Cleveland cop shoots 12 year old who was holding an Airsoft gun

if a citizen shot him in perceived self defense they would be sent to prison and there would be an outcry by the anti gun people to restrict CCW.

this is just another example of a protected class (the police) doing things that would get any other normal person sent to jail for decades.

if I shot a child with a fake gun preemptively I would expect to be sent straight to jail for a long time.
i didnt elude to what would happen, I said that the people crying about it would be crying a different tune. It would be the "it looked like a real gun" crowd. just a different double standard. i was not talking about the punishment, just the reaction to what happened.

When i was 12 i had real and fake guns. The difference with me was that i didnt run around parks waiving them and pointing them at people. When i saw the police at any age I listened to them and I am still here.

The authoritah in Cleveland says that the dispatcher not relaying that the gun was fake and the kid was twelve is much to blame in the situation. I think that the dispatcher did what was needed to be done, informing cops of a subject pointing a gun at people. I would think that the cops are the ones on the scene that have to evaluate the situation and they did. I would not indict if I was on the grand jury either.

When i was 12 i had real and fake guns. The difference with me was that i didnt run around parks waiving them and pointing them at people. When i saw the police at any age I listened to them and I am still here.

when we saw the police, we would generally hide! [rofl]

The authoritah in Cleveland says that the dispatcher not relaying that the gun was fake and the kid was twelve is much to blame in the situation. I think that the dispatcher did what was needed to be done, informing cops of a subject pointing a gun at people. I would think that the cops are the ones on the scene that have to evaluate the situation and they did. I would not indict if I was on the grand jury either.

Yeah, it had nothing at all to do with the police running in full bore and sliding to a stop five friggin' feet from the "gunman".

I see allot of folks here same a prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich but they could not get these guys? Please, the one should be in jail for a long ass time.

Yeah, it had nothing at all to do with the police running in full bore and sliding to a stop five friggin' feet from the "gunman".
that's the protocol for, threats today. People don't want to arm themselves for self defense and want police to take care of erverything. I would be all for a Baltimore style policing and have them step back.

I see allot of folks here same a prosecutor could indict a ham sandwich but they could not get these guys?

That's only for cases where the DA wants the ham sandwich indicted.

In this case, where the ham sandwiches were accused of being ham sandwiches, the prosecutor preferred that they be ruled kosher.

Sorry -

This is totally the parents fault. If you are a black Mom, and you do not drill it into your kids head that the Police will shoot you if you point ANYTHING that even remotely resembles a gun at them, you have failed.

I'd start at like age two..
" What does the kitty say?"
" Meow meow"
"What does the duck say?"
"Quack quack"

" What happens when you point something at the Police Man?"
" Bang Bang"

I am going to make an Urban - "See and Say".---

Seriously - if I was black and my kid pointed a hot dog, in a bun, at a cop, I would be like " What are you doing!! Cop will think that's an AK -47 !"

Every time I see this thread it makes me wonder why the city of Cleveland was issuing airsoft guns to the police, that's some messed up Schvitt right there!!!

Sorry -

This is totally the parents fault. If you are a black Mom, and you do not drill it into your kids head that the Police will shoot you if you point ANYTHING that even remotely resembles a gun at them, you have failed.

I'd start at like age two..
" What does the kitty say?"
" Meow meow"
"What does the duck say?"
"Quack quack"

" What happens when you point something at the Police Man?"
" Bang Bang"

I am going to make an Urban - "See and Say".---

Seriously - if I was black and my kid pointed a hot dog, in a bun, at a cop, I would be like " What are you doing!! Cop will think that's an AK -47 !"
people have been shot for holding iphones and bananas. i'm sure no cops have been shot at by twelve year olds /sarcasm. i blame the parents and also the #killcops movement.

I had toy guns and probably real guns aimed at me everything I left the gate while deployed. Zero kids shot by anyone.

exactly! If you had, you'd be posting this from Leavenworth now.

These cops will be let off. Not only should the cops face prison, the 911 caller needs to face sanctions.

That phone call was essentially swatting. No crime had been committed. This 'see something, say something' has gotten totally out of control. But that's another whole thread.

people have been shot for holding iphones and bananas. i'm sure no cops have been shot at by twelve year olds /sarcasm. i blame the parents and also the #killcops movement.

Just really wondering if you are serious. And the kill cops stuff came in after this kid was murdered.

This is a crying shame.

12 year old boy playing by himself with a TOY gun....cops roll up fast, throw open the doors and in less time than you can say "stop police. drop the gun" that little boy is dead.

You can't blame the kid. He's 12. He's a gd kid. You can't blame the parent(s)....you've no idea whether or not they told him he can or can't play with that toy unsupervised....when you were 12 YOU did everything YOUR parents told you to do? uh-huh.

Had the DISPATCHER relayed ALL the information it MIGHT have put the responding officers heads in a different space BEFORE they even got there....they got young male with gun and not kid with toy gun. Big gd difference.

All the way around just a terrible turn of events. So many people shot and killed, so many police indicted by their actions or apparent actions which in turn further inflame those being shot and killed. It's turned into a mess. If you keep getting shot and the folks doing the shooting keep getting away with it....yeah, hell ya I'd protest! What else are you going to do? There needs to be a sea change in this country in regards to the interaction of police and other civilians because right now the blue line of US vs THEM has never been perceived more clearly....for good or bad.

You ever see the Bangor Police Department Facebook page? Best. Period. Full Stop.

Happy and peaceful New Year to all.

Last edited:
Without being there:
No.
No.
No.
Could a situation evolve to that point? Yes. To the point of 'beating someone to death", that is the reason someone being unarmed is moot. You can die from blunt force trauma.

Edit: On an unrelated note, How the f do you use the multiple quote thing?
Oscar Grant: video taped excecution
Kelly Thomas: video taped beat down
Eurie Stamps: "oops, my gun just went off" But negligent discharge is ok for cops, just not for us mere peons?

Keep licking the boots, buddy...you're why they get special privelages.

How big of a threat is that really? The 2015 numbers I've seen for LEO deaths by firearm are 42 (http://www.nleomf.org/facts/officer-fatalities-data/). Assuming all of those were by 12 year olds, spread over something like 1.2 million LEOs in the US the threat seems quite small. Hell, nearly as many died in auto crashes - perhaps we should be assigning some blame to the good folks at Ford, Dodge, and Chevy.

Now this may be me simply demonstrating my terrible judgement, but perhaps the tactics bear some blame here. If, for example, I thought I was approaching someone who was armed and willing to kill me I most likely wouldn't have pulled my car up to within 5 feet. Taking that further, I might even park some distance away, have my partner exit on foot, and observe the individual while also using the expensive loudspeaker system installed in my car to give commands to that individual. Cockamamie stuff, amirite?

Exacty. How dare he leave his child alone and unattended in a vehicle! He should have known better! Any good parent knows there is a serious risk of injury or death to small children being left alone in cars!

See how easy it is to spin things to place blame on others without even making any factually incorrect statements?

The kid was a stupid punk and I have zero sympathy for him.

He deliberately made the gun look as real as possible, and I saw the pictures. I would have thought it was real unless I picked it up. Then for shits and giggles he goes down to the park and starts pointing it at people.
The people walking buy that he pointed it at seemed to think it was real. This little punk decided it would be funny to terrorize the neighborhood by making people think he was going to shoot them. Haha - wicked funny.

The cops didn't get charged because the kid was an ass whole. He was well on his way to becoming a menace to society.
And the folks that lay blame on the dispatcher crack me up. What did you want the dispatcher to say? "The drunk guy that was slurring his words when he called it in, said the gun might be fake"

We all give cops shit for putting their safety above everyone else's, but in a situation where anyone of us would have done the same thing some expect them to take a bullet before defending themselves?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

We all give cops shit for putting their safety above everyone else's, but in a situation where anyone of us would have done the same thing some expect them to take a bullet before defending themselves?

I expect that exactly zero of us "would have done the same thing".

Anyone who would drive up at high speed like that, sliding to a stop just feet from the subject, to confront someone reported to be armed, is an absolute reckless idiot -- and I include the cops who actually did it.

If it had been a real gun, and he had been someone who was actually dangerous, he would have killed both cops easily before they ever got out of the car.

I don't know, Cleveland looks pretty good to me:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom