• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UK going after crossbows next

Why haven't they banned forks and hammers yet?
as soon as there's an increase in getting stabbed in the eye with a fork it will be put on the agenda. politicians the world over react the same way....with a knee jerk.

But will they move against the traditional longbow or follow the Mass model and ban deadly zoobows too?

[hmmm]

The terrifying weapon,
bought in Leeds, is capable of hitting a target with its aluminium-pointed bolts at 500 yards.

Anyone know if crossbows are legal in MA? I’m feeling a little picking one up out of spite.

Just like the UK - you can buy one with no questions asked. Seem like a fun toy.

You need a doctor's note to hunt with one. They're a lot heavier and more cumbersome than a bow, so unless you have a real disability, I don't think they're a good choice for hunting - but feel free to do as you want.

Looking at this from the perspective of a neutered UK subject, it makes sense to ban these, I'm surprised that they haven't been already if you can get in trouble for carrying a knife or pair of pliers.

I read this and thought "That seems very optimistic". I think they added an extra zero in error.

you can hit it alright, just not every time and depends on the size of the target. Cross bows ranged from light to medium weight that required serious strength to wield to stationary crew-served device.

England is nuts. They have banned all teh things and now look at the place. London recently surpassed Chicongo in terms of total violent crime rates. Go figure...

England is nuts. They have banned all teh things and now look at the place. London recently surpassed Chicongo in terms of total violent crime rates. Go figure...
The more shit that they ban, the more dangerous their country gets. Go figure. And their response is ban even more stuff hoping that this next ban will stop the crime wave. LOL

All of the criminals and thugs know their they have easy targets now

Cut out the middleman. Ban Testosterone...

I believe that was New York City. Ain’t nobody beating shitcago lol

Back
Top Bottom