Craigslist buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtb

NES Member
So .. I sold something on Craigslist today. I had my daughter in the car with me when I went to meet the guy (in a public place). Even though it was public, I made sure I had my PPS in my pocket. My daughter asked why I was armed and I told her "I have no idea who this guy is, and there have been many people robbed during Craigslist transactions". She says to me, "but he could be armed also". I said "well if he is - we will be even". She says "oh.. that makes sense". I think she is starting to understand why Dad CCWs. Why not teach her that its better to be careful than sorry later on... she is a good girl. She shoots a Ruger SR22 - Im trying to work her up to 9mm.

TV show on murder investigations called "first 48" on A&E. A few years ago a guy in texas met another guy to buy a car or sell it, the ad was posted on craigslist. The guy was murdered (that's what the show is about, murder investigations).

"well if he is, we will be even"

Awesome dad.

I'll never use Craigslist again after I was robbed 2 years ago. Way too sketchy and not worth it.

Luckily the guy I bought my bike off was extremely nice, even showed me what to look for when buying a used motorcycle. But they're not common for sure.

I'll never use Craigslist again after I was robbed 2 years ago. Way too sketchy and not worth it.

I wont meet ANYONE at my house - no matter what - no matter how big the item. I sold a bunch of baby furniture (cribs and whatnot) a year ago and even though it would have been easier to have them come here .. I loaded it all up in my truck and met them somewhere else (again with PPS in pocket and one in the pipe...as always). Generally I carry my G30SF - but its Summer now so I go with the PPS.

I wont meet ANYONE at my house - no matter what - no matter how big the item. I sold a bunch of baby furniture (cribs and whatnot) a year ago and even though it would have been easier to have them come here .. I loaded it all up in my truck and met them somewhere else (again with PPS in pocket and one in the pipe...as always). Generally I carry my G30SF - but its Summer now so I go with the PPS.

Yeah I am even leary about who I allow from NES over my house.

I sold a bike rack on Craigslist a week ago, and the first thing my wife asked before I left to met the guy was "are you packing"?

never had any real issues with craigslist. besides some scummy people trying to dick you around. I typically wont ever let anyone over. Never been robbed or ripped off or anything like that

But I carry daily

You shouldve seen the look on my moms face when I left the house telling her I was meeting a stranger from the internet to sell a gun in a parkinglot. she freaked!
[rofl]

I have bought and sold alot on Craigs. I remember the scariest moment buying some New motorcycle tires from a guy in Brocton, we met at the dunkins and then i followed him over to a run down garage, (i was packing and nervous but ready) He knocks on the garage door and a 75 year old man opens it and says hey grandson you picking up your motorcycle tires, You done racing your bike. sketchy but 100% legit, even shot the shit with the guy about Bikes for awhile.....I even write the plate # down when we meet at a Public place too.

Actually - during the early years. I did give away a 4,000 pound TV on craigslist - I did not want to move it even if I could. Two guys showed up at my place that were older than dirt and grabbed it like it was a piece of tissue paper. Man - did that make me feel like the out of shape fat man that I am... [sad2]. Still - I was armed and ready just in case these old-timers felt that they needed to whack me with their walkers. [smile]

I love Craigslist,I've made some killer deals from there...like anything you have to be Leary with a clear head...I bought a set of AFR heads off of some guy from Fitchburg,the guy was totally shady.We agreed to meet at one of the Dunkins in Townsend.

My buddy showed up first to just make sure I wasn't going to get rolled...went without a hitch great deal and I'm happy...my buddy said this dude had a backup sitting in the car next to him...kinda funny.

dont post in causal encounters and it wont be so weird

this member insults people with down syndrome and likes to call them retards leave negative feedback everytime he posts no joke I have email to prove it he is a horrible person

this member insults people with down syndrome and likes to call them retards leave negative feedback everytime he posts no joke I have email to prove it he is a horrible person

ok so you posted the same thing about this guy in different threads. so i think you should post the email.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom