Contemplating my next purchase; CZ27 Range Report.

majspud

NES Life Member
NES Member
I am in the process of selling five gold coins and am expecting to get about $2000. With gold pushing $1900 an ounce, a man only needs so many tie tacks - I'll still have two left, plus the 1907 $5 around my neck (the year Great-Grandfather Luigi immigrated from Rome), and a $10 1879 Eagle - the year my house was built. OT, but it's a creepy story - I bought the $10 sight unseen at spot price back in October of '01 asking for the oldest one they could send me, turned out to be 1879. Two months later, that December, I bought my house - built in 1879.

Anyway, I'm giving my wife $1200 of it to get a new lap top computer - our '03 Dell is just about dead. The rest is for me...what to get...

1. I'd like to get an air charger for my '07 Impala; $160

2. I've been sniffing around a CZ27, serial 38xxx, 1939, perfect for one chipped grip. Nazi proofed WaA76, first started on piece #20000 in 1939, so this is #18xxx into the Nazi production run...$450

3. "Rig" my other 7.65 pistols with spare original mags (I have original holsters); the HSc and the 38H

4. I saw two nice 03-A3's, both Remingtons, Serials 4008xxx, and 4003xxx, barrel codes 9-43, both bores perfect, one with a sight hood and a little better finish $750, the other $650.

5. Offer a hostile takeover on a 1916 bolt MM DWM Gew98M, Simson/Suhl rework, WaA6, from a GunBoards associate...

6. Get a Garand, maybe ex-CMP, just a shooter, but prefer WWII dated receiver, GI wood, Springfield make...

7. My first P38...

8. Probably out of the price range, a Walther PP..

8. Another 18 gun stack on cabinet...

9. M08 Colt in .380...

10. Another, slightly beater, M03 Colt .32 to carry and save the nice one...

11. M71/84 Mauser

12...??
[party]
MS

Last edited:
12. Two shooter SKS's, a Finn M91/30, and the remaining $50 down for layaway on a new gun cabinet. [grin]

I was gonna say a really nice SKS but lets not corrupt him completely just yet.[laugh]

Given the direction of your collection Tim, I'd say either do something hardcore like go for a Gewher 43, or get an M1 Garand and another cabinet. Put it this way... you WILL need the cabinet eventually.[wink]

I was gonna say a really nice SKS but lets not corrupt him completely just yet.[laugh]

Given the direction of your collection Tim, I'd say either do something hardcore like go for a Gewher 43, or get an M1 Garand and another cabinet. Put it this way... you WILL need the cabinet eventually.[wink]

Hard to get a G43 for $800. I am leaning towards a Garand...

MS

1. I'd like to get an air charger for my '07 Impala; $160
No... too boring.

2. I've been sniffing around a CZ27, serial 38xxx, 1939, perfect for one chipped grip. Nazi proofed WaA76, first started on piece #20000 in 1939, so this is #18xxx into the Nazi production run...$450
Yes.... CZ 27's are great.. I might have one for sale.

3. "Rig" my other 7.65 pistols with spare original mags (I have original holsters); the HSc and the 38H
Yes.. It is always better to have a full rig.

4. I saw two nice 03-A3's, both Remingtons, Serials 4008xxx, and 4003xxx, barrel codes 9-43, both bores perfect, one with a sight hood and a little better finish $750, the other $650.
Yes... An 03A3 is a must.

5. Offer a hostile takeover on a 1916 bolt MM DWM Gew98M, Simson/Suhl rework, WaA6, from a GunBoards associate...
A GEW98M would be great.

6. Get a Garand, maybe ex-CMP, just a shooter, but prefer WWII dated receiver, GI wood, Springfield make...
Top of my list if you do not have one already.

7. My first P38...
Yes for sure.

8. Probably out of the price range, a Walther PP..
These are nice but are overpriced compared to other period guns.

8. Another 18 gun stack on cabinet...
Practical but boring. I have always found that the greater the capacity for storage the greater the desire to fill it up.

9. M08 Colt in .380...
Another one at the top of the list.

10. Another, slightly beater, M03 Colt .32 to carry and save the nice one...
Good thinking.

11. M71/84 Mauser
Nice but would go for other guns first.

I have found that when I have money to spend on guns... it is more about what I can find at a good price than what I want. Good luck with what you decide.

What does SKS "corruption" look like, Ray?

collection_001_2_.JPG
(just the Chinese ones)

[wink]

Edit: Sorry for the Double Post. Couldn't delete it!

Last edited:
What does SKS "corruption" look like, Ray?

collection_001_2_.JPG

(just the Chinese ones)

[wink]

Attachments

• collection_001_2_.JPG
    collection_001_2_.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 7
12. im going for the polish p 64 pistol, but I would have a hard time not getting a Garand if you dont already have one. 800.00 gets you Service grade garand 196rnds of ammo,clips,bandoliers,ammocan and enough left over for a bayo or some other accessories like a nice sling.

$1200 is too much for the laptop. You can get a great one for $800 (unless she needs some serious computing power).

What you should really do is keep the cash in hand, maybe even save a few more bucks, and get to the Marlboro gun show. Some of my best buys have been on guns I never expected to purchase and they were found at gun shows.

Then if you don't find something at the show and the money is burning a hole, select from your other options or cruise GB.

I emailed CMP and asked if you can 'select' what you want advance. Before I buy a GOAL membership, I'd like to know if I can get what I want. Can't beat a service grade Garand for $650...I think they're accepting orders as of 8-10-11.

MS

What you should really do is keep the cash in hand, maybe even save a few more bucks, and get to the Marlboro gun show. Some of my best buys have been on guns I never expected to purchase and they were found at gun shows.

Then if you don't find something at the show and the money is burning a hole, select from your other options or cruise GB.

This is great advice.

I had some money in my pocket at a gun show and had nothing in particular in mind. I found a near mint 1950 Colt Woodsman match target still in the box for a very reasonable sum. Mirror perfect bore and 99% original blueing.

I have though of this as well. I have gone to four Marlboro shows, and two Wilmington shows; haven't really seen a bargain yet. I think I'm settling on a Garand. Since I know nothing about Garands, I assume I'm safer with CMP?

MS

A CMP service grade garand is hands down the best deal out there for garands. Go look at the Garands offered at the shows/dealers 650 buys you a sewer pipe on a 2x4. I was a bit sceptical at first. I was so impressed with my 1st one I ordered a 2nd before I even cleaned the 1st.

All though you really cant choose a garand through the mail order system maybe a road trip is in order. I was going to drive out to the north store from plymouth mass. About 10 hours I think. Before I knew it I had 3 kids and no time for such a trip...
by chance or hand picked ?I did put in my notes on my last order for a WWII serial number range springfield got a 1942 to go with my 1952
both are service grades. I know the cmp will try to make you happy with in reason

Last edited:
What, no shooter grade Luger?

I've got a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket too but Concord NH gun show is the Saturday after next and I'm trying to be good.... I've even found something at a local shop I'd really like.... Not sure I'll hold out for the show..... It hurts.....

Purchase Made

Well, the coins sold today, and I decided on the CZ27. Drove up to Easton to Zero Hour and returned with what is probably a bring back, $450 out the door. The Garand was #2; I'm really into German 7.65mm pistols and rigs right now. Maybe a Garand next year.

What we have is a 1939 WaA76 proofed all matching 95% finish CZ27, serial number 39883, perfect but for a chip out of the right side bakelite grip, and a couple of flecks of blue off the frame on the high points. All parts match; frame 2X, slide, and barrel. WaA76 on right frame, top of slide, and barrel.

The Nazis started proofing CZ27s WaA76 in 1939 with serial number 20,000, so this pistol is fairly early, #19,883 into the 1939 production run. Barrel is perfect; didn't have time to snap a pic. Trigger is nice correct straw color. This was the hardest of my 7.65s to field strip; it will probably get easier with practice.

I also have a 1939 Holster from IMA, and the air charger for the Impala on the way. We have nearly $1400 more in the bank for the computer and life. I'll start working on the mags next - need 4 - 38H, HSc, .32 Colt, and CZ27.

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

016.jpg

Cabinet pistol shelf is now full.

015.jpg

MS

Last edited:
Congrats on the CZ 27 and it is a nice one. The finish on the early guns is a big plus. I love the pre-soviet Czech pistols and the CZ27 is a must for the WWII segment of a collection. I think you made a good choice. It would be good to see pics of the rig when completed as well.

What, no shooter grade Luger?

I've got a few bucks burning a hole in my pocket too but Concord NH gun show is the Saturday after next and I'm trying to be good.... I've even found something at a local shop I'd really like.... Not sure I'll hold out for the show..... It hurts.....

They had one at Zero hour with holster just in; nonmatching, non RC. Don't know the date. $600?

MS

Slipped out to Dick's and got a pair of 4-gun pistol racks. They take up the whole shelf. I've a slot for one more pistol, and technically it looks like I can slip one more under each rack.

003.jpg

MS

Back
Top Bottom