CMP .22's

PatMcD

NES Member
Anybody ordered a .22 from the CMP yet? They've got a bunch of different ones on the site. I think I'll probably have to get one of the used Kimber's.

Hmmm, many are missing the sights, and some of those may be next to impossible to find. I've been searching for a military style rear sight for my Cooey Model 82 Canadian trainer for a long time and still no luck. I think once every solar eclipse one pops up on E Bay.[thinking]
I have seen complete US marked .22 trainer rifles at gun shows, some Savage rifles even which are usually pretty cheap. Theres a display with a case of .22 US trainer rifles for sale that I see at a show now and then. The price is crazy. So much that I think my body made me erase it from my mind for fear of shock.[laugh]

CMP 22,s

Talk about a good memory JonJ is right on the money!! yup i did get one
of those H&R M-12,s and for $225.00 you cant go wrong, thay are in great shape. it is a fact that thay dont come with sights but i wanted it to mount
a scope on it for the Two Hundred Yard bench rest shoot that they have
at Woburn Sportsmans club on Wednesdays and Saterdays, and there are
some others that show up with M-12,s and have won the cash, i have only
won on one ocasion, but for the money thay are more than worth it,
thay also have Winchester 40-X,s and Win 52B,s for a super price.
getem while the gettins good!!!

Sheriff Dudley

Talk about a good memory JonJ is right on the money!! yup i did get one
of those H&R M-12,s and for $225.00 you cant go wrong, thay are in great shape. it is a fact that thay dont come with sights but i wanted it to mount
a scope on it for the Two Hundred Yard bench rest shoot that they have
at Woburn Sportsmans club on Wednesdays and Saterdays, and there are
some others that show up with M-12,s and have won the cash, i have only
won on one ocasion, but for the money thay are more than worth it,
thay also have Winchester 40-X,s and Win 52B,s for a super price.
getem while the gettins good!!!

Sheriff Dudley

What kind of scope and mount did you use? Did you have to drill and tap?

I sent in paperwork for one of the used Kimbers. No sights is fine with me as I will be scoping it. I already have an old Anschutz 1413 with irons for position shooting.

Now I need to find a scope that will focus as close as 50ft and not break the bank.

Back
Top Bottom