Credit Card Industry Group Approves Plan to Track Sales of Guns and Ammo via New Merchant Code

In addition,

“A letter, drafted by Sen. Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts and Rep. Madeleine Dean of Pennsylvania and signed by over a dozen of their colleagues, urges the CEOs of Mastercard, American Express and Visa to back the creation of a merchant category code for gun and ammunition retailers — a measure the industry had initially resisted, according to an investigation by CBS News in June.

“The creation of a new [merchant category code] for gun and ammunition retail stores would be the first step towards facilitating the collection of valuable financial data that could help law enforcement in countering the financing of terrorism efforts,” the letter says.

Who cares? Does anybody really buy guns with credit cards? Every single gun purchase I've made, the seller charges more for using a credit card versus cash so that negates any points I might have earned.

The bigger thing here is ammo and if you're ordering it online to be delivered to you, they are obviously already tracking it, so again who cares?

Who cares? Does anybody really buy guns with credit cards? Every single gun purchase I've made, the seller charges more for using a credit card versus cash so that negates any points I might have earned.

The bigger thing here is ammo and if you're ordering it online to be delivered to you, they are obviously already tracking it, so again who cares?
Those of us who want less .gov, not more.

until a Three Letter Agency shows up at you door and says:

download.jpg

Candygram for Crispnipz, Candygram for Crispnipz

"Who cares?"

I am so tired of that question.

The cops want to search you ... "who cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

The gov wants to track you ... "wo cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

They want you to register your gun purchases... "wo cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

They want you to write your name on the ballot when voting ... "wo cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

They want to track your GPS ... "who cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

They want to track your cash deposits ... "wo cares" if you are not doing anything wrong?

Your way of thinking is the problem.

What are you going to do when cash is banned? ... maybe then you will start caring?

Last edited:
I'll make sure to pay with credit card now. I can earn points and get on another list for free!
I always use credit cards for everything unless they offer a cash discount. I get cash back on the ccs and pay them off in full every month.

I even bought a new car on credit cards once, that was a nice cash-back deal!

Back
Top Bottom