CT governor wants "grandfather clause" eliminated and existing "assault weapons" confiscated

What's with all the purse swinging in here, ladies? How does a thread about Lamont being a douche nugget tyrant trigger the lot of you? Lol

Looks like the estimated quarter million Connecticut AR owners [aka gun felons] who chose not to "register" their toys with the state police knew registration leads to eventual confiscation.

Wonder what happens to those people who thought they were so smart and bought a "CT Other AOW" after the ban haha

shes an opputunist, which makes her just as dangerous as the rest. Also unpredictable in the worst of ways.

I don't disagree. Opportunists aren't True Believers.

She is, I think, able to admit to herself that the opportunity to "pass sweeping gun restrictions" is not presently available to her.

NY's actions have already shown that theres clearly no central leadership among moonbats with gun control. The DNC has always courted antis as pawns but rarely if ever takes any real risks for them. They only care about antis at all because they wanted to lock up UrbanBullshit type district votes.
How do you know that crazy woman Hochul isn't doing exactly what the leftist Dim billionaire power brokers are wanting her to do? 🤔

How do you know that crazy woman Hochul isn't doing exactly what the leftist Dim billionaire power brokers are wanting her to do? 🤔
Because it's a pretty dumb strategy. Let's pretend for a moment that I'm sitting on the other side do I really want to set up my "cause" to being punched in the dick by a federal court? If those people actually cared about getting their gun control they would have probably been paying a bunch of attorneys and such to try to craftily design low grade but sufficiently annoying gun control that would still escape the purview of things like Bruen. Instead the anti pols are basically acting approximately like "a 3-year-old that needs to take a piss and a s*** at the same time" would probably act.... and just learned how to use the toilet..... and the end result is most likely piss covered walls and shit on the floor. 🤣

Massachusetts people think there is no life west of newton until you get to the left coast. No life south of MV, and no life north of Merrimack unless you’re on the Maine coast, or perhaps skiing in Vt.
I would substitute "people" for "liberals". The funny part is many posters from NH and Maine like to blame migrating mAss liberals for their own problems. True mAss liberals would not stoop so low (in their minds) to live in close proximity to the hicks up north. The liberal problems in Maine and NH are home grown.

Because it's a pretty dumb strategy. Let's pretend for a moment that I'm sitting on the other side do I really want to set up my "cause" to being punched in the dick by a federal court? If those people actually cared about getting their gun control they would have probably been paying a bunch of attorneys and such to try to craftily design low grade but sufficiently annoying gun control that would still escape the purview of things like Bruen. Instead the anti pols are basically acting approximately like "a 3-year-old that needs to take a piss and a s*** at the same time" would probably act.... and just learned how to use the toilet..... and the end result is most likely piss covered walls and shit on the floor. 🤣
You make the assumption that the leftist Dim billionaire power brokers (Soros, BloomingTurd, et al) are moderate, sane and reasonable people. [laugh]

On the contrary, it's easy for me to imagine them thinking let's go full batshit crazy "FR" on this and see what it gets us. [party]

You make the assumption that the leftist Dim billionaire power brokers (Soros, BloomingTurd, et al) are moderate, sane and reasonable people. [laugh]
Contrary to popular belief, I don't think any of those guys are actually immediately involved in these current arm flapping things... because it's much too disorganized chaotic and dangerous for them. That's not exactly the hallmark of even Bloomberg's shit. A lot of what s*** bird was doing involved going around the edges and going for end around attacks on gun rights not straight through the front door...... I mean I get that at some juncture those people are pretty desperate.... but this isn't even like a "Hail Mary pass attempt" it's just a full-blown, full retard temper tantrum.... I think the central gun control planners have actually lost control of their minions. And that's fine by me because I think it's going to pay off very well for us in the end. 😀

Yup, you are right, sometimes I think gun owners look for ways to be miserable.

As for CT…….

I remember back in 78 when I first moved from CT to MA, I was barely 20 years old and only owned a few .22 rifles. They had big signs at the MA state line reading “One Year Minimum Jail Sentence for Unregistered Firearm” or words to that effect.

My father who was helping me move freaked out and headed straight to the local MA PD. The local PD stored my guns at the station while I applied for my FID card which came in a few weeks and I got my guns back.

Back then CT had very unrestrictive gun laws. All the talk was how strict MA gun laws were. Then the Kennedy’s faded away, and Sandy Hook happened and it morphed into something I thought I would never see. And that is CT being a worse place for gun ownership that MA.
CT used to be a good state, no income tax until 1991. Then somewhere in the mid 90s it all went to trash. Highest gas tax and gas prices. What hasn't changed is the high taxes people pay and the lack of services. Outside of major cities most towns have to rely on the state police for 911 coverage who are super understaffed. Also CT state police are slowly phasing out the SIG P220 in favor of the Glock 21. Not that it matters much but they are the only New England state police agency not carrying a New England made firearm now l.

Paramedic level care also isn't as readily available.

Open carry is legal in CT with a permit. I view open carry as a way not to obsess about not printing.

On a side note. I've said this before but it baffles me once I get up to NJ it all sucks. NJ, NY,CT, MA and RI I literally can't legally carry my legally owned firearm on my person it it annoys me.. but the advantage is I know very well where not to go up here very well.

I believe that there are about 80,000 “assault rifles “ registered in CT…..so they know where they are. Create 80,000 felons with the stroke of a pen.
Registration leads to confiscation.

Never, ever forget. 75 million people were slaughtered by the same kinds of people who want to disarm Americans today.

Do CT police have an association or union? If so, what do they have to say about this? Are all the police chiefs in CT supporting this idea?

“I think those assault-style weapons that are grandfathered should not be grandfathered, they should not be allowed in the state of Connecticut,” Lamont said. “I think they’re killers and we found out they’re cop killers. I think they’re dangerous in our community.

Yet he ignores the all the murders via pistol, knife, or viscous beating that take place within a few miles of his gated and guarded home. Shit there was a shooting in wealthy West Hartford that started at the University of St Joseph’s and ended in a roll over crash at the end of his street the other night. Surprise surprise a pistol was used. MSP shut down the pike in Blandford the day after because they found the shooters vehicle abandoned.

Very hard to argue that the guns are unusually dangerous when other than one unicorn event they don't really show up in crime.

Exactly. In the 10 years I’ve worked in Hartford I’ve responded to probably about 75 or more shootings, easily 30+ have been fatal. I can count on one hand the amount of times an “assault weapon” was used. A small city of about 100k people, that regularly has 30-35 murders a year.

You know you are absolutely correct, I apologize for hijacking the thread like that with Ma**h*** issues.
Yet he ignores the all the murders via pistol, knife, or viscous beating that take place within a few miles of his gated and guarded home. Shit there was a shooting in wealthy West Hartford that started at the University of St Joseph’s and ended in a roll over crash at the end of his street the other night. Surprise surprise a pistol was used. MSP shut down the pike in Blandford the day after because they found the shooters vehicle abandoned.

Exactly. In the 10 years I’ve worked in Hartford I’ve responded to probably about 75 or more shootings, easily 30+ have been fatal. I can count on one hand the amount of times an “assault weapon” was used. A small city of about 100k people, that regularly has 30-35 murders a year.
I was in Blanford on the pike. Have never seen so many heavily-armed state police officers in my life. Drones, swat, dogs, armored tactical guys, armored vehicles. Insane.

And this governor shooting his mouth off is the reason why 90% of the people in Connecticut were smart enough to not register their AR's.
They are taking a big chance. A single 911 call from a pissed-off family member and their lives will be forever changed. Happened to some hospital executive here in MA earlier this year, when his own daughter ratted him out. He was charged with multiple felonies, LTC revoked, his whole expensive gun collection confiscated and lost his high salary job.

They are taking a big chance. A single 911 call from a pissed-off family member and their lives will be forever changed. Happened to some hospital executive here in MA earlier this year, when his own daughter ratted him out. He was charged with multiple felonies, LTC revoked, his whole expensive gun collection confiscated and lost his high salary job.
Don't piss off family members!

An Army buddy who is a Republican Selectman in a small town in CT says their problem is politicians can run in four large cities, and if they win those, they can ignore the rest of the state.

MA may be similar in that despite significant R-leaning areas in central, western and SW MA, if a politician wins Metro Boston, they’re in.

One day these people will realize that compliance is voluntary. ///
Many people we know in Boston own guns, think it’s no one’s business but their own, and think it’s insanity to pay the state for a permit to own something. They just get on with their lives.

That’s how it works - they have no means to all at once come after a quarter million people with unregistered firearms, so they come after people with unregistered firearms one at a time. Odds are in your favor. The downside is you can’t take your guns to the club shooting. Although most so-called AWs probably get shot very infrequently, it‘s the principle of the ban, of course.

I was talking with a CompSci kid who works for a company that contracts to NY State Saturday while in Utica - the new chip plants are drawing a lot of talent to the region. They data mine social media for the Fish & Game department - 90%+ of their busts are people posting illegal activity. Of those quarter million in CT with unregistered guns, I’d bet many outed themselves online over the last decade. That’s how they can come after people one at a time.

But the CA models shows it takes $100s of million annually to even monitor and collect guns from revoked permit cases. Nobody wants to pay for that - even when following through on annual updates on Univeral Background Checks. There are 10s of thousands of newly minted felons in possession (or otherwise Prohibited Persons) in CA that were sent letters to surrender their guns that the state cannot follow up on, with the list growing rapidly.

An Army buddy who is a Republican Selectman in a small town in CT says their problem is politicians can run in four large cities, and if they win those, they can ignore the rest of the state.

MA may be similar in that despite significant R-leaning areas in central, western and SW MA, if a politician wins Metro Boston, they’re in.

Every state works like that. The only ones that end up in Red hands are the ones with few and/or underpopulated cities. But urbanites will always skew D. So it's a systemic problem in all the states.

It'd be a problem in the entire country, too, if the Founders hadn't had the foresight to figure out the Electoral College.

They're for whatever keeps their pension and paycheck in good shape.
Well, up to what some people say is the ultimate sacrifice, and at that point, the paycheck is no longer in "good shape" for them.

They will because they are always exempt from whatever they come up with.
They would not be exempt from doing the governor's dirty work.

This is where some corrections need to happen. They need to motivate voters in these areas.

Many people we know in Boston own guns, think it’s no one’s business but their own, and think it’s insanity to pay the state for a permit to own something. They just get on with their lives.
Just had that conversation with someone Friday. They asked if their permit has expired, is it OK to drive somewhere with a box of guns as long as it is all in a locked up box. I told him he should not be talking about this stuff and should renew his permit for his rights.

Just had that conversation with someone Friday. They asked if their permit has expired, is it OK to drive somewhere with a box of guns as long as it is all in a locked up box. I told him he should not be talking about this stuff and should renew his permit for his rights.

If he's driving to my house, I'll give him tree-fiddy for the whole box...

Deval Patrick had little experience with government when he got in office. As a result, he really didn't know how to work the legislature and the first couple years of his term he was pretty much adrift with the legislature setting the agenda. I think Maura has more experience in government and is more of a hard-core anti. I worry that she will be more effective than Deval. Time will tell.

Linksy might prove to be our best, unwilling ally if he can get one of his bills untempered by reason across her desk for signature.
Would she sign it and set in motion the collapse of the Mass antigun scheme
Or would she refuse and invite the wrath of the moonbats

I think Maura is more of a hard-core anti but she's also a pragmatist and knows what could happen if she signs a ridiculous piece of legislation. I do believe she learned a lesson from her 2016, that she can make a lot of noise and foul up gun owners to a point, but also knows when to back off before it blows up in her face. She's going to be Governor for as long as she chooses to remain in office, it's not like she need gun control to help her win elections

Back
Top Bottom