Contemplating my next purchase; CZ27 Range Report.

No, no, he's right. Just get ammo in calibers you don't have guns for yet. Before you know if, you'll have rationalized purchasing a gun to shoot the ammo "that's just sitting there". [smile]

55_grain

I did exactly that when I was a kid. Went shooting with my father in the sand pit (before the state owned it[angry]) and picked up a 7.62x39. Had the ammo, convinced my father I needed an AK to go with it. I mean, once you have the ammo, you need the accessories. But he IS suggestion stocking up on ammo for the go-to (already owned) guns, and not buying new ones. And that, sir, is blasphemy! [smile]

I make it a rule NEVER to spend money on accessories for guns I don't have yet.... and I usually manage to stick by it.

A slippery slope it is....

A picture of the bore.

028.jpg

MS

IMA called me today saying they are out of all dated holsters save 1934; so they'll send me a very nice one. Oh, well...[sad]

MS

Don't sweat it, you know by now that the hunt is part of the hobby and well worth the fun when you finally get what you want.[wink]

So now I'll have to get a bookend M14/34 Nazi marked Mauser 7.65, maybe drp or Kriegsmarine marked for this holster! Then keep the eyes open for a '39.

MS

Here's one for your holster.
The engraving and gold inlays are surely post WWII, but somehow I like the looks.
I've been offered this one but haven't decided whether I'll pursue.
There were no talkss about "combien?" as yet.
a4ebc837.jpg

Got to the range today, this last day of Freedom; school starts tomorrow. Got my wife to come with me and got her to put a magazine out of the '03 Colt while I put five through the new '39 CZ27.

Mostly Privi roundnose, but saw the odd Winchester wadcutter in there as well. Shot two magazines from 21 feet (right target), and three from 40 feet (left target).

The CZ seems nose heavy empty, but balances nicely with a full magazine. The pistol is among the heavier 7.65s, so it absorbs a lot of recoil - especially being nose heavy. Nailed the target at 21 feet. At 40 feet first try I scattered, and second try I steadied and put the sights right on the orange resulting in a nice group above the mark. Third try I aimed just below the orange and put most right there.

We've a good shooter here.[grin]

002.jpg

MS

Last edited:
The holster from IMA arrived just as I posted. A quick rub with Pecard's antique leather finish, and we're good to go. RH, WaA8, Carl Weiss, Braunschweig; same as the other 1934 I have.

Holster is OK, but not a "really nice one" as compared to the other three I've gotten. Significant wear, but no wear-throughs or split seams. If this is a +10% hand select, they're at the bottom of the barrel if anyone else is thinking of getting one. Still OK for nearly $50 with shipping as these are hard to get.

007-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

MS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom