Credit Card Industry Group Approves Plan to Track Sales of Guns and Ammo via New Merchant Code

That said, it’s a step down the slippery slope to registration & confiscation that must be stopped. The 2021 Nat’l Firearms Survey found 32% owned guns and other surveys find 40%+ of household own guns (probably underestimates). It doesn’t take to much imagination to figure what a Google Maps app would look like drilling down to the street address for gun ownership.
Let’s face it. The true slippery slope began with the GCA of 1968, long before a lot of us were born. Before that, there was no tracking of anything. Once the system of producing and maintaining the information exists, it WILL eventually be misused and abused. The only advantage we have now is that there are literally more guns than people in our country and as such, Mass confiscation is a mathematical impossibility.

Just remember. They HAVE to rely upon COMPLIANCE through FEAR to get what they want. That’s why the scamdemic was so important to them. It reinforced these same principles.

As for Lindsey Gramnasty, Cocaine Mitch and the others, YES! They ALL HATE US!!! They ALL piss down our backs and tell us it’s raining!!!

I’ve been convinced for years now that a Convention of States - despite its inherent risks - is really, truly the ONLY way out of this. You can count on Marxichusetts to resist this concept to the very end, but at least 16 states are on board with the idea now.

Wouldn’t this also set them up for liable if person was to buy guns and ammo. And then commit a crime/killing. And it wasn’t flagged. You know damn well they would try to go after the lgs. But they probably have a golden parachute for that.

Let’s face it. The true slippery slope began with the GCA of 1968, long before a lot of us were born. Before that, there was no tracking of anything. Once the system of producing and maintaining the information exists, it WILL eventually be misused and abused. The only advantage we have now is that there are literally more guns than people in our country and as such, Mass confiscation is a mathematical impossibility.

Just remember. They HAVE to rely upon COMPLIANCE through FEAR to get what they want. That’s why the scamdemic was so important to them. It reinforced these same principles.

As for Lindsey Gramnasty, Cocaine Mitch and the others, YES! They ALL HATE US!!! They ALL piss down our backs and tell us it’s raining!!!

I’ve been convinced for years now that a Convention of States - despite its inherent risks - is really, truly the ONLY way out of this. You can count on Marxichusetts to resist this concept to the very end, but at least 16 states are on board with the idea now.

Agreed, mass confiscation is impossible as compliance would be extremely low in about half the states, very low in another quarter and low in the rest, outside the big Democratic-lead cities that will devolve into deeper shitholes. Some think the US will eventually go the way of disarmed Europeans but I think the US will drift to a moderately de-civilized state, where law enforcement is doubtful and the government recognized as the people’s enemy by most before that happens.

This book is a good look at such a de-civilizing process. When written, the US hadn’t hyper-polarized as it has recently, so I think the “solutions” offered are off the table in the US. It will become bad before it gets worse. China, Russia, Iran and North Korea will be collaborating to help that decline.

When I bought the car, the dealership would only charge up to $5K on each card (dealership policy), so they used multiple ccs for my transaction.
My last car had a 5K limit....on cards total. I tried to argue for more but they wouldn't do it, as I get 2% back.

The rest of the 30K they wanted a bank check for.

Either way......just about every year I enjoy a nice all inclusive vacation with my 2% cash back for free.

I mean really....if your purchasing from a MA dealer they are doing an FA-10 and registering the gun in your name.....so why does any one in this state care about credit card tracking?

As far as free states.....i get it.......as long as your not looking stuff up on search engines and on the internet......oops! Because there's that......that they track heavily with analytics like crazy.

We are all on the list already just for being here anyway.

The logistical problem with this is that just because you make a purchase in a business coded as a gun shop does not mean someone bought a gun.

My Wife bought some $85 5.11 cargo pants at Shooters Outpost a few years ago. Someone buys a gun safe (to store valuable papers or jewelry, for argument's sake) at a gun shop or a lot of clothing, etc. The data they collect is going to be useless, but the antis will use it to try to jam thru legislation or other means to shut down legal businesses, that you can count on.

Asking for a friend.
i'm that friend! standing tall and proud all my manly bits still work to be able to frequent those fine establishments.

all shooters should refrain from using their credit cards for one week and see if they loose any money. i do understand it's rather a stretch when carl has something on sale.

When I bought the car, the dealership would only charge up to $5K on each card (dealership policy), so they used multiple ccs for my transaction.
When I first got out of college I was working for Honeywell (back when Honeywell was a pretty big deal, way before the takeover by AlliedSignal). The powers that be decided that they wanted a new corporate jet. They picked the Grunmman Gulfstream II and went through all the paper work of buying one and then got to the point where they had to put a down payment on it. Turns out nobody had thought of that and they hadn't put in for a check from accounting, so one of the VPs put the down payment on their AMX card (this was back when AMX made a big deal about no limit on their cards). AMX did accept the transaction, but they had to limit it to $999,999.99 since their system could not handle a dollar amount over 6 digits.

i'm that friend! standing tall and proud all my manly bits still work to be able to frequent those fine establishments.

all shooters should refrain from using their credit cards for one week and see if they loose any money. i do understand it's rather a stretch when carl has something on sale.
Oh great....another boycott that won't happen. I'd say that more than half of this country lives off their credit cards......so there's that percentage that can't do it. As they need them
just to survive and buy time to pay for shit they probably shouldn't have bought. Those people are addicted to them and will never go along with it.

Then there are people like me who don't need them, but like to earn the 2% off on everything they need to buy anyway, and pay the bill in full every month and get a nice vacation or 3-4K in cash at the end of the year.

Why would I give that up? ....the state already knows when I buy guns, as i do it legally. And Im sure the first one i bought 35 years ago put me on some list anyway.....

And if they want to know my other purchases......like I buy underwear, socks, heating oil, gasoline, a car.....what.....why do I care?

Do I agree with it? NO. Do I like it.... NO.

Again....if you post on here and your purchasing everything with cash to keep from being tracked...........well you failed......because if your posting on here.....your on the list for sure.

Last edited:
When you set up your Credit Card profile can't you select something other then a Gun store as your MCC? I would figure that the CC companies are not very strict on what you choose as they probably don't want to be stuck in the middle of this mess either.

The MMC is set by the merchant, card processor and the underwriter. Yes that is correct, the underwriter. All payment processors have insurance in case a merchant goes belly up and leaves some unresolved transactions etc. Yes, the payment processor can be liable for them. That is why a lot of payment processors require an escrow account on smaller and non-proven merchants. That is also why there is some level of vetting of merchants. Regardless in order to have insurance to cover this and also in order for the interchange fees to be calculated correctly the MCC has to be "accurate". CC companies, both payment processors and card networks, are pretty strict on the MCC because that determines how much they can charge in fees among other things. It also helps the rewards program. Example: get double points on groceries. Buy them at Stop & Shop no problem. The MCC is good. Buy groceries at the corner 7-11 and maybe no double rewards because the MCC is not the same as a grocery store. That is also why some merchants will have multiple MCC. For instance at the 7-11 all gas, if they sell it, under one MCC and everything else under another.

Last edited:
The key word is acceptable risk,
If they deem it too much of a risk. They decline the sale
And for those that say cash is king, Tell that to the 87,000 IRS agents that are just for millionaires and not the the transactions over $500 that have to be reported
ESG
Back door gun ban and registration,
Because they are just private companies, That have the Big Guy pulling the strings like his own personal puppet
Listen to Glenn Becks podcast on this....
Especially when the CC flag someone as suspicious and notify the authorities

If this is going to be a new thing then the only thing left is to get creative. LGSs should start accepting CashApp, crypto, money orders (is there an electronic version of Western Union?) or some other type of payment method.
I’d like to see what they say when you’re sending money to an LGS with the CashTag of $TheFluffyBunnyStore or something like that lol.
Paid a dealer with Venmo, it was fur unincorn farts or something.

And or try and pay with cash. I’ve even used a check one time in the past 4 years.

Unless you're buying on line, cash is king anyway....
I buy just about every gun online. Best pricing and no tax.

My very local dealer 2 miles away from my house (which is amazing for my part of North Central MA) carries very little stock, and welcomes online transfers.

The key word is acceptable risk,
If they deem it too much of a risk. They decline the sale
And for those that say cash is king, Tell that to the 87,000 IRS agents that are just for millionaires and not the the transactions over $500 that have to be reported
ESG
Back door gun ban and registration,
Because they are just private companies, That have the Big Guy pulling the strings like his own personal puppet
Listen to Glenn Becks podcast on this....
Especially when the CC flag someone as suspicious and notify the authorities
So.....legally buying something that is normal and legal to sell, buy and trade can be blocked by a CC. ?

I would think that would be a violation of some part of a fair trade act or something or business across state lines.

They want to record gun transactions but when they start blocking them for no reason.......I don't think that will work out for them, especially if Congress flips.

There are banks that aren't pawns in the scheme, and will fill the void for the amount of guns that get put on CC.....that would be a lucrative business.

If you haven't got all the guns you're going to need by now you may have waited a bit too long
I keep telling this to folks (including myself!). I'd add ammo, parts and certain accessories to the mix as well.

There seems to be a convergence of forces that's going to try to work against us in every possible way like never before.

In Massachusetts particularly, the legislature, the new AG and the new governor are going to try to make our lives a living Hell.

I keep telling this to folks (including myself!). I'd add ammo, parts and certain accessories to the mix as well.

There seems to be a convergence of forces that's going to try to work against us in every possible way like never before.

In Massachusetts particularly, the legislature, the new AG and the new governor are going to try to make our lives a living Hell.
What a time to be alive!

I do agree when Healey gets in her new AG this place could really become unliveable.

It will be interesting to see if that gaggle of c u n t s go above and beyond.

Im glad I'm on the outs.......I was just in North and South Carolina and freedom is alive and well there.

We are checking out a few things in Tennessee and should have a destination soon.

Who cares? Does anybody really buy guns with credit cards? Every single gun purchase I've made, the seller charges more for using a credit card versus cash so that negates any points I might have earned.

The bigger thing here is ammo and if you're ordering it online to be delivered to you, they are obviously already tracking it, so again who cares?
I have purchased nearly all of mine on a credit card. My local dealer does not charge me more for a credit card purchase plus I get %3 back. I pay the ballance every month. By the end of the year I have a couple $k in rewards I can use. Good thing I have everything I want already. I will not use mine anymore for guns and ammo.

I have purchased nearly all of mine on a credit card. My local dealer does not charge me more for a credit card purchase plus I get %3 back. I pay the ballance every month. By the end of the year I have a couple $k in rewards I can use. Good thing I have everything I want already. I will not use mine anymore for guns and ammo.

Yep, same here. I get 1-5 points for every dollar spent on my credit card. I buy everything with the same card. Guns, groceries, gas, etc. I've haven't paid for a flight in years as I just use points. To me, using the CC is the best option.

For what it's worth visa issued a statement:

Funny what bullshit you put out there when your shares drop 4% in a day, on top of the 8% overall on the year. If Visa didn't believe in it, why did they sign on to it, is there not an MCC for sporting goods already??

I do however believe them on denials. Denials for for only certain legal products would be a lawsuit of mega proportions they would lose due to many fair trade laws, and what interest do they have in denying purchases? Their whole business model is making interest money on purchases. The more the better for them. For certain, being some gatekeeper would not be in their model.

The whole thing is being done for government to better extract data and use it against you. Whoo hoo the fag anti congress critters get all happy!.

However he's the f***ing reality............like many said.....gun shops don't only sell guns. So tell me... they can't track by SKU....... and multiple firearm purchases are already tracked.......And its been shown that the AFT can't get a warrant on that already. So how will they get a warrant on some obscure purchase at a gun shop. Spend 10K at a gun shop.....the AFT shows up at your door warrantless..........shut up and shut the door. Boo hoo.

Last edited:
"Who cares?"

I am so tired of that question.

The cops want to search you ... "who cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

The gov wants to track you ... "wo cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

They want you to register your gun purchases... "wo cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

They want you to write your name on the ballot when voting ... "wo cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

They want to track your GPS ... "wo cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

They want to track your cash deposits ... "wo cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

Your way of thinking is the problem.

What are you going to do when cash is banned? ... maybe then you will start caring?

Cash is already banned. Try buying concessions at Fenway

Back
Top Bottom