CMP, Question

mac1911

NES Member
I went to the club today and bumped into one of the CMP regular shooters.
I told him I finally ordered my garand. He asked me If I sent my CMP qualification paper work separate of the order? Claims it will speed up the process. Was I suppose to do that? I did not see anything on the web site that this could speed up my order in anyway. I would think they are swamped in both departments. From what I gather with talking with the other gents, ammo orders are at about 40days. No one has ordered a rifle recently. Most recent ordered out of the group was in july he seems to think he got it in about 45 days. The next tip ha gave, order ammo when ever you can, charge it to credit card. Wont charge until close to ship. Most accurate confirmation of your getting something!!

Last edited:
When I originally became acquainted with the CMP they had some incoming Garands - but they were not available yet. So I sent in my application along with an order for some ammo. By the time the Garands were available my application had been approved and I had a customer number and everything was all set.

What he might have meant was - if you are anticipating ordering something in the future, you may speed it up some by sending in an appliction ahead of time. Otherwise I believe if you send in an order along with an application - you may not get in line to receive a rifle until after your application is approved. The guys on the CMP forum could answer this better for you - and I would be willing to bet the question has already been answered. You may even get a reply from Orest - the guy who runs the show there.

I did check into CMP forum. After a long night of searching the post(for me I do not get much luck with the search feature?) I found that 1. for a "new" account, Just send in complete order with all the forms. Now for all other orders, mail in only. You just need to send a cpmleted A1-A4 order form.

A tip that I did get. When your account is set up......order ammo asap as much as you think you can afford. Put it on your credit card. It will not be charged until close to shipping.

For any interested. I sent my order in saturday feb 7th. Will be there thursday feb 12th.
I talked with Mellisa at CMP because I messed up my paper work[angry2] She told me 2 weeks out on opening mail. so that puts me at the 26th before they open my order. With all luck I should see my garand and ammo april 12 thru 27th.

I did check into CMP forum. After a long night of searching the post(for me I do not get much luck with the search feature?) I found that 1. for a "new" account, Just send in complete order with all the forms. Now for all other orders, mail in only. You just need to send a cpmleted A1-A4 order form.

A tip that I did get. When your account is set up......order ammo asap as much as you think you can afford. Put it on your credit card. It will not be charged until close to shipping.

For any interested. I sent my order in saturday feb 7th. Will be there thursday feb 12th.
I talked with Mellisa at CMP because I messed up my paper work[angry2] She told me 2 weeks out on opening mail. so that puts me at the 26th before they open my order. With all luck I should see my garand and ammo april 12 thru 27th.

What grade of Garand did you order? I got a couple of Correct grades from them last year - and they were in very good shape. I would say almost like new.

I was approved a budget of 800.00. I demanded a open check book to stimulate me, I mean the economy. I ordered a service grade for 595.00 3 cans of ammo. As soon as I get my account verification I will order a few more ammo cans. Many of the guys that I know that have received the service grade have been more than happy. I passed up on the last batch. Spent those funds. I decided, DO IT NOW or I may never get a chance again.

i got a garand from them in aug , it was all S/A and good park the serial was dated around 1955, the only bad part was it came with a brand new boyds stock set

I bumped into him again, what he ment to say was I should have sent in scan of requirements to Estore, Then shipped my garand order in. by the time my garand order gets in and opened they should have the Estore up and running. I then can order ammo, sling,books while I wait. Now what I should have done is sent my paper work in the last time I thought about a garand!!!

Back
Top Bottom