CMP Service Grade HRA range report. stock fit mods and tune

here is the link to what I did to remove the creep of the 2nd stage http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=146160
This particular trigger group always had a glitch. Right in the beginning of the trigger group there was a little "click" with a ever so slight drag. It took a little looking and Im not sure exactly what caused the resistance. Other than that trigger was smooth and broke nice it was just a long pull.
My camera and skills are not great.
Using the link/methos above you basically increase the 1st stage pull to decrease the 2nd stage, Trigger pull was (by my not so accurate scale) 7lbs 4 oz before and 5lbs 6 oz after I stopped there for now. I like how it feels .
If you look at the trigger you can see how much the little tang now travels in the first stage vs the pic below
AFTER

BEFORE

Im not sure at what point the "clcick" went away but there was some heavy contact on the hammer to housing. I hit it with some fine emery cloth just enough to break the phosphate. The hammer to the left is a HRA group from another rifle. The sides of the trigger where also contacting the housing enough so I polished the sides of the trigger. I also gave the pins a quick 600 grit polish....basically I removed the parkerize where ever there seemed to be contact on the parts.

in the end I like how this worked. I removed that long pull of the 2nd stage

Back
Top Bottom