Current AR to SBR Conversion

ATF is going to ask for proof that you purchased the lower prior to the Healy date. Anecdotally they have been doing this for a short wile and will only approve a AR SBR if the lower is owned prior to the Healy date.

Remember to include a copy of both sides of your LTC with your form 1 app. They won't approve it without a LTC copy.

ATF is going to ask for proof that you purchased the lower prior to the Healy date. Anecdotally they have been doing this for a short wile and will only approve a AR SBR if the lower is owned prior to the Healy date.

Remember to include a copy of both sides of your LTC with your form 1 app. They won't approve it without a LTC copy.

Good to know. I'll include a double sided LTC pic with proof of pre 7/20 when they contact me.

My thought is that he could build an SBR on a new lower and avoid the entire AWB and register that rather than use the pre ban lower.
I would do that, but my understanding was that only pre-7/20 lowers could be used for NFA stuff, which didn't entirely make sense to me. Hesitation and lack of knowledge there makes it seem pre lower would be the way to go if I wanted to SBR. If I can do it the other way I wouldn't mind that.

I would do that, but my understanding was that only pre-7/20 lowers could be used for NFA stuff, which didn't entirely make sense to me. Hesitation and lack of knowledge there makes it seem pre lower would be the way to go if I wanted to SBR. If I can do it the other way I wouldn't mind that.

Can anyone confirm that this has happened to them? Given that an sbr is not an aw I have a difficult time understanding why they would care.

Back
Top Bottom