to protect it, it's inevitable and it WILL get danged or scratched at some point and then i'll feel bad and sorry for it.

But seriously, gotta get both, end of story [smile]

This is an old thread I know, but after seeing Hickock45's recent review of the 527 in 7.62x39 I decided I had to have one! I've got my LGS on the lookout for one right now! :)

I have also been looking at these, and the savage as well. The only thing I like better about the savage is it has a 22" barrel vs the CZ 16" barrel.

I hadn't really thought about Savage, and they do appear to have one model (11/111 FCNS) that might fit the bill. But then again, it's only 4 rounds (internal) whereas the CZ has a 5 rd. detachable mag.

well the 527 is a carbine, i believe they make a similar beast in a full size gun but dont quote me.

Unfortunately they don't. (see quote below from CZ website)

"The Carbine is an intermediate range 'brush gun.' This handy rifle features open sights, a straight comb walnut stock and weighs less than 6 pounds! It's the only model in the CZ family of bolt action rifles that is chambered for the popular 7.62x39."

This is an old thread I know, but after seeing Hickock45's recent review of the 527 in 7.62x39 I decided I had to have one! I've got my LGS on the lookout for one right now! :)

I just checked Davidsons GoG and they're out of stock.
The MSRP is $711.00, but you can beat that from most of the listed dealers.

Click here for the specs:

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/...=2&type=Rifle&cal=All&fin=&sit=&zipcode=03026

If you want one, click the stock watch link and provide an email address, they'll contact you when they're back in stock.

Yeah thanks. My LGS already has it on his "wishlist" for pretty much all the distributors out there. It's always the things I want that are never in stock! :-(

Correction.... shipping charge only $42.00. (I can live with that)

Thanks for the tip, but unfortunately their least expensive shipping is $70.00, making the total cost much higher than that of my LGS. I'll just wait it out, as I'm not in a yank to get it.

Last edited:
I hadn't really thought about Savage, and they do appear to have one model (11/111 FCNS) that might fit the bill. But then again, it's only 4 rounds (internal) whereas the CZ has a 5 rd. detachable mag.

The Savage FCNS guns are detachable box magazines.
There exist 9-round magazines for the .308s. I don't know about 7.62x39.

I believe pullman arms in Worcester has one. Saw it on there website, not sure if its still available

>>The only thing I like better about the savage is it has a 22" barrel vs the CZ 16" barrel.<<

CZ barrel is actually 18.5".

>>The only thing I like better about the savage is it has a 22" barrel vs the CZ 16" barrel.<<

CZ barrel is actually 18.5".

i doubt 22" barrel will have much advantage velocity-vise for 7.62x39 over 18"
round was designed for 16" rifles. unless you reload your own ammo and can tweak powder charge to a specific barrel length.

Not to distract you folks but, Remington did a 7.62 x 39 bolt gun. If memory serves the "mini Mauser" was a model 799.

I have been trying to buy one of these, since wifey said I could buy one for my birthday, which was last may!
Put myself on several wish lists. Last Monday, Dec. 15, received an email that they were available. Since I cannot go to "Weapons" filtered websites at work, I left work early, hit the "buy it" button and made my purchase at noon. Went back at 3PM and they were out of stock!

Extremely popular in Eastern Europe for hunting, and like trying to find a white whale, here in the US. Bottom line, UPS says it will arrive at my FFL this coming Friday! A great Christmas present to wifey and I! While I was still on cloud nine, my neighbor decided he wanted to trade something for a few guns I had, I accepted and now have a Colt Python, Stainless, in pristine condition! 2012 has be very good to me.

python.jpg

Will post pix and target shots, once I get the CZ 527 Carbine.
Happy New Year everyone!
Chuck

Back
Top Bottom