CT governor wants "grandfather clause" eliminated and existing "assault weapons" confiscated

You specifically made this about ME. That's what "ad hominem" means. "To the man" - it makes it personal...

...which is exactly what I'm criticizing about the response from the MA-people here. We're not discussing you or your state, at all. We're discussing Connecticut. And my criticism is that, time and again, I've seen this CliffClavenism about, well, anything... from politics to guns to, um, mountain biking. I spent just shy of four years at college in Worcester, and eighteen years as a member of a certain MTB advocacy organization. It's ALL. ABOUT. BOSTON. And people who just LUUUUV Boston simply cannot see it. I guess it's like being really stinky. You can no longer smell yourself, so it simply doesn't phase you any longer.
I commented and gave my opinion in an open discussion, it was about your post but not you personally, I don't have any hate or love for you, hate to break it you, if your that butthurt over my alien joke then I apologize, how about that?

All in all Boston sucks, Massachusetts sucks and before I forget, Connecticut sucks too.

And people who just LUUUUV Boston simply cannot see it. I guess it's like being really stinky. You can no longer smell yourself, so it simply doesn't phase you any longer.
I've worked in Boston on and off for the past 30 years. I had a five year or so stretch working outside 128, then went back to the morass. For a couple years I commuted by train to South Station, then walked through Boston to Charlestown or sometimes to the aquarium and took a water taxi.

The smell of Boston is urine and feces. At least on foot. After a couple weeks I didn't notice it anymore. I switched to driving because the commute was way too long. Now I commute by fiber and definitely don't smell Boston anymore.

I mean, this is the second time you've brought it up, and I let it go the first time, but check out the title of that nuke thread: it's called "Getting Out Of Boston During a Nuclear Attack."

So... why would people NOT be posting about Boston there?

More to the point, how do you know what's in that thread? You clearly went there and read it, despite the fact that you profess not to care a whit about Boston. Worse: you even mock people who do care about Boston.

And yet, you went there to... care about Boston? Maybe?

You comparing this thread to that one is unwise. They're predicated on two completely opposite propositions, in terms of what you're currently whining about here.
(Sigh.) Goddamn, @Picton but you're Jesuitical.

Have YOU read it? I went there out of a sense of amusement, to be honest, which you might derive from my posts.

But, once again, ain't about me. Ain't about Massatwoshits. IS about Connecticut, Nerd Lamont, and Tong the Tool, and what they have in mind. And THAT'S THE POINT.

I didn’t read much of the pant shitting that I am sure is going on here. But I’ll say what I think some well informed senior members would say about this.

They are not going door to door to confiscate shit. That would take too much effort.

They will bank on citizens not wanting to take a risk of being in possession and found with that criminal liability and disposing of those guns themselves.

Remember you need to be lucky every day to not be caught, they only need to be lucky once to catch you.

Last edited:
I didn’t read much of the pant shitting that I am sure is going on here. But I’ll say what I think some well informed senior members would say about this.

They are not going door to door to confiscate shit. That would take too much effort.

They will bank on citizens not wanting to take a risk of being possession and found with that criminal liability and disposing of those guns themselves.

Remember you need to be lucky every day to not be caught, they only need to be lucky once to catch you.
...and that makes it better... how?

THIS SHIT HAS TO STOP. Preferably with Donks and RINOs ON FIRE. Literally. Screaming in PAIN.

I believe that there are about 80,000 “assault rifles “ registered in CT…..so they know where they are. Create 80,000 felons with the stroke of a pen.

There’s over a quarter million unregistered AWs in the wild in CT - probably many more. They fooled about 1 in 5 but the other 4 in 5 just got confirmation to lay low.

Three years ago, the Connecticut legislature estimated there were 372,000 rifles in the state of the sort that might be classified as "assault weapons," and two million plus high-capacity magazines. Many more have been sold in the gun-buying boom since then. But by the close of registration at the end of 2013, state officials received around 50,000 applications for "assault weapon" registrations, and 38,000 applications for magazines.

The name of the forum is "NEWENGLANDshooters" - and the thread was specified as pertaining to Connecticut, and as it involves firearms and firearms law, posted to General Discussion, as is proper.

You parochial Massatwoshits people MAY consider yourselves the "Hub of New England" - but the rest of us beg to differ.
Actually it’s “Northeast Shooters”.

Honestly if you want something to actually get concerned about, start thinking revenue grabs long before gun grabs
100% agree. Tell me how the state reports a $5 BILLION surplus while there's shitloads of welfare, pay-raises for all state employees during the scamdemic, and nonstop failure construction projects, etc?? It's because of all the massive cashola they're raking in. And all of your hard work is being pissed away.

I would think RI would try to sort their finances out before gun grabbing nonsense, isn't certain towns like Central Falls so bankrupt they cant fund a police or fire department?
I actually have no idea
I grew up in CT and moved to Massachusetts for job prosepcts. They both suck

Hey All....
Checking in from Massachusetts.
Sorry, didn't get the chance to read the whole thread, but I was wondering how these potential changes in Connecticut might affect us here in Massachusetts. ( I'm about an hour from the Connecticut border, in Massachusetts.)

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

There’s over a quarter million unregistered AWs in the wild in CT - probably many more. They fooled about 1 in 5 but the other 4 in 5 just got confirmation to lay low.

Three years ago, the Connecticut legislature estimated there were 372,000 rifles in the state of the sort that might be classified as "assault weapons," and two million plus high-capacity magazines. Many more have been sold in the gun-buying boom since then. But by the close of registration at the end of 2013, state officials received around 50,000 applications for "assault weapon" registrations, and 38,000 applications for magazines.

So the real number is two million possible “assault weapons” and four million “high capacity” magazines, if not more.

The best anybody could hope for in ANY state where the dems start pushing this crap is that they get beat with a baseball bat (or hammer [smile]) by some junkie. It takes the firearm out of the equation and shows that not even politicians are safe from crime and they want to take away OUR self defense?

The best anybody could hope for in ANY state where the dems start pushing this crap is that they get beat with a baseball bat (or hammer [smile]) by some junkie. It takes the firearm out of the equation and shows that not even politicians are safe from crime and they want to take away OUR self defense?
Secret Service and US Marshals Service firearms will outreach a baseball bat, other blunt instrument or edged weapons quite handily. Don't worry, our bloated bureaucrats are well protected by heavily armed men and women willing to do violence on their behalf. The only real threat is us licensed, law-abiding, hard-working taxpayers who exercise our Second Amendment rights.

Gun grabbing politicians NEVER give any thought to any of us regarding self defense, they don't give two shits about us.

But rest assured they are well protected by guns though, they just have other people ready to use them and are above any prosecution if they need to use them to defend their livelihood

Pence didn't have one but he had no problems with that piece of shit that shot that woman because he was under "Threat"

Methinks drgrant is whistling as he walks past the graveyard of promised new anti-2A laws specifically intended to plug all remaining holes in existing law. Only two kinds of people should be happy about the new proposed laws being tossed around: 1) Criminals, and 2) Those who have already moved out of state or intend to do so shortly.
3. those of us who simply don't care anymore. (And fwiw, it's not that I'm happy about any of that shit, it's just that i think it's mostly noise to scare wobblies out of buying guns).

There are bigger issues in play now than gun "law" fever dreams backed up by virtue signaling braying horse noises. Like money grabs in the form of gas tax, toll hikes and other fleecing.....

I've been annoyed since 2016 that I couldn't bet against the pant s******* crew... I'd be up like at least 6,000 bucks over mauras AWB alone. (That nobody would get prosecuted using her edict). If I kept doubling down/parlaying on my winnings I could probably could have a healthy retirement account built up....

I believe that there are about 80,000 “assault rifles “ registered in CT…..so they know where they are. Create 80,000 felons with the stroke of a pen.
There are a hell of a lot more than 80,000 "assault rifles" in CT. The smart people did not take advantage of the fine registration service offered by the state. Then there is the fine "other". 12" barrel, pistol brace, vertical fore grip. Not an assault rifle and a perfect FU to the existing bullshit law.

From the article:
New Haven University Associate Professor Michael Lawlor, a former criminal justice advisor to then-Gov. Dannel Malloy, argued Wednesday that the state could adopt a law making a previously legal product illegal.

However, Lawlor said an absolute ban was not seriously considered in part because it would have been difficult to pass.

“This grandfather clause, in every case, was a compromise with people who were objecting to the new law,” Lawlor said. “The argument that was persuasive to some people was, ‘They legally acquired these things and now you’re going to outlaw them. Isn’t that confiscating property without compensation?’ It’s not, but that’s what they were arguing.”

I have a couple of ARs declared in CT. I bought them when they said they were going to pass this law. If they hadn't passed the law, I would have stuck with my .22 rifles, my revolvers and a 1911.

9 years later, I still have those AR's. Since I moved to GA, I acquired a "couple" more.

Lamont can kiss my ass.

Mr Law Professor fail his constitutional law class? We know none of the gun grabbers can read the 2nd amendment, but in this case he needs to go re-read the 5th amendment.

There are a hell of a lot more than 80,000 "assault rifles" in CT. The smart people did not take advantage of the fine registration service offered by the state. Then there is the fine "other". 12" barrel, pistol brace, vertical fore grip. Not an assault rifle and a perfect FU to the existing bullshit law.

Mr Law Professor fail his constitutional law class? We know none of the gun grabbers can read the 2nd amendment, but in this case he needs to go re-read the 5th amendment.
Probably even more than that in NY state. Sure, some rural NY sheriffs instructed their deputies to not arrest gun owners in possession of these so-called "assault weapons", but there are a hell of a lot of police agencies in NY, especially NYC Police and NY state troopers who would be salivating at the chance to bust an honest, law-abiding gun owner on such a felony charge. It is only a matter of who gets caught by what cop or deputy sheriff.

Guess I’m in the minority here, but it’s game over for AWBs. Whether it takes two year or 5 years for a ruling to affect MA, the bottom line is that these laws are not constitutional.
Heller, McDonald and Bruen are now solid Supreme Court decision. MA had to get in its last licks. Just renewed license and found two suicide hotline numbers printed in small letters on the back. Quite an insult to our intelligence!

Back
Top Bottom