• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Comm2A Challenge coin

Here's the raw stock for the lawyer coins:

dung.jpg

Clearly, some people can't take a joke:

attachment.php

Attachments

• negrep.JPG
    negrep.JPG
    9.4 KB · Views: 655
Correct. Why would you want more than one anyhow.
I suspect we will find a way to help people who lose their coin, however, I expect there is some challenge coin ettiquette for such situation that involves something like buying everyone on NES a drink.

The coin is beautiful, thoughtful design and quality execution. Also appreciated is the amount of work it takes for a volunteer organization to put together a mailing.

Just to reiterate/clarify a few points.

Memberships are awarded based upon a minimum annual donations of $50 starting in 2015. The memberships of folks with recurring donations will renew automatically if the donation is current. There's still a backlog of member packets that need to go out, that probably won't get cleared until the end of the month. By the time any memberships renew we'll have thought of a nice little incentive to prove your you're not just a one-time member.

I don't have mailing addresses for a few people. If you got an email from me a few weeks ago asking for your address, this is why.

Just to reiterate/clarify a few points.

Memberships are awarded based upon a minimum annual donations of $50 starting in 2015. The memberships of folks with recurring donations will renew automatically if the donation is current. There's still a backlog of member packets that need to go out, that probably won't get cleared until the end of the month. By the time any memberships renew we'll have thought of a nice little incentive to prove your you're not just a one-time member.

I don't have mailing addresses for a few people. If you got an email from me a few weeks ago asking for your address, this is why.

I've been a one time donator, maybe a couple of times - but now I'm onboard for monthly donations.
[kiss] Can't wait for my 5 month anniversary :)

View attachment 136883

Now I know what to do with the coin if my car logo falls off. Lol.

Thanks to all the folks at Comm2A for all the hard work and service you do on our behalf.

To all those thinking of donating to Comm2A, do it, and do it regularly. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so, I'd rather they use the money from ongoing donations for law suits rather than sending us more and more items.

Yeah, one coin is fine with me. Use the money for suits.

I know this probably should be in the Game of Thrones thread but at events we can show each other our coins and say something snappy like 'Valar Morghulis'

Yeah, one coin is fine with me. Use the money for suits.

There is a balance between (1) making "membership" mean something (the whole reason we never had members until now was we didn't want to have maintain a membership program), (2)maintaining brand loyalty & engagement, and (3)funneling money into suits/actions. Doing too much of 1 & 2 make you into the Red Cross, Wounded Warrior Project or any of the other 501(c)(3) money pits out there. But not doing any of 1 & 2 risks not building up the strength and cohesiveness of our supporters to continue our ability to do #3.

These coins aren't actually that costly to make, but they mean something to those who receive them, as much as they mean to us to give them. It's a brotherhood of people fighting the good fight. We want to make sure to recognize that and thank folks for joining that brotherhood (or sisterhood), make sure they know we recognize their contribution. The coin's cost in dollars far less than the contribution to us to get one so it's a sound financial decision for us. But the real value is in what they mean to all of us. We are't just giving them out, especially the special editions. Those who get the membership (which comes with the coin), therefore becoming part of that brotherhood, made something happen. The coin recognizes that contribution.

There is a balance between (1) making "membership" mean something (the whole reason we never had members until now was we didn't want to have maintain a membership program), (2)maintaining brand loyalty & engagement, and (3)funneling money into suits/actions. Doing too much of 1 & 2 make you into the Red Cross, Wounded Warrior Project or any of the other 501(c)(3) money pits out there. But not doing any of 1 & 2 risks not building up the strength and cohesiveness of our supporters to continue our ability to do #3.

These coins aren't actually that costly to make, but they mean something to those who receive them, as much as they mean to us to give them. It's a brotherhood of people fighting the good fight. We want to make sure to recognize that and thank folks for joining that brotherhood (or sisterhood), make sure they know we recognize their contribution. The coin's cost in dollars far less than the contribution to us to get one so it's a sound financial decision for us. But the real value is in what they mean to all of us. We are't just giving them out, especially the special editions. Those who get the membership (which comes with the coin), therefore becoming part of that brotherhood, made something happen. The coin recognizes that contribution.

Point taken, keep up the great work.

signed up for bronze monthly, for a start.
Also for those who received one you better keep it on you or you may owe a whole bunch of people drinks at the next NES outing.

another one who made previously made one time donations, now signed up for monthly and I'm a "MEMBER". it sounds better.

Keep up the good work

Last edited:
Changed my signature yesterday to Member instead of Supporter! Nice coin Comm2A. Thanks!

Sent from the Warlock Command Center

I was just looking at mine and thinking that if I had two of them, and a classy enough gun, I could inlay them on either side of the stock such that both faces are showing.

I settled for the next best thing, not sure why I didn't think to do this before

E6up1mT.jpg

My Comm2A challenge coin came in the mail yesterday. It's bigger and heavier than I expected... very nice.

I'm happy with the organizational change and that now I can be a member.

Back
Top Bottom