Collectable Firearms & Ammo: different treatment for MA customers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always assumed most NH firearms purveyors who set up shop near the border, did so, to also attract business from MA customers???

I thought the same thing, and as long as the money is green, why should they give a shit whether you are local or not!? I would think that someone traveling from farther away should be given the option to buy MORE quantity, not less.[rolleyes]

Personally I'd have a discussion with Keith or Alexi about that policy. They should post it if that is going to be their policy.

On the other hand, they may have saved you aggravation. I wouldn't give away Thunderbolts to my worst enemy. It's the only .22 ammo that has leaded up my Wife's handgun (S&W 622) so bad that I bent a cleaning rod and destroyed 2 brushes cleaning that crap out. I had serious problems selling off all that crap I still had at $1.50 (what I paid for it) per box.

I have to concur.

Some time ago, Remington sent me a bunch of Thunderbolts for evaluation. (Perspective: since the age of maybe 11, I've been shooting plain green Remington "Target" ammo, which I've always bought by the caseload. I opened a dialog with Remington after I began experiencing a high primer-related FTF incidence with a then-recently acquired case. Remington offered a couple of explanations, and asked me to evaluate the Thunderbolts.)

I fired about 500 rounds, more or less evenly divided between a current Ruger SR22 pistol and a vintage 1903 Winchester pump. Both were severely leaded, where neither had shown any tendency with leading with other ammo (including the "green" Remingtons). It took me about an hour to clean both guns, and when I had finished I had a small collection of pieces of lead that came out.

Apparently Remington has been moving the situs of their .22 manufacture, and I guess it has some adjustments to make.

Keith here... I have to apologize... it is not our policy, but I had just got in one case (10 boxes) and a lot of times people will blow through from NY or CT or even Mass where we do have a lot of customers and buy every box on the shelf... I was in a pissy mood and I'm sorry. If you want to come back for 4 more I will give you $5 off each Box... (just got 10 more in)... just let me know it's you when you arrive.

Keith here... I have to apologize... it is not our policy, but I had just got in one case (10 boxes) and a lot of times people will blow through from NY or CT or even Mass where we do have a lot of customers and buy every box on the shelf... I was in a pissy mood and I'm sorry. If you want to come back for 4 more I will give you $5 off each Box... (just got 10 more in)... just let me know it's you when you arrive.

Now kids, this is customer service!

-Mike

Thats a very nice offer of you!

Maybe a road trip for some Golden Tiger soon,,or did Andrew buy it all up , lol

only thing I was crying over was the Gen 2 G19 you had but wouldn't send it to Mass. But I understand your place your rules

Last edited:
Maybe a road trip for some Golden Tiger soon,,or did Andrew buy it all up , lol

only thing I was crying over was the Gen 2 G19 you had but wouldn't send it to Mass. But I understand your place your rules

Oh I'm sure Keith's got plenty more lol.

Does not get much better than that......enough said.

Guy try's to make it right and you post that garbage?

Guy try's to make it right and you post that garbage?

ok so a retail establishment can place items out for sale with a price tag on them . customer comes in takes what he wants to the cash register only to be told he lives to far south . his skin color is not right . his eyes are a lil too slanted . his name is Fred , but they're only selling to Bob's .

if they want to right anything , just put a limit on everyone . what difference does it make where I live ?

hmmm then hows about going and yourself :)

ok hey i spend a lot of money on my hobbies . you will not be receiving any of it .

hmmm then hows about going and yourself :)

ok hey i spend a lot of money on my hobbies . you will not be receiving any of it .

The guy / gun shop stood up and tried to make it right!

I love to hear people make statements of what stores can and cannot do "by law" without having a clue about the law.

Its their business, and they can establish their own rules and policies.

Pull up your big boy pants and realize you can't demand a store operate a certain way just because you don't like the policy.

I am glad you spend a lot of money on your hobbies.......so what?

I just guess they will have to close their doors because you won't buy from them ! LOL

The shop has a great reputation for good prices and good customer service.

I am sure your lack of presence at the store will not be noticed by anyone but yourself.

Last edited:
The guy / gun shop stood up and tried to make it right!

The shop has a great reputation for good prices and good customer service.

Proven again by Keith's response to the OP. I've been happy with past trips there and I'll keep doing business with them.

Thanks Keith, no apology or discounts needed, we all have our bad days. Like I said, I was always treated well before and I will keep swinging by whenever I'm in the area [grin]

that is chill of you guys, well done.

that said can i swing by and accept the deal on OP's behalf just to further rustle his jimmies? i am a local. we're practically neighbors. [cheers]

I just read this whole thread, what a roller coaster of emotions. [smile]

We can institute whatever store policies and sell to whoever we want however much of it we want "by law"... just sayin'

Much ado about nothing. I've received nothing but great customer service the few times I've made it north out of the people's republik, and will have to make it back north for some more GT before it all dries up.

I was just there today but I didn't buy like a mass holev and I didn't buy 22 but I had no issues and I'm in mass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom