Colbert Report... Gifts for Gun-Regulation Guests

Dream to Dream

NES Member
Colbert's best line of the night by far was when the NYC based gun banner begrudgingly admitted "We have to do what the supreme court says"
Colbert replied "no we don't because we all have guns now"

But do you know what beats that - Olivia Munds interview with the Arizona politician regarding the immigration law on the Daily Show. Even though I am firmly behind the law, that interview was priceless.

So I can't tell because with comedians it is tough is Steve Colbert actually pro gun or just being alittle sarcastic?

Well, as far as the show's format, I believe they like to maintain an image of political neutrality and not pass any judgements. Like Stewart, they pick on both sides equally. As for Colbert as a person, I reckon' he owns at least one handgun and has been trained to use it safely. In the few episodes where he's brought out the guns, you notice that he always keeps his finger on the frame, and not have that natural inclination to rest his finger on the trigger.

To me that shows mental discipline which can only be had by repetition and safety training.

"I love my family" she says. I don't think those words will comfort her family when they're being attacked and she can't stop the criminals. How do people live in that fantasy world where nothing bad happens?

"I love my family" she says. I don't think those words will comfort her family when they're being attacked and she can't stop the criminals. How do people live in that fantasy world where nothing bad happens?
It's ok, she'll be able to comfort herself and surviving loved ones after the attacks with her moral superiority over the attacker and those of us who defend ourselves. We're just savages while she is more evolved...

They have been real lucky, apparently no one has ever shoved a knife in her face.

How do people live in that fantasy world where nothing bad happens?

Even more than that, how do you live with yourself if you or a loved one suffers an attack of any kind, and you know you may have been able to stop it had you not "taken the high road"?

You do a great disservice to your family when you hold the health and well-being of criminals over the health and well-being of those who are important to you...

Back
Top Bottom