• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Current C&R Processing Time Post Shutdown

HorizontalHunter

NES Member
I applied for my C&R just after the shutdown and received it 4 weeks to the day from the the day I mailed it.

2/4/2019 Mailed
2/12/2019 Check Cashed
3/1/2019 License Printed
2/4/2019 Received License

Now if I could just find my wallet. :D

Bob

I've been wanting to get my c&r for a while, when you mailed a copy to the chief of police did they contact you or anything? I always wondered if anyone has had someone hassle them over it

I've been wanting to get my c&r for a while, when you mailed a copy to the chief of police did they contact you or anything? I always wondered if anyone has had someone hassle them over it

Not a peep. They don’t have any input on the license. It is just a notification.

It used the suggested form letter on GarandGear.

http://www.garandgear.com/media/tutorials/CnR_Renew_Clean.doc

I was surprised that all I got in the mail is the license. I expected a packet of some sort but it is all on line anyway.

Bob

I sent a change of address the Friday after the shutdown ended. Haven't heard a peep from BATFE since. My guess is that it will take another month or so.

Info packets were always sent from a publication center and thus were not sent with the license, usually weeks later assuming that they still do that.

I sent a change of address the Friday after the shutdown ended. Haven't heard a peep from BATFE since. My guess is that it will take another month or so.

Info packets were always sent from a publication center and thus were not sent with the license, usually weeks later assuming that they still do that.

I got the information packs in two shipments months later and months apart.

Thank you both for the info. I will look forward to the packet.

I was surprised st the quick turnaround.

Bob

Did mine early/mid Dec. Cashed check the 28th of Dec. Got my lic right around "expiration" on 1/31. I think a few days later. For a government shutdown, it was FAIRLY swift (2 months-ish?), but it shouldn't take more than a day to turn it around. It's a RENEWAL for crying out loud.

took just about a month. check cashed feb 5th and got the lic yesterday 3/4 this was a new lic. (held one in the past but let it lapse. )

Back
Top Bottom