• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cops stop someone doing open carry

Nice video. Not sure it would've went down so smoothly without the camera rolling. These two idiots give cops a bad rep for either A) not knowing the law or B) purposefully attempting to subvert it.

Can't imagine how open carry would go down in the People's Republic of Boston....

Absolutely, if he didn't have the video camera he would would have been face down on the pavement from the start. Love that the cop says that the guy wants to be difficult for not showing ID when he is not obliged too.

Maybe everyone should wear a camera on their head.

Nice video. Not sure it would've went down so smoothly without the camera rolling. These two idiots give cops a bad rep for either A) not knowing the law or B) purposefully attempting to subvert it.

Can't imagine how open carry would go down in the People's Republic of Boston....

You probably wouldn't live long enough to post the video.

Lets think about that for a minute. After a fierce gun battle with an unarmed suspect in a fiberglass boat, a gun battle that around 100 rounds were fired, the police arrested the suspect. Now, if you were a dog, totally different story.

Nice Bike.

My cousin (14 at the time) Got stopped by a bike cop and consented to a search (because he's a sheltered idiot) and the cop found weed on him. Yes he consented to a search fully aware of the fact he had weed in his pocket.

They called my aunt down and she told me she just couldn't take a cop seriously that was wearing spandex.

I don't even know what I just watched..

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the part where you can't have an unloaded gun within 1000 ft. of a school. As if criminals are interested in unloaded guns.

I don't get this:

1. Why carry an unloaded gun?
2. If it's legal, why are the cops detaining him?
3. Why is California still part of the union?

Lets think about that for a minute. After a fierce gun battle with an unarmed suspect in a fiberglass boat, a gun battle that around 100 rounds were fired, the police arrested the suspect. Now, if you were a dog, totally different story.

Still wondering where all the weapons these two bombers had during their running gun battles with police in Watertown disappeared to. Certainly not being questioned by the press.

I open carry once a week. I choose to do this so it will not be a lost right. I would prefer to stay concealed every time, but feel doing this helps show legal gun owners in a good light.

I believe it is too.

I think the reason being is that there simply isn't anything in the law that says carrying MUST be concealed, although I'm not sure how that meshes with an LTC.

Edit: Then the question becomes whether or not open carry will get your license yanked or other consequences from the black hole that is Massachusetts legalities.

Last edited:
I think the reason being is that there simply isn't anything in the law that says carrying MUST be concealed, although I'm not sure how that meshes with an LTC.

Edit: Then the question becomes whether or not open carry will get your license yanked or other consequences from the black hole that is Massachusetts legalities.

This. Its not illegal, but the fact that your chief can permanently yank your LTC because you do something he doesn't like/have bad breath/open carry is a real and scary possibility.

Laws don't tell you what you CAN do, only set punishments for what you CAN'T do. MGL just says "carry" nothing about concealed/open.

This. Its not illegal, but the fact that your chief can permanently yank your LTC because you do something he doesn't like/have bad breath/open carry is a real and scary possibility.

Laws don't tell you what you CAN do, only set punishments for what you CAN'T do. MGL just says "carry" nothing about concealed/open.

+1

Precisely why we need a case law interpretation of C140 s131.

So ****ed up. So I can't OC because I might get my ltc revoked? What a ****ing joke. I can't stand this nonsense. Why'd you have to post that Wallhack. I don't OC much except in NH. Never had a problem.

So ****ed up. So I can't OC because I might get my ltc revoked? What a ****ing joke. I can't stand this nonsense. Why'd you have to post that Wallhack. I don't OC much except in NH. Never had a problem.

That's the Catch-22: who said you couldn't OC? If you have a License To Carry in MA, you can carry all day every day, any way you'd like, and its not a crime (we could argue all day about "what if the officer says its disturbing the peace" but **** it, I'm not a lawyer) its not ILLEGAL, just possible you could get screwed over just the same.

One of these days, I'll write my chief a well thought-out letter with cites of relevant MGL's and ask his personal opinion on LTC revocation for OC'ing. Until then, I'm with you, my M&P is visible as all get-out in a Galco F.L.E.T.C.H. whenever I'm north of the border, +1 for open-carry

Just my personal opinion, I'd rather not have people know I'm carrying. Specifically, the bad guys...

My buddy was OCing when we were walking my dog yesterday and a statee drove down the street, we waved, and he kept going. Definitely saw it.... and nothing happened...

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Just my personal opinion, I'd rather not have people know I'm carrying. Specifically, the bad guys...

Someone always says this is ANY OC thread. Your opinion is duly noted, and as such disregarded because I'm a loud-mouthed, obnoxious adult and I like to stand out in a crowd. OC for me, por favor!

Last edited:
Someone always says this is ANY OC thread. Your opinion is duly noted, and as such disregarded because I'm a loud-mouthed, obnoxious adult and I like to stand out in a crowd. OC for me, por favor!

[Smile] And I do it because I like wearing girly girl clothes and a CC mumu doesn't count!

I get it, but it's just more of a tactical advantage that the evil doers don't know you are armed. Yes, I used the word tactical.

Back
Top Bottom