CZ 527 in 7.62x39

I have a CZ527 Varmint in .223 Rem with the laminated stock. As someone mentioned, the scope rings are bit of a pain, but not insurmountable. Make sure your scope will be high enough so that it does not interfere with the bolt. I am on my 3rd set of rings.

My only gripe about the rifle is the lack of smoothness when stripping a round from the magazine. I usually have to use my thumb to "forward assist" the bolt, but have gotten used to it. It is a magazine issue, not the action. Load a single round at a time and the action is smooth as glass. The factory trigger is just freakin' awesome! It is fully adjustable with a set trigger (that can be removed if you want).

One thing to be careful for... twist rate varies by model. Make sure you get what you expect. For the longest time I though I had a 1:12 twist. Recently I found out the Varmint model has a 1:9 twist. Go figure.

Here's is some handywork from my CZ...

100.png

Sorry, guys... I didn't realize this thread was so old. Hopefully this is good info for someone. Ed

Last edited:
Has anyone been following the price of the "527" on Gunbroker of late. Those in 7.62x39 are topping $1,000 right now! Glad I bought mine when I did! :)

I found one for $635 including shipping, some guy in Georgia had a small stock of them, but after the transfer fee it came to $675 :-(

Extra magazines all seem to be $40+ unfortunately.

I found one for $635 including shipping, some guy in Georgia had a small stock of them, but after the transfer fee it came to $675 :-(

Extra magazines all seem to be $40+ unfortunately.

That's not a bad price all things considered. Yeah the mags are not cheap and can be hard to come by.

beautiful rifle. i hate you.

Ha Ha! Thanks for the compliment and warm welcome!

That's not a bad price all things considered. Yeah the mags are not cheap and can be hard to come by.

$635 is a really good price, even $675 after fees is pretty good, I think. Most shops in my area told me if they had or could get one, the price would be $700 plus tax. Best quote I got locally would have been about $715 after taxes & fees...again, if the guy could have gotten one.

I found mine by posting a bunch of WTB ads on various sites I am also a member of...got a few leads on used ones and 1 lead on 2 new ones from a little shop in KY. The owner got 2 and ended up keeping one, I bought the other for $650 shipped. After fees I had $675 tied up in the rifle.

I have been lusting after this rifle for the better part of 10 years, but couldn't justify the cost. I ended up selling my 357 mag. Ruger Redhawk and made a nice chunk, so the CZ527 Carbine in 7.62 became justifiable!

DW

It looks to me like you can have FS order one of these for you for 6 hundy and change. I just noticed their "online store" and it seems to me like you can just get one through them for a reasonable price.

It looks to me like you can have FS order one of these for you for 6 hundy and change. I just noticed their "online store" and it seems to me like you can just get one through them for a reasonable price.

What's "FS"?

I'm sure you could order (backorder) one, but like everyone else, you have to wait for the next shipment. None are available through distributers. CZ-USA has them backordered.

DW

What's "FS"?

I'm sure you could order (backorder) one, but like everyone else, you have to wait for the next shipment. None are available through distributers. CZ-USA has them backordered.

DW

Gotcha. Yea, that sucks, though still much better than paying a thousand bucks.

None are available through distributers. CZ-USA has them backordered.

I've had one of these on my watch list at Davidsons for a few months.
I've received alerts twice in the last few weeks that they had them back in stock, but they must literally sell out in minutes, because both times I tried ordering after getting alerted, they were again showing out of stock. [sad2]

I've had one of these on my watch list at Davidsons for a few months.
I've received alerts twice in the last few weeks that they had them back in stock, but they must literally sell out in minutes, because both times I tried ordering after getting alerted, they were again showing out of stock. [sad2]

Sounds like they come in at a trickle and the rifles that are already back ordered from dealers get filled first.

When I talked to CZ, they said they were back ordered and weren't sure when they would get more. Of course, as much as I like CZ, you will get 5 different answers from talking to 5 different reps. So who really knows!

DW

I don't believe it..... a slightly used one just sold on Gunbroker for $1358.00!!! YIKES!!!

I don't believe it..... a slightly used one just sold on Gunbroker for $1358.00!!! YIKES!!!

I don't see that one at all. The last one I see that topped $1000 ended in late Feb. and it was N.I.B. Sure it was on GB?

DW

I just discovered the set trigger on mine. It is amazing, it's almost like you just need to think about pulling the trigger to fire it.

How long have you had it to just discover the set trigger? That is one of the big selling points of CZ centerfire rifles.

DW

Only got it last month, so haven't had much time to try it.

I have the CZ 455 22lr which doesn't have a set trigger, although the stock trigger is pretty good, so I kind of forgot that it was an option on their rifles.

How long have you had it to just discover the set trigger? That is one of the big selling points of CZ centerfire rifles.

DW

I'm new here so forgive me if you must, but this thread is about the 527...not 455. Also, while some 455's are available with a STT, it's different mechanically than the 453, 527 & 550 SST's.

I am glad you are enjoying your 455, but I think it would be better to keep this thread related to the 527 in 7.62...which it started it's life as and was limited to, until your post.

Thanks,
DW

Back
Top Bottom