CZ 527 in 7.62x39

>>I believe Pullman arms in Worcester has one. Saw it on there website, not sure if its still available<<

KP... thanks again for the tip. I bought it from them today and it's on its way to NH! :)

The CZ scope mounting dovetails (or whatever they are called) on the gun are not spaced the same as most American rifles. I forget what the spacing is but you need to get rings that are made for that dovetail spacing.

Also you'll need pretty high rings to clear the bolt action lever.

What is the problem with the scope rings?

excellent Exodious! let me know how that baby works [smile] heck if you are a member of the lee sportsmans club id like to see it in action [wink]

I am, you can give it a whirl sometime if you like [smile]

I'm probably just going to shoot the cheap stuff through this so I dunno what the accuracy will be like, but I'm generally satisfied with "minute of badguy" anyway [wink]

Yep I picked it up today. Great looking gun! Too bad it only comes with 1 mag. Been looking online, extra mags seem to be out of stock everywhere and they're ~$40.

The guys at Collectors Firearms & Militeria in Pelham were great to deal with.

ARGHHH it won't let me place the order because the NH shop says they can't sell firearms in MA... it's not a firearm!

OK well I ordered it "through" my local shop and it let me place it that way. A few bucks more per mag but at least I'll get them. I guess the Davidson's system doesn't differentiate between firearms and non-firearms. I have to go pick them up at the shop.

OK well I ordered it "through" my local shop and it let me place it that way. A few bucks more per mag but at least I'll get them. I guess the Davidson's system doesn't differentiate between firearms and non-firearms. I have to go pick them up at the shop.

Well, glad you got the gun and the mags on the way.

That thing is a real sweety. Very pretty.:)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Somene mentioned the Remington 799 earlier in this thread,if you see one run away. I purchased a used 799 from KTP horrible trigger and to top things off the extracor broke and there are no replacement parts.
Kittery took the rifle back and I have a CZ 527 on order with them. Gunbroker has mags for 7.62x39 527 and rings as well but be forewarned they ain't cheap.

Somene mentioned the Remington 799 earlier in this thread,if you see one run away. I purchased a used 799 from KTP horrible trigger and to top things off the extracor broke and there are no replacement parts.
Kittery took the rifle back and I have a CZ 527 on order with them. Gunbroker has mags for 7.62x39 527 and rings as well but be forewarned they ain't cheap.

The trigger on the 527 is amazing. I don't think I'll even mess with it. It's decent when unset, and when set it's unreal -- super light.

So I bought a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 scope for it, and some Warne medium rings. The shape of the bolt handle makes it not able to cycle, argh! I don't need too much more clearance, so I ordered the high rings. Hopefully that will fix it. The price was right so I ordered a leather cheek rest too which should provide a quick and comfortable cheek weld.

Just an FYI to anyone considering one of these, you really gotta watch that bolt clearance.

I went with the CZ rings, as they were specific to this particular gun. Yes, they're a bit high and the cheek weld isn't optimum, but it's not all that bad either. I just ordered a QD cheekpad (velcro mount) that should make it just right. What I'm not going to do is to "turn" the bolt just so I can use lower rings.

527_zpsb140cca0.jpg

pad_zpsf35e506b.jpg

Last edited:
I went with the CZ rings, as they were specific to this particular gun. Yes, they're a bit high and the cheek weld isn't optimum, but it's not all that bad either. I just ordered a QD cheekpad (velcro mount) that should make it just right. What I'm not going to do is to "turn" the bolt just so I can use lower rings.

That looks like exactly what I have. I'm using the Warne CZ 527 specific rings. The high rings are 0.110" higher, I'm hoping that will be enough. It looked to me like it only needed a little more clearance to work.

The Warne CZ 527 high rings work just fine with the Redfield 2-7x33 scope. Woot! And the leather lace on cheek rest I bought gives me a really good cheek weld too. I can bring the gun up and be right on. I need to do a better job lacing it up though...

Finally got to shoot my new CZ 527 Carbine 7.62x39

Bought the Redfield scope recommended by exodious, and added the picatinny rail adapater from CZUSA - actually went out to try and sight in the scope (damned cold and it showed in my first two shots as I was zeroing in).
These are from 50yds, will go to the 100 when it warms up. Tula 124 gr FMJ

IMG_0015.jpg IMG_0017.JPG IMG_0018.JPG

Cool! I'd like to get some match grade ammo to try someday, but it shoots well enough with the regular steel ammo to take anything with between 2 and 4 legs out to at least 300y [wink]

>>I believe Pullman arms in Worcester has one. Saw it on there website, not sure if its still available<<

KP... thanks again for the tip. I bought it from them today and it's on its way to NH! :)

great, glad it worked out

First post! I was searching for an available 527 Carbine in 7.62 for an acquaintance on another forum and came across this thread and decided to join to shed a little light on another option for mounting a scope on this rifle.

I recently got a CZ527 in 7.62. Absolutely love it! Compact, light weight, great quality with an excellent single set trigger. The rifle shoots cheap surplus pretty well too. I recently shot some cheap FMJ thru it without adjusting the scope from the Federal hunting loads I sighted in for...It was actually spot on and my friend and I managed several 1"+/-, 5 shot groups at 50 yards with it. Unscoped, I was able to manage 3"+/- groups with the cheap stuff.

If you get one, and plan to scope it, keep in mind that you will be limited to high rings because of the bolt handle clearance. I upgraded my handle (pictured) to a Calhoon re-contoured handle (swap your original +$44), and was able to mount a Redfield Revolution 3-9x40 in Warne medium height QR rings with plenty of clearance.

These are hard to find currently, and have been for several months
cz527_01.jpg

cz527_02.jpg

original handle (didn't clear scope):
cz527_03.jpg

Calhoon handle:
CZ527_Calhoonbolt_1.jpg

CZ527_boltthrow.jpg

DW

Back
Top Bottom