Conn. mayor wants the NYPD to boycott Glock!

"We have to restrict these powerfully violent weapons."

i wonder if this guy also refers to his SUV as a "2 ton drunken rampage child killing wrecking ball".........

If Glock can be pressured into changing its policy, we suspect other companies will follow suit -- by means of a nationwide boycott by police departments against them, if necessary.

Glock is one of the largest gun manufactures in the world.....i have a hard time believing their bottom line is going to be ruined because the NYPD didnt but a few glocks.

Someone needs to be made an example of -- and Glock, which manufactured and sold the murder weapon used in Tucson -- is the one most prominent right now.

If somebody needs to "be made an example of" why don't we write some regulations,create a govt. agency, start going thru the population - and start throwing all the people who "pose a danger to society" into those FEMA camps.

I'm pretty sure the Nazis and Soviets got that stuff all figured out so it's not like we have to invent any new technology or anything.

Glock has already pretty much told the government of MA to go poss up a tree, but I'm sure they'd honor CT's wishes...

It's not all Glocks fault.

They actually manufactured a MA compliant model a number of years ago and had the green light to sell them in this state.

However... the AG''s office changed their status (after many had already been sold), and Glock was forced to issue a recall.

CONSUMER ADVISORY
ATTORNEY GENERAL'S ADVISORY ON GLOCK HANDGUNS

BOSTON - Attorney General Tom Reilly has learned that gun dealers recently began selling Glock handguns to Massachusetts consumers, after the company represented that the handguns were in compliance with the Attorney General’s Handgun Sales Regulations.

AG Reilly’s Office has notified Glock, Inc. that the “extractor indicator” device which the company recently added to its handguns is not an effective load indicator and, therefore, does not comply with the handgun regulations. The AG’s Office reached this determination after consulting with firearms experts. In response, Glock has recalled all handguns shipped to dealers and distributors in the Commonwealth and ceased in-state sales.

AG Reilly offers the following information to consumers about Glock handguns:

• Glock handguns may not be sold to consumers in Massachusetts.

Handguns currently manufactured by Glock lack a load indicator or magazine safety disconnect, in violation of the handgun regulations. Therefore, handgun dealers may not sell newly manufactured Glock handguns to Massachusetts consumers.

Glock has instructed Massachusetts distributors and dealers to return all handguns. AG Reilly encourages all distributors and dealers to cooperate with Glock in this endeavor.

As always, the handgun regulations do not pertain to firearms used by law enforcement or military personnel as part of their official duties.

• Massachusetts consumers are encouraged to return recently purchased Glock handguns.

Glock has asked Massachusetts consumers who recently purchased handguns to return them for a full refund. Because the handguns lack an important device designed to promote the safety of gun owners and their families, AG Reilly encourages consumers to return these handguns.

• AG’s Handgun Sales Regulations

The Attorney General’s Handgun Sales Regulations fall under the state's consumer protection law and protect consumers and their families from unsafe handguns. The regulations require all handguns sold in Massachusetts to include certain safety and child-proofing measures and safety warnings.

The regulations require that all semi-automatic handguns contain either a magazine disconnect or a load indicator. The Glock handguns contain neither of these features.

The Attorney General’s handgun regulations are intended to protect responsible gun owners and their families from firearms that are unsafe by design or manufacture. AG Reilly recognizes that there are many people in the Commonwealth who legitimately own firearms for hunting and sporting, and that those individuals use them in a responsible manner.

"Bridgeport Mayor Bill Finch says The Post's call for police departments to stop buying Glock sidearms until the company stops general sales of 30-round magazines -- like the one used in the Tucson massacre -- is "an excellent idea."

First- Too bad the magazine used was an aftermarket magazine not manufactured by Glock.
Second- It boggles my mind to read the useless wastes of space of people that leave retarded comments about being Anti-Gun.
Third- Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my gun, should we ban Ted Kennedy's car?
Fouth- I am more dumber for having read that article.

Why oh why do I read the comments on articles like that...

They weren't all submitted by moonbat idiots:

DanShort

01/14/2011 5:33 PM

It's such an easy solution. All we need the government to do is outlaw ignorance, and stupidity.

But I'm curious; we don't require any intelligence to vote, isn't that as equally destructive as any weapon could be?

Civilian demand for these things is through the roof. How is on Police station boycotting these guns going to have any reasonable effect whatsoever on Glock sales?

Someone needs to be made an example of = we're looking for a scapegoat to take the focus off the real issue.

How can these people be taken seriously?

It's not all Glocks fault.

They actually manufactured a MA compliant model a number of years ago and had the green light to sell them in this state.

However... the AG''s office changed their status (after many had already been sold), and Glock was forced to issue a recall.

Yep and I was one of the poor suckers that got had on that deal.

Yep and I was one of the poor suckers that got had on that deal.

Hey Willie did you turn yours back in? I heard (I didn't have my LTC yet at the time) that it was voluntary to turn them back in.... but this is of course rumors I just wonder would the police come to your house to seize the glock if you didn't return it?

Hey Willie did you turn yours back in? I heard (I didn't have my LTC yet at the time) that it was voluntary to turn them back in.... but this is of course rumors I just wonder would the police come to your house to seize the glock if you didn't return it?

I got a letter from the AG politely asking me to return the firearm as it violated MA laws.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom