Crossbows....

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread...

I want to get a crossbow, I have always loved them but I have never owned one. It will be more for fun, or survival if it comes down to the zombie apocalypse (insert Walking Dead reference here). I want a durable, rugged one that can take some abuse without falling apart.

Does anybody know of a good namebrand? Or where to find good, reliable information on one?

Thanks!

Barnett is a good brand to check into. I own 2 of theirs, as well as some pistol crossbows. One of the full size is is the "Commando", which is a 150lb. draw self-cocking recurve style, and the other is a 150lb. compound type. The Commando model was one that I read about as a boy, and dreamed about someday owning. Funny thing was that I found a used one for sale years later as an adult shopping in Kittery Trading Post and HAD to buy it on the spot, even though I wasn't even in the market for another crossbow at that time, but this one was the first one that I had ever seen for sale anywhere.

I'm sorry if this is a duplicate thread...

I want to get a crossbow, I have always loved them but I have never owned one. It will be more for fun, or survival if it comes down to the zombie apocalypse (insert Walking Dead reference here). I want a durable, rugged one that can take some abuse without falling apart.

Does anybody know of a good namebrand? Or where to find good, reliable information on one?

Thanks!

I have, and hunt with, an Excalibur Exocet. It is a 200 lb re-curve crossbow so it is simple and rugged. You can do all of your own work on it and they have a great warranty; not that you will need it.

Re-curves are generally wider and louder than compound crossbows.

You can change your string on a re-curve but you need a bow press to change the string and cables on a compound crossbow.

My suggestion is to take a ride down to Cabelas and shoot what they have in stock to see what you like.

Another great resource is Dave at Wyvern creations which is in New Hampshire. He is a wealth of information and his prices are great as well: Wyvern Creations, Modern Crossbows and Accessories

Bob

I have, and hunt with, an Excalibur Exocet. It is a 200 lb re-curve crossbow so it is simple and rugged. You can do all of your own work on it and they have a great warranty; not that you will need it.

Re-curves are generally wider and louder than compound crossbows.

You can change your string on a re-curve but you need a bow press to change the string and cables on a compound crossbow.

My suggestion is to take a ride down to Cabelas and shoot what they have in stock to see what you like.

Another great resource is Dave at Wyvern creations which is in New Hampshire. He is a wealth of information and his prices are great as well: Wyvern Creations, Modern Crossbows and Accessories

Bob

Thanks for that link! I didn't know about them.

R&R sport shop in Belchertown has a few different brands on display. That way you can hold more than one. They also have a ton of accessories.

Back
Top Bottom