Collectable Firearms & Ammo: different treatment for MA customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really?! who did you deal with? I have herd that same exact crap from at shooters outpost (specifically bitching about the people here on NES). Keith always lets me buy anything he's very lenient with ammo. In my previous dealings during the last real panic I said "I bet you have a one case limit?" he said "your hear and you have money buy what you'd like"

I am just over the border in MA and we do ALL our shopping in NH.
Mostly over in Amherst .... Will have to stop in this place ....
Sounds like good customer service.
Rob ...

How about every Asian get discount just by mentioning this thread? [wink][grin]. I will be there in no time!

Actually just be there once, and it was a good experience.

I went into the Walmart over in Hudson,NH after we were done playing in the range to get some 9mm & 45 ammo. The lady came over to open the ammo case and I pointed to what I wanted and she told me to just reach in and take all I wanted ... LOL ....
Only took 300 of the 9mm and 100 of the 45 ;-)
Rob ....

It would be nice if all gun shops treated all gun owners the same, we are all suppose to be on the same team. just because im in a crappy state for gun rights doesnt mean i should be treated as such. This type of business practice is is BS, im there to give them business, local or not. Collectibles will never see my business.

2 Thumbs up for 2nd Amendment Arms in Windham, Jeff is a great guy and has nothing against Mass gun owners.

It would be nice if all gun shops treated all gun owners the same, we are all suppose to be on the same team. just because im in a crappy state for gun rights doesnt mean i should be treated as such. This type of business practice is is BS, im there to give them business, local or not. Collectibles will never see my business.

2 Thumbs up for 2nd Amendment Arms in Windham, Jeff is a great guy and has nothing against Mass gun owners.

I'm guessing based on your keyboard judgement of Collectable, that you didn't actually read this entire thread.....

He said what he said, at the time. Now he's afraid of reputation and losing business. He told a mass resident to F-off, bad mood or not. I'd be happy to sell ammo to a mass resident if I was him, middle finger to the AG. And who cares if NY or CT gun owners come in and buy up all the ammo, it's business and they are fellow gun owners. He said what he said, it's was wrong. Bad mood or not. I got no tolerance for that.

That's my opinion and I don't have to conform to the "NES" opinion if I don't want to.

Chose my keys very wisely.

Last edited:
He said what he said, at the time. Now he's afraid of reputation and losing business. He told a mass resident to F-off, bad mood or not. I'd be happy to sell ammo to a mass resident if I was him, middle finger to the AG. And who cares if NY or CT gun owners come in and buy up all the ammo, it's business and they are fellow gun owners. He said what he said, it's was wrong. Bad mood or not. I got no tolerance for that.

That's my opinion and I don't have to conform to the "NES" opinion if I don't want to.

109851826.png

Lol @ NES overthinking club. People make mistakes, have bad days, etc. Would you have preferred that they did nothing?

Lol @ NES overthinking club. People make mistakes, have bad days, etc. Would you have preferred that they did nothing?

Really? I would rather him sell the ammo to anyone allowed to purchase, what does it matter where I live, we are suppose to be one big happy gun loving family. We deal with enough crap with restrictions from politicians, we don't need gunship owners and employees doing the same, it ridiculous.

Really? I would rather him sell the ammo to anyone allowed to purchase, what does it matter where I live, we are suppose to be one big happy gun loving family. We deal with enough crap with restrictions from politicians, we don't need gunship owners and employees doing the same, it ridiculous.

You obviously never shop there, my point being, this is a one off for this shop and shouldn't really be held against them. If you want to be butthurt that's fine but the rest of us will continue to buy stuff there.

BTW gunship? I wast aware they had one of those I'll have to ask them for a tour next time im up there... [rofl]

-Mike

so I assume you've never made a mistake, then..........yeah, I don't buy that shit.

Enjoy being so butthurt over an issue that is rectified. Life is too short to be that butthurt.

You obviously never shop there, my point being, this is a one off for this shop and shouldn't really be held against them. If you want to be butthurt that's fine but the rest of us will continue to buy stuff there.

BTW gunship? I wast aware they had one of those I'll have to ask them for a tour next time im up there... [rofl]

-Mike

Like Mike, I've been there a number of times, bought stuff with no issues whatsoever. They knew who I am from NES and thus knew I was from MA, again no issue.

Those that are butt-hurt need to ask themselves . . .

- Have you ever had a really bad day?

- Have you ever said something out of line to someone and afterwards realized and said "oh shit, I shouldn't have done that"?

- Have you ever said something as a joke, but it gets taken the wrong way?

Unless you are perfect, you've also fallen off the pedestal a few times like the mere mortals (myself included) in society. If you recognize this, you will also recognize that the merchant made amends, apologized and most of us will move on and continue doing business there.

When I'm in their area regardless of what I need/want, I make a point of stopping in their shop.

so I assume you've never made a mistake, then..........yeah, I don't buy that shit.

Enjoy being so butthurt over an issue that is rectified. Life is too short to be that butthurt.

Hahahah

Why he even said what he said is ridiculous. He had a bad day is a terrible clear as glass excuse, he only did it to save face. No loss here, I don't need them trust me.
As far as I've read in this thread collectors has done it before, this isn't new.

Imagine if there were no social media.

Social Media probably helps with people avoiding bad experiences and having good ones.

If you go back pre-2000 before gun forum, social media and websites became the norm, the only way you'd hear about shopping experiences would be at the gun club or from shooters you knew outside of the club. Same faces every weekend. Want to find a gun store? You'd have to look it up in the phone book or just see them.

Face to face is great but is limited. I can't instantly compare things like FFL transfer fees or gun prices or BS store policies without the internet.

Social Media probably helps with people avoiding bad experiences and having good ones.

If you go back pre-2000 before gun forum, social media and websites became the norm, the only way you'd hear about shopping experiences would be at the gun club or from shooters you knew outside of the club. Same faces every weekend. Want to find a gun store? You'd have to look it up in the phone book or just see them.

Face to face is great but is limited. I can't instantly compare things like FFL transfer fees or gun prices or BS store policies without the internet.

I don't know how to break this to you, but BBS's go back a lot further than 2000. We created a gun notesfile (same as a forum) back at DEC in the very early 1980s and only about 60K employees had access to it.

I do agree that social media has become so mainstream that news spreads like lightening today, but many of us shared info and experiences even in the dark ages of the 1980s.

I don't know how to break this to you, but BBS's go back a lot further than 2000. We created a gun notesfile (same as a forum) back at DEC in the very early 1980s and only about 60K employees had access to it.

I do agree that social media has become so mainstream that news spreads like lightening today, but many of us shared info and experiences even in the dark ages of the 1980s.

I know - when I Google stuff about guns I can find stuff from say 1997 or earlier. I'm talking about the average gun owner though, not people who were into tech in the 80s. I didn't have cable until about 2003, 2004 and I think we got our first computer when I was in middle school, so 2005 or 2006.

Funny enough the first thing my dad used the Internet for was surfcasting fishing forums.

You're just mad cause it's a 2 hour drive to NH for you. ;)

everyone has a bad day every now and then, he apologized and even made an offer to make it right dont get why someone can still be butt hurt

You're just mad cause it's a 2 hour drive to NH for you. ;)

I wouldn't waste my time if he's gonna pull that crap. I'm glad I never did, now I can save my time and gas money.
Props to the OP for bringing this out in the open.

- - - Updated - - -

everyone has a bad day every now and then, he apologized and even made an offer to make it right dont get why someone can still be butt hurt

Just the fact that he thought about restricting a mass resident is enough for me.
Like I said, butt hurt people hurts business, that's the only reason he apologized.

attachment.php

Attachments

• I-like-where-this-thread-is-going-20886067270.jpeg
    I-like-where-this-thread-is-going-20886067270.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom