Comm2A Sues over Property Forfeiture

Can anyone answer my previous question?

Quick question: I just checked Village Vault's website. It says they're a subsidiary of Village Guns. Is that legal? Can they operate under the Village Gun FFL? They're doing "transfers" of firearms so I thought they'd need their own FFL.

The question I have is, How much is The owner of Village Vault kicking back to the depts. that use his storage?

They don't have to. You don't pay the storage fees every 30 days they own your guns.

Storage fees are payable, in full, every 30 days.

Do you bill me every month?
Yes.

And the PD's don't have to do much beyond a phone call. I underlined for emphasis.

What does all this mean to my department?
Firearms storage at no cost to your department. Firearms storage liability one step removed from your department.

We provide:
FREE PICKUP at your department.

How long do I have to hold guns my department seized under a 209A restraining order before I can transfer them to Village Vault?
Restraining order firearms may be transferred at any time according to Chapter 140, section 129D. It is not necessary to have a court hearing, especially in the case of a large quantity of guns or an extremely rare or valuable collection where the department wishes to be once removed from liability.

Yes it is.

We are a State and Federally licensed firearms dealer operating a fully insured and bonded public warehouse at our licensed premises. We are centrally located on Route 9 at Route 20 on the Westborough/Northboro line just minutes from the Massachusetts Turnpike and Route 495.

Can I store guns with any gun dealer or warehouse?
Chapter 140 Section 129D authorizes the licensing authority to only transfer firearms for storage to a "firearms dealer who has a bonded public warehouse on the licensed premises" after the licensing authority has taken possession of the firearms by any means.

That is MasSucKchusetts, What does the Village Vault give the Police Departments or the person authorized to call, as a reward for calling him and using his storage facility?

They don't have to give a reward. They make plenty off the firearms that the storage goes unpaid for and ownership automatically is turned over to VV.

Gotcha.

So they have to treat any guns they handle like any other FFL would, I would presume.

Yes.

I think what he means, if they give the PO a "reward" for sending him the guns, then he has more guns to sell and/or collect fees on.... One hand washes the other...

They don't have to give a reward. They make plenty off the firearms that the storage goes unpaid for and ownership automatically is turned over to VV.

He's not asking what VV gets out of the deal, that's obvious, as you've pointed out. He's asking what the PDs get. And the answer is at least fast service toward making the guns no longer their problem. Whether more than that is involved is unknown.

I think what he means, if they give the PO a "reward" for sending him the guns, then he has more guns to sell and/or collect fees on.... One hand washes the other...

He's not asking what VV gets out of the deal, that's obvious, as you've pointed out. He's asking what the PDs get. And the answer is at least fast service toward making the guns no longer their problem. Whether more than that is involved is unknown.

Ah. I see what JW wanted. Your both right. I've talked with several PD's and that is exactly what they want. Less liability.

Gun dealers operate under DBAs all the time. The ATF does not care as long as the responsible person and the premises license is correct. You can have your FFL listed under "Joe Schmecklenberg Associates" and call it "Joe's gun shop".

-Mike

Last edited:

Anti gun police chiefs/departments also get to inflict pain on the gun owner, and VV helps them do it. Len and others have confirmed that there are scumbag PDs that have called up Dowd and said "Hurry up and get here fast, the guy's lawyer just called and they are trying to get the guns released" or something to that effect. So they seem to take a perverse amount of pleasure in punishing the gun owner by proxy.

I would also bet nearly anything a fair number of Dowd's client departments are "red" towns.

-Mike

So boycotting a business that is in business by selling stuff "wont do anything"? and under what name are they operating under on gunsAmerica?

So boycotting a business that is in business by selling stuff "wont do anything"? and under what name are they operating under on gunsAmerica?

Boycotting a business that accrues it's profits by acting under color of law to force people to use their services isn't going to do anything.

Presumably, you could boycott Village Guns, if they sold anything anymore, which I don't think they do.

I'd also like to know who buys these guns at auction.

I understand they are selling through "GunsAmerica",, under what name? Now if you go onto other sites,, "calguns" for example and posted what Dowd and his bonded warehouse buddies are doing and give out the auction name I am confident that a crimp could be put in thier business. The best way to get at anyone is through the almightly dollar and depriving them of as many of them as possible gets results.

I understand they are selling through "GunsAmerica",, under what name? Now if you go onto other sites,, "calguns" for example and posted what Dowd and his bonded warehouse buddies are doing and give out the auction name I am confident that a crimp could be put in thier business. The best way to get at anyone is through the almightly dollar and depriving them of as many of them as possible gets results.

You're dreaming. First, what percentage of their buyers do you think could even reach? Second, of those buyers that you reach, how many would be persuaded. Have at it if you want to, but I predict you will have no impact.

You're dreaming. First, what percentage of their buyers do you think could even reach? Second, of those buyers that you reach, how many would be persuaded. Have at it if you want to, but I predict you will have no impact.

Not to mention I can think of a crafty (but legal) way that Dowd could "launder" the origin of his guns at the cost of getting another FFL, that nobody would have any idea was connected to the extortion warehouse.

-Mike

Mr. Dowd uses Guns America I believe. One of the other bonded warehouses has a significant presence on Gun Broker. I know there's a great deal of antipathy towards Mr. Dowd here at NES, but the problem is systematic and goes well beyond his business practices. As I've said before, he's not the problem so much as the system that allows a private enterprise to act under color of law to deprive people of their property without due process.

At it's core, this isn't even a Second Amendment case, is a due process property issue. You'll also notice we don't challenge the authority of police to confiscate weapons when appropriate under law.

I would also bet nearly anything a fair number of Dowd's client departments are "red" towns.

-Mike
The green town / red town analysis is BS and utterly fails outside of it's very narrowly defined scope of restricted vs. unrestricted LTCs. So-called 'green' towns are just as capable and willing to trample over people's rights as the red towns. All of the guns confiscated in our case were confiscated green towns. As I look at the comm2a 'pipeline' I can tell you that red vs. green doesn't matter in terms of where we find good material.

Excellent. Go get um.

Hey, it worked for (against) Zumbo!

I thought it was yankee artifacts, but i kept searching for "village vault", couldnt find anything. I read a few glowing reports of deals from Yankee and its owner, i wonder how many knew the circumstances behing thier new purchases.

Glad to hear this. Hopefully this will be another victory for gun owners, just like the lawful alien case was today. Hopefully I will have job soon and will be able to donate.

Mr. Dowd uses Guns America I believe. One of the other bonded warehouses has a significant presence on Gun Broker. I know there's a great deal of antipathy towards Mr. Dowd here at NES, but the problem is systematic and goes well beyond his business practices. As I've said before, he's not the problem so much as the system that allows a private enterprise to act under color of law to deprive people of their property without due process.

Yes, the law is the core problem but it still takes a certain brand of scumbag to capitalize off someone else's suffering in that manner, and it doesn't help that he has a lot of leeway to more or less do whatever he wants once guns are confiscated and then released to him. This is also a guy who, from what I understand, has shown up at hearings and such on the issue in the past and starts telling the bureaucrats doom and gloom stories about how bad things will happen without his bonded warehouse existing. I would bet almost anything there is a lot of smoke filled back room stuff between him and the people who created this law to begin with..... it should be just a little suspicious that there are only like TWO bonded warehouses in the whole state, as well.

The green town / red town analysis is BS and utterly fails outside of it's very narrowly defined scope of restricted vs. unrestricted LTCs. So-called 'green' towns are just as capable and willing to trample over people's rights as the red towns. All of the guns confiscated in our case were confiscated green towns. As I look at the comm2a 'pipeline' I can tell you that red vs. green doesn't matter in terms of where we find good material.

Well, that's enlightening, but on the other hand I can't say I am completely surprised. It just occurred to me that a lot of "Green" towns are only such on the surface. There are a bunch of them that sit on apps for seemingly no apparent reason, act "wonky" in their issuance policies, and maybe are only green because of Glidden's advice with regards to trying to stay off the radar.... for the sake of preserving their power. [thinking]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom