Containers for .22LR

Shane

Banned
When I buy .22LR ammunition, I buy Remington Thunderbolt. It comes in crappy paper boxes.

I don't mind the actual cartridges, just the packaging.

I was looking for some type of storage container which holds at least 200 rounds of .22LR. The more it can hold, the better.

I might even be interested in buying some empty 100 round plastic containers.

I picked up some discarded 100 round boxes at one of the clubs where I shoot. I find they tend to take up a lot of room in my storage cabiniet. I don't like the paper boxes much either but they do hold a lot of ammo.

Get some soup from your favorite Chinese restaurant. The medium sized containers will hold 500 rounds no problem. That's what I keep mine in.

I stopped using Thunderbolts not only because of their packaging but they had a lot of misfires and are real dirty.

Try CCI sv, their packaged in plastic holders, shoot a lot cleaner and are in my pistols at least are a lot more dependable.

I think you will like them a lot better. I couldn't belive the difference when I started using them.

The Remington .22 stuff, it was one of the few things that doesn't feed properly in most of my .22 rifles and pistols. Something about the bullets and casing seem rough and out of spec, and they put a lot more of the wax lubricant on than the other brands.

The Remington .22 stuff, it was one of the few things that doesn't feed properly in most of my .22 rifles and pistols. Something about the bullets and casing seem rough and out of spec, and they put a lot more of the wax lubricant on than the other brands.

I stay away from the Thunderbolts; they seem to be the only .22's that lead up the barrel on my MKIII, and they don't feed well through my boy's G22.

As for containers, I'm not sure I've ever come back from the range with any rounds left. I buy the Federal bulk packs. If I do happen to have a few left, I just leave them in the box.

not to get off topic but, how is the G22?

Pretty fun. You got to keep it clean (which is a pain in the butt because you need tools to take it apart), although if you just run a boresnake through it when it starts to jam you can keep having fun.

With a cheap Wally World red dot on it, my son kicks my butt on the dueling tree (of course I have to use a 6 shot revolver).

I'll bring it with me on the next NES shoot and you can try it out.

If you know any reloaders, the plastic boxes that pistol bullets come in are just about the right size. I've been using the same one for decades. The lids don't snap real tight so I keep a large rubber band around. Also check Midway, they have plastic boxes without dividers, the same style that they sell as ammo boxes. They have a real nice snap.

You can reuse CCI containers. I saved a few of mine for when I have "lose" .22's

2006558.jpg

You can reuse CCI containers. I saved a few of mine for when I have "lose" .22's

2006558.jpg

Exactly what I am looking for. It appears they are sold at Four Seasons in Woburn. I might have to take a ride out there and pick up some CCI.

We have some of these containers already but need more.

That's exactly what I'm doing.
Bought 5,000 rds of CCI .22 LR in the 100 rd boxes, and keep all the
empty ones for later use.
When you remove the plastic insert of the 100-boxes, 2 of the 50 rd
carriers of the paper packed CCI will fit in.

Back
Top Bottom