• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Craigslist buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Craigslist quite often, biggest problem is the lack of a feedback system which leads to a huge number of deadbeat bidders, typically you'll go through 2-3 no shows, sob stories, lack of funds, dead grandmother, etc., before you get a hit.

keep leg humping dude

it's cute

here is his email

GunGrey

GunGrey is online now NES Member GunGrey's Avatar
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Join Date:Nov 2009Location:The Western side of HELLPosts:5,282

Default Re: the word full retard

Quote Originally Posted by stiggy1972

just reported that with the pic u posted I have a family member with down syndrome watch your step

Like I care

listen son if you want to make empty threats go ahead your a punk and a moron. please lurk more and post less

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbu...your-help.html

here is his email

GunGrey

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

just reported that with the pic u posted I have a family member with down syndrome watch your step

Like I care

listen son if you want to make empty threats go ahead your a punk and a moron. please lurk more and post less

christopher_walken_bro.jpg

I have bought and sold alot on Craigs. I remember the scariest moment buying some New motorcycle tires from a guy in Brocton, we met at the dunkins and then i followed him over to a run down garage, (i was packing and nervous but ready) He knocks on the garage door and a 75 year old man opens it and says hey grandson you picking up your motorcycle tires, You done racing your bike. sketchy but 100% legit, even shot the shit with the guy about Bikes for awhile.....I even write the plate # down when we meet at a Public place too.

Yup. Before the actual meet, I obviously have to exchange the color, make and model of my car. But usually I ask first. Once I know, I'll text it to my wife. Once I see the vehicle tag, I do the same thing.

here is his email

GunGrey

Like I care

Are you threatening more people? Go drink yourself to sleep. [rolleyes]

I only reply to emails with phone numbers. I use their name, number, email, and other info and play detective online. I make sure they're real people first. Then I find out who they are. I do invite some to my house (outside of course). I have cameras all over too. The cameras are relatively cheap at Costco.

I have stuff listed on craigslist and no problems yet! I would be more worried about getting some kind of raid on my house than anything else here in this police state. Besides I would rather them come to me instead of meeting them someplace else where they can have buddies already waiting beforehand. A public place doesn't mean crap to anyone willing to murder/rob anyone, so think about that one!

Charles.

Anywho, back on topic....

I love Craigslist,I've made some killer deals from there...like anything you have to be Leary with a clear head...I bought a set of AFR heads off of some guy from Fitchburg,the guy was totally shady.We agreed to meet at one of the Dunkins in Townsend.

My buddy showed up first to just make sure I wasn't going to get rolled...went without a hitch great deal and I'm happy...my buddy said this dude had a backup sitting in the car next to him...kinda funny.

This is what's fun about buying or selling on Craigslist: every transaction is like Blackwater rolling through Iraq. You scout your location, always have backup in another vehicle, and always go heavily armed. Hopefully, it doesn't end up like Fallujah, 2004...

I had an old iPhone I no longer wanted. It was just sitting in a cabinet, so I decided to sell it. I posted it on craigslist and 1 day or so later, someone offered me what what I was asking. (Like $300 or something. I don't remember.)

I asked him where he wanted to meet. He said, "Worcester down by Clark University. I go to school there." I said, "ok sure. I'll be in this xxx car."

So I drive down to meet him at like 8pm in the winter time, which I did not want to do, because it was dark, that area of Worcester is a shit hole, and it was before I was a gun owner. So I was screwed if anything were to go down.

I met up with the kid who told me where he would be. He ended up looking like he was 16 years old, which I found very suspicious. Nevertheless, I parked beside him wherre he was standing, got out, and said, "Are you the guy I am meeting for the iPhone?" He said, "yes, do you have it?" I said, "Yes, let's sit in my car, it's pouring outside."

So, we sat in my car, he looked over the phone, and before I knew it, the little piece of shit, snatched the phone off of the front seat, and took off like a cheetah. I flew after him in my car, but lost him because he was on foot. I drove around for like an hour trying to find him, but no luck. I went to the Worcester PD, reported it stolen, and like 3 days late, still nothing. In the meantime, my wife & I looked on craigslist again, for maybe some retard selling a phone that sounded like mine, in Worcester, etc.

Well, I emailed someone who had a "16gig black iPhone 4 with a black & red otterbox case." I set up a meet with the guy, and after I set up the meet, I called the cops, and told them I think this ******* is trying to re sell my stolen my phone. They said, "ok tell us where you are meeting him, and we will put a couple of undercover cops in the parking lot, in unmarked cars." I said, "ok I am meeting him at the Burger King down off of Park Ave at 3pm."

So, the guy pulls up, (who was a different person at this point.), I get in his car, look at the phone, and sure as shit, the phone's info said, "Neil's iPhone." They never even deleted it, or anything. So, I got out of the car, waived my hand, and they busted the piece of shit, along with the kid who originally stole it. I didn't feel bad either. Don't steal from me you stupid ****ers.

Wow, I can't believe you got it back. I have had a couple of knuckleheads, including a guy who threw a literal temper tantrum in my driveway when I told him I wouldn't take his lowball offer after we agreed on a price. I google the guy's name and he comes up in an article in the police log involving road rage, throwing a handful of change at a woman and her little girl when he felt they cut him off.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2012/02/09/handful-of-pennies-becomes-road-rage-weapon-in-ashland/

Last edited:
Wow, I can't believe you got it back.

I can't believe it either. I credit that part to my wife. She kept saying, "let's check craigslist, let's check craigslist. I know they are going to try and re sell it for the money." Sure enough they did, and I got it back.

That is why I will never deal with CL again. That very well could have gone very differently that night. I am lucky he only made it off with my phone.

Also, come to find out weeks later, the kid who originally stole it, had done the same exact thing to like 20 other people selling iPhone's, but they were never able to catch him.

Last edited:
Never had any problems selling stuff on C-list, but I've heard about a lot who have.

Always a good idea to be prepared.

If I were that concerned about a particular sale or purchase I would think twice about bringing my daughter.
Would likely get a friend who also has CCW to come with me as back up.

I had an old iPhone I no longer wanted. It was just sitting in a cabinet, so I decided to sell it. I posted it on craigslist and 1 day or so later, someone offered me what what I was asking. (Like $300 or something. I don't remember.)

I asked him where he wanted to meet. He said, "Worcester down by Clark University. I go to school there." I said, "ok sure. I'll be in this xxx car."

So I drive down to meet him at like 8pm in the winter time, which I did not want to do, because it was dark, that area of Worcester is a shit hole, and it was before I was a gun owner. So I was screwed if anything were to go down.

I met up with the kid who told me where he would be. He ended up looking like he was 16 years old, which I found very suspicious. Nevertheless, I parked beside him wherre he was standing, got out, and said, "Are you the guy I am meeting for the iPhone?" He said, "yes, do you have it?" I said, "Yes, let's sit in my car, it's pouring outside."

So, we sat in my car, he looked over the phone, and before I knew it, the little piece of shit, snatched the phone off of the front seat, and took off like a cheetah. I flew after him in my car, but lost him because he was on foot. I drove around for like an hour trying to find him, but no luck. I went to the Worcester PD, reported it stolen, and like 3 days late, still nothing. In the meantime, my wife & I looked on craigslist again, for maybe some retard selling a phone that sounded like mine, in Worcester, etc.

Well, I emailed someone who had a "16gig black iPhone 4 with a black & red otterbox case." I set up a meet with the guy, and after I set up the meet, I called the cops, and told them I think this ******* is trying to re sell my stolen my phone. They said, "ok tell us where you are meeting him, and we will put a couple of undercover cops in the parking lot, in unmarked cars." I said, "ok I am meeting him at the Burger King down off of Park Ave at 3pm."

So, the guy pulls up, (who was a different person at this point.), I get in his car, look at the phone, and sure as shit, the phone's info said, "Neil's iPhone." They never even deleted it, or anything. So, I got out of the car, waived my hand, and they busted the piece of shit, along with the kid who originally stole it. I didn't feel bad either. Don't steal from me you stupid ****ers.

Dude, awesome story. I won't go near Clark at night without two pieces, someone riding shotgun (with a shotgun) and a Newport. Parents own an apartment near there I have done work in and the whole place is a zoo.

I have sold mostly big stuff: cars, boats, trucks, motorcycles. I haven't dealt with any scammers, but plenty of tire kickers/time wasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom