****CLOSED****100% SKS give away

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOT IN -- my bad for not knowing a milsurp group existed, despite having my 03. Care to mention here or pm where you picked it up? Any others available from the source (fingers crossed)?

Reps to you!

ed

Cool! It will look nice next to my Arisaka 99! In please. Very generous gift to collectors. Application submitted via PM.

Out until the SKS is awarded (See Post #68). Bad timing.

[sad2][sad2]

Last edited:
I could never figure out how to join that group [thinking] But thanks for the generosity, Im sure it will make someone very very happy!

To make this not a worthless post I figure in the spirit of this Mil-Surp thread, I would add a few pictures of some of my own. I am currently focused on the mil surps of WWI and WWII and will be moving on to the SKS's and CZ's etc. of the 1950's in the near future.
1941 SA Garand, 1915 Colt 1911, M1 Carbine
0405091829.jpg

0405091831a.jpg

0405091830a.jpg

Czech 8mm Mauser
o188345024.jpg

I thought It might be cool if others shared some of their collections as they posted for this giveaway.

-Jon

Last edited:
This explains all the recent PM requests I've received to join the group.

I made the group so the die hard surplus collectors here could have a place to share resources for those of us who are 03 FFL holders. There is no discussion regarding certain surplus firearms like there is here in the open forum. Its basically for C&R collectors only.

I can't express how much I appreciate the generosity of Fred for giving away such a rifle and think its a great opportunity for anyone who doesn't have an SKS to own a Cherry's import 59/66 because they are definitely mint rifles.
However... I don't want to flood the group with people chiming in for a chance at wining an SKS so I am not allowing new members to the group until the winner of this rifle is chosen.

I'd love to get in on this but have a mint Cherry's SKS already and would like to see someone else get one so I am out.

No disrespect to the people who have sent me PMs with requests to join the Milsurp Social group, but I'm declining requests at this time.

WOW! See what I miss when I let life get me too busy? I am absolutely in and want to reiterate what a generous gesture this is. Having once turned my nose up at anything Milsurp, I have been reborn and now hold them in high regard. Adding an SKS to my small but growing collection would be superb...Thanks so much for the chance! [cheers]

**EDIT** Woops! In light of Ray's post, it looks like I'm out...Rep points inbound regardless BMG - completely awesome! Good luck and congrats to the winner! [cheers]

Last edited:
NOT IN - I already have one and don't want to be greedy. This is very generous of you, but...

PLEASE CHECK YOUR MEDS! WHAT ARE YOU - FRIGGIN' CRAZY?

That being said, If Neptune Cat is serious about the $200 donation to a veteran's hospital, I would warmly lend my support.

K

I checked my meds this morning...the blue pill is first...then the red one...or is it the red one first...of well take them all at once......[rofl]

considering i don't know what the milsurps group is i guess i'm not in as i'd said earlier in the thread. [hmmm]

i'd be interested in joining as i would one day like to be able to afford all these goodies.

Sorry but I will not be in as well.... Missed the Milsurp group requirement....[crying] Is this another forum like NES?

Thanks anyway.... This is a great giveaway!

NOT IN -- my bad for not knowing a milsurp group existed, despite having my 03. Care to mention here or pm where you picked it up? Any others available from the source (fingers crossed)?

Reps to you!

ed

Sorry but I will not be in as well.... Missed the Milsurp group requirement....[crying] Is this another forum like NES?

Thanks anyway.... This is a great giveaway!

Yeah, I said "in" before I noticed the milsurp group req as well. It is one of the groups that you can join when you are a green member. I didn't know that it existed until I after this thread. I emailed last night to see if I can get in - hopefully my "application" will be accept after this awesome giveaway is over.

this probably would have been better suited to a post in the milsurps group that is now referenced in the original post. a lot of people have shown interest in this only to find out they are not part of the 1/3 of %1 of NES that is eligible for it.

as i had mentioned before i personally would like to get into collecting milsurp rifles but have other things sucking cash out of the bank at the moment and i am sure there are many others in this same situation.

i am not trying to be an ass or anything with this post, i'm just putting my opinion out there about what happened with the thread. while extremely generous of you to do it probably shouldn't have been posted publicly if it wasn't open to the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom