CT governor wants "grandfather clause" eliminated and existing "assault weapons" confiscated

F*** this guy.

Yup the firearms are what walked up to the cops and shot them... Not the criminal. lol literally smh.

“I think those assault-style weapons that are grandfathered should not be grandfathered, they should not be allowed in the state of Connecticut,” Lamont said. “I think they’re killers and we found out they’re cop killers. I think they’re dangerous in our community.

Michael Lawlor is a f'n idiot too.

“This grandfather clause, in every case, was a compromise with people who were objecting to the new law,” Lawlor said. “The argument that was persuasive to some people was, ‘They legally acquired these things and now you’re going to outlaw them. Isn’t that confiscating property without compensation?’ It’s not, but that’s what they were arguing.”

What a bunch of simp cucks.

Selling out our future generation's freedoms for a little false peace now.
Wow, the founders of this country forgot all about that thought process when it comes to politicians and tyrants.[rofl2]

We are going to need a bigger boat for this one![smile]

What are the magic powers that maura has that make her different from the last half dozen or so shitty governors we had? (btw, some of them were 90% grade moonbats, like Deval Patrick)

Hint: "cuz she hates guns.... a lot" isnt a magic power.

Honestly if you want something to actually get concerned about, start thinking revenue grabs long before gun grabs
Deval Patrick had little experience with government when he got in office. As a result, he really didn't know how to work the legislature and the first couple years of his term he was pretty much adrift with the legislature setting the agenda. I think Maura has more experience in government and is more of a hard-core anti. I worry that she will be more effective than Deval. Time will tell.

Guess I’m in the minority here, but it’s game over for AWBs. Whether it takes two year or 5 years for a ruling to affect MA, the bottom line is that these laws are not constitutional.
The problem is that crazy leftist DimocRATS in crazy leftist DimocRAT-controlled states have a funny way of ignoring SCOTUS decisions that they don't like and getting away with it. They are also masters of misinterpretation, reinterpretation, reimaginging (à la Dimples), finding legal technicalities and applying leftist law-making creativity to thwart the intent of SCOTUS. :confused:

Deval Patrick had little experience with government when he got in office. As a result, he really didn't know how to work the legislature and the first couple years of his term he was pretty much adrift with the legislature setting the agenda. I think Maura has more experience in government and is more of a hard-core anti. I worry that she will be more effective than Deval. Time will tell.
Cadillac Deval was just in it for Cadillac Deval. It was a plaything for him... a status symbol of sorts... and, he hoped, a stepping stone to something greater with his bosom-buddy brother, Barack.

I don't see Maura as having more direct experience with law-making or working with the Legislature than Cadillac Deval. I'm not even sure that she intends "anti-2A" be her signature theme and main legacy with so many other kooky nutty pervy leftist issues to choose from.

Will she sign any new anti-2A law that's put in front of her? Of course. She's a Dim. But it's still the Legislature that's in full control of that undertaking and I don't think Maura or even the new flaming batshit crazy AG lady is going to matter all that much in the end.

Deval failed the bar exam twice so he ain't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Massachusetts people think there is no life west of newton until you get to the left coast. No life south of MV, and no life north of Merrimack unless you’re on the Maine coast, or perhaps skiing in Vt.

at the trucking company, we used to call our one stop out past rt190 the west coast run.

What are the magic powers that maura has that make her different from the last half dozen or so shitty governors we had? (btw, some of them were 90% grade moonbats, like Deval Patrick)

Honestly if you want something to actually get concerned about, start thinking revenue grabs long before gun grabs
Many hope you guess the right door by dismissing her so easily. I’m not so sure she’s anything like the people before her.

She sure as shit put fear on the front burner with her letter to the point of most gun shops followed her order on evil black guns.
Hell, just look at the people who complied, not disregarded her order. Let is not forget the clown show she had on stage with the announcement. Was it CharLIE Faker holding her purse that day?

Every damn one of us knows it’s Massachusetts and most anything could happen. I personally wouldn’t be so quick to not treat her as a threat to gun owners.

That all said, I’m already gone from that sewer.

3. those of us who simply don't care anymore. (And fwiw, it's not that I'm happy about any of that shit, it's just that i think it's mostly noise to scare wobblies out of buying guns).
Well, I'm a little encouraged and relieved to read that you are not happy about what's coming down the Pike at us from the Legislature next session. To be just laughing it off at this point kind of scares me. We need people on our side to take the threat of the Legislature's promise to crush us next session seriously. 🤔

And I understand your point about not caring anymore. Believe me, I get it. There comes a point where you ask yourself "What more can they do to us that they haven't already done"? How can it get any worse? :confused:

But then I read Andrea Campbell's anti-2A page and I wake up a little. Then I realize that there's a whole lot more they can do to torture us. o_O

Well, I'm a little encouraged and relieved to read that you are not happy about what's coming down the Pike at us from the Legislature next session. To be just laughing it read off at this point kind of scares me. We need people on our side to take the threat of the Legislature's promise to crush us next session seriously. 🤔

And I understand your point about not caring anymore. Believe me, I get it. There comes a point where you ask yourself "What more can they do to us that they haven't already done"? How can it get worse? :confused:

But then I read Andrea Campbell's anti-2A page and I wake up a little. Then I realize that there's a whole lot more they can do to torture us. o_O
Worrying about it is pointless because there is absolutely nothing you can do about it other than donate to causes like Comm2a that are potentially able to sue the s*** out of these people.... legislatively MA is "done". The only reason the "gunz" issue isn't worse here is because they haven't achived tier 1 commie state status, still lagging behind ca, ny, nj etc. And legislators talk a lot of talk. But a lot of them aren't really true believers... they just like the virtue signaling sound bites. They don't hold a candle to antis like cheryl fakes, jarret barrios and angus mcquillicken, all former legislators or apparatchiks that were hardcore antis.

Worrying about it is pointless because there is absolutely nothing you can do about it other than donate to causes like Comm2a that are potentially able to sue the s*** out of these people.... legislatively MA is "done". The only reason the "gunz" issue isn't worse here is because they haven't achieved tier 1 commie state status, still lagging behind ca, ny, nj etc. And legislators talk a lot of talk. But a lot of them aren't really true believers... they just like the virtue signaling sound bites. They don't hold a candle to antis like cheryl fakes, jarret barrios and angus mcquillicken, all former legislators or apparatchiks that were hardcore antis.
Well, we still have lunatic bestiality aficionado Linsky, but I get your point on the other legendary MA anti-2A nutcases. [laugh]

The problem (with the promised coming MA gun law rewrite) is that the framework for what they want is already there. That allows them to concentrate on "plugging the holes" that will squash our very last vestiges of 2A freedom and sanity in this crazy moonbat state.

I don't like to talk specifics because I know the anti's are reading NES, but I think you can figure out what "holes" I mean.

Many hope you guess the right door by dismissing her so easily. I’m not so sure she’s anything like the people before her.

She sure as shit put fear on the front burner with her letter to the point of most gun shops followed her order on evil black guns.
Hell, just look at the people who complied, not disregarded her order. Let is not forget the clown show she had on stage with the announcement. Was it CharLIE Faker holding her purse that day?

Every damn one of us knows it’s Massachusetts and most anything could happen. I personally wouldn’t be so quick to not treat her as a threat to gun owners.

That all said, I’m already gone from that sewer.
Letter was pre-Bruen.
Any action now to enforce would be give standing which would backfire spectacularly.
She's smart enough to know that she got maximal results from the letter by appeasing the anti's while simultaneously quelling the skittish.

Well, we still have lunatic bestiality aficionado Linsky, but I get your point on the other legendary MA anti-2A nutcases. [laugh]

The problem (with the promised coming MA gun law rewrite) is that the framework for what they want is already there. That allows them to concentrate on "plugging the holes" that will squash our very last vestiges of 2A freedom and sanity in this crazy moonbat state.

I don't like to talk specifics because I know the anti's are reading NES, but I think you can figure out what "holes" I mean.
Linksy might prove to be our best, unwilling ally if he can get one of his bills untempered by reason across her desk for signature.
Would she sign it and set in motion the collapse of the Mass antigun scheme
Or would she refuse and invite the wrath of the moonbats

Linksy might prove to be our best, unwilling ally if he can get one of his bills untempered by reason across her desk for signature.

This.

It's why I snickered when I watched the news this morning. The CT AG is doubling down, promising to fight to the end, etc. etc.

Again, some posters here are forgetting Bruen. We're in a different legal landscape now than we were just several months ago. I'd LOVE to see this CT law get signed. It would get smacked down tout suite, and it would bring several other infringements along with it.

On topic

I think long term it's best for CT if they do kill the grandfathering.
Very hard to argue that the guns are unusually dangerous when other than one unicorn event they don't really show up in crime.

Letter was pre-Bruen.
Any action now to enforce would be give standing which would backfire spectacularly.
She's smart enough to know that she got maximal results from the letter by appeasing the anti's while simultaneously quelling the skittish.
Well if she gets elected you will see how far it goes. Nothing she does effects me on a personal level.
This is after all from a person who was really into frivolous lawsuits.

LOL, wait until you see the sh*t Maura has planned for Massachusetts. Don’t worry, though, you may get your rights back 10 years later when the lawsuits make their way to SCOTUS. Well, your kids may get those rights back, you’re likely going to be killed during a home invasion or run over by a dreamer speeding in their car to another town to try and vote for the 4th time that day. your estate will be sued by the 14 people in the other car who have extensive soft-tissue injury.
Maybe, maybe not.

Unlike NY, NJ, Maryland, and California, Mass has been remarkably laid back about a lot of that stuff.

She might proceed like she did with Littleton, and take a hands off attitude.

Letter was pre-Bruen.
Interesting analysis. It's already been proven that Maura has no interest in trying to prosecute based on her letter. And yes, she got out of it what she wanted to get out of it. In that latter regard, I believe she considers it to have been a big win. 🤔

Would she sign it and set in motion the collapse of the Mass antigun scheme
Or would she refuse and invite the wrath of the moonbats
My guess is that she will do what the DimocRAT party tells her to do. The stakes are too high for her to make a decision like that on her own.

Maybe, maybe not.

Unlike NY, NJ, Maryland, and California, Mass has been remarkably laid back about a lot of that stuff.

She might proceed like she did with Littleton, and take a hands off attitude.
As I've said before, she will let the Legislature do her dirty work for her. No reason for her to waste political capital on something the Legislature (a.k.a., "the pols with the REAL power to destroy") has already said they plan to do. :(

She is different from past governors in that she isn't royalty.

Mass has had Kings, Dukes and even a Sergeant. Then "Cadillac" DeVille, of course.

The best we can do to mock her is to call her a Mauron.

I think the Dems want her because she's into chicks more than that she hates guns.

My guess is that she will do what the DimocRAT party tells her to do. The stakes are too high for her to make a decision like that on her own.
NY's actions have already shown that theres clearly no central leadership among moonbats with gun control. The DNC has always courted antis as pawns but rarely if ever takes any real risks for them. They only care about antis at all because they wanted to lock up UrbanBullshit type district votes.

(Sigh.) I have to laugh a bit, even at the "Nuke Boston" thread. Well, sure, greater Boston has around five million people, and some significant tech resources, especially biomed/biotech. But not factories. Those tech things are intellectual property and exist in people's brains and on servers replicated worldwide.

Versus, say, the New York Metropolitan Area, spanning from northern Noo Joizey up to where my ass is parked presently. TWENTY MILLION souls. And Joizey's infamous chem plants that make the place a stinkpot. Oh, and a bit to the east is a place called Groton. Home to a concern called General Dynamics Electric Boat. Know what they make there? Those things called nuclear submarines. Why am I thinking all of these things might make more interesting targets?

It's not that the bad guys have to choose between hitting MA or NYC. It's more like everything gets hit and it gets hit a lot of times. Some places get hit by dozens of warheads repeatedly.

While we don't have access to the modern Russian plans, there have been old Soviet ones leaked out and they show what the tiered plan is (provided their stuff works which is another problem). Same can be said for the US. Those maps of strikes on the USSR also involved an incredible amount of bombs and lots of places would eat repeated strikes consequatively.

There's no shortages of bombs or ICBMS. they don't have to triage target choices.

Naples FL is a target. Naples FL is not a big city. And it's county is not remarkable either. However, it would serve as an outpost if Miami and Tampa were destroyed (which they both would be). So, as a result, even de facto backwaters like naples which is 2 hours from Tampa and about 90 minutes from Miami gets a strike also. Simply because letting the US rally in an established location would be a mistake.

NY's actions have already shown that theres clearly no central leadership among moonbats with gun control. The DNC has always courted antis as pawns but rarely if ever takes any real risks for them. They only care about antis at all because they wanted to lock up UrbanBullshit type district votes.

I believe the DNC realized long, long ago that gun control was a loser. I think there are a few sharp people in the Democrat Swamp who understand quite well that "meaningful commonsense gun control" will never, ever pass, and I'm certain they would never stake their national political capital on actually doing anything to pass it.

What they do on guns is just repeat the same talking points over and over and over again to keep both their base and our base riled up, thus contributing to division and control over their own message.

There are individual Democrat politicians who are true believers on gun control. Those people will stick their necks out, and their names are things like "Hochul." But the Party as a whole is not going to go out on a limb for her. Ever. Because they know the score. My sense is that this CT AG is a lot like Hochul, and the Dem swamp won't help him much either.

The question for Ma**h***s (you can stop reading now, @SpaceCritter ) is whether Maura is a True Believer on guns. I don't believe she is. I think she's very much in line with the mainstream Democrat party. I also think she's fairly clever and won't willingly fight a losing battle. I hope I'm wrong, though, because if she overreaches, the 1st Circuit will simply fall in line with Bruen sooner rather than later.

The question for Ma**h***s (you can stop reading now, @SpaceCritter ) is whether Maura is a True Believer on guns. I don't believe she is. I think she's very much in line with the mainstream Democrat party. I also think she's fairly clever and won't willingly fight a losing battle. I hope I'm wrong, though, because if she overreaches, the 1st Circuit will simply fall in line with Bruen sooner rather than later.
shes an opputunist, which makes her just as dangerous as the rest. Also unpredictable in the worst of ways.

Back
Top Bottom