CMP to Surplus 8,000 1911s Next Year

From all the chatter $1000+ for the lesser grades for the ones they decide to release for general sales. Anything nice or historic will go to the cmp auction.
Also not available to mass residents. Good luck.

No C&R also not on the roster.... again good luck.

I gave up following the 1911 cmp thing but a while back I read that they did not get the charter re written to include the model 1911 45 cal on the same grounds of the charter for the surplus 30 cal rifles.
CMP IIRC had to get a FFL dealer license to be able to sell the pistols. So now the cmp is under the same federal laws as any other dealer. No special congressional charter. The colt M1911 or 1911a1 is not on the MA roster. If I am understanding this correctly that means no cmp pistols for the communist commonwealth subjects. You could buy one with a C&R that meets the requirements from other sources.
No maybe someone will put a request into ATF to make all US property surplus 1911s C&R and cmp will recognize that in 2021 or when ever ma law says C&R is acceptable.

Some other stuff
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/01/1...rom-cmp-chief-operating-officer-mark-johnson/

Last edited:
No C&R also not on the roster.... again good luck.

I gave up following the 1911 cmp thing but a while back I read that they did not get the charter re written to include the model 1911 45 cal on the same grounds of the charter for the surplus 30 cal rifles.
CMP IIRC had to get a FFL dealer license to be able to sell the pistols. So now the cmp is under the same federal laws as any other dealer. No special congressional charter. The colt M1911 or 1911a1 is not on the MA roster. If I am understanding this correctly that means no cmp pistols for the communist commonwealth subjects. You could buy one with a C&R that meets the requirements from other sources.
No maybe someone will put a request into ATF to make all US property surplus 1911s C&R and cmp will recognize that in 2021 or when ever ma law says C&R is acceptable.

Some other stuff
http://www.alloutdoor.com/2016/01/1...rom-cmp-chief-operating-officer-mark-johnson/

Sadly you are correct.

Sadly you are correct.

yes but there's a simple way around that problem. You have it sent to an FFL01 and then you can transfer it from the 01 to you using your FFL03. Four seasons has used guns in the case that are not on the list but that they will sell to an FFL03. No list needed since its FFL to FFL and you just register it on eFA-10 when you get home.

FS might be (Carl goes out of his way to not run afoul of the AG's office since every single one of them since Luther H. has been trying to screw him for being the highest sales volume store in the state), and I know some shops only do FFL03 sales as private sales between the owner/employees and FFL03s and not using the shops FFL01, but still doing the eFA10 in store. As long as they only do 4 per year per the owner or per employee it gets around the list in a Massprudent fashion. If the C&R FFL portion of the 2014 laws is ever permitted to go into effect (was is 2019 or 2021?) then FFL01 to FFL03 won't even be list issue per statute.

The only time eFA10s happen at hope with C&R is out of state purchases having the sales registered upon crossing the state line.

yes but there's a simple way around that problem. You have it sent to an FFL01 and then you can transfer it from the 01 to you using your FFL03. Four seasons has used guns in the case that are not on the list but that they will sell to an FFL03. No list needed since its FFL to FFL and you just register it on eFA-10 when you get home.
Well until they actually go up for sale IIRC Mark Johnson said they will not be shipping to states with restrictions. That restriction at the moment is the 1911 or 1911a1 is not on the list.

With Mr. Johnson already saying the prices will start at $1000 im not very interested. let alone any fees added for transfers if it can happen

Well until they actually go up for sale IIRC Mark Johnson said they will not be shipping to states with restrictions. That restriction at the moment is the 1911 or 1911a1 is not on the list.

With an FFL03, you don't need it shipped to your state. Ship it to a dealer in a neighboring state and drive there to do the transfer. If you have an 03 there's a lot of different ways to accomplish this.

Back
Top Bottom