• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Cleaning out the safe

I don't understand all this nonsense. Sure it sucks to be whipped and it's easier just saying "yeah my wife/gf is fine with it" , than admitting that it is a nightmare in your house. It couldn't have just been firearms that you've kept a secret from your significant other, so it shouldn't matter what you own.

As long as it isn't affecting your monthly expense, you should be able to do what you want with the hobby /sport / protection aspect of your life. I dont mean to preach, I just don't get all this talk about hiding shit. Of course it isn't a perfect world and I understand that.

I'm glad my girl of 7 years doesn't care about my obsession and she doesn't bug me every time I buy something new. I've bought more guns this year than jewelry , so it makes me look bad actually. I really need to get on that because after all, family is more important than guns. But I also feel like I am doing well with guns because thu protect the both of us. Sorry, rant over.

funny part Danny is the one you just bought from me!! wait until that one shows up tomorrow!!! She is going to be double P****ed!!

"you bought another one???!!!"

funny you should say that it show up today I have not open it she ask what it was and I said it was for work so I have not had a chance to look at it yet so when she goes to sleep I will take a peak. thats all I need now is for her to see that,I will let you know how it looks but Im sure it looks great

First, the MOST important thing is to never let her count them. So long as she simply asks "What do you need all those guns for?", you are OK. The day she says "what to you need 17 guns for?", you are sunk. Make sure it stays "all those" and never a number.

This. A few months ago I was working on one of my rifles and made the mistake of leaving the safe open. In a placement fau paux, the safe is next to the washer and drier. I didn't notice my wife walking downstairs and didn't notice her come back up a few minutes later. Well, not until she spoke, that is,

"Thirty-Three"

"Huh?"

"You have Thirty-Three guns in the safe."

"OK."

"Is that all of them?"

"Yeah."

"Are you sure?"

"Well, it's all the ones in that safe."

"I'm going upstairs to order some Pandora."

"'bye"

Man was I screwed. That Pandora stuff is expensive.

Funny story - I finally bought a browning sa-22 I had been eyeballing for a while. I snuck up to kittery trading post first thing in the morning to pick it up. I threw all of the paper work in the back of my jeep. I went grocery shopping later in the day and it began to downpour. I threw the wet bags in the back of the jeep. When I was bringing the groceries into the house for the wife to put away - the receipt from kittery trading post got stuck to the wet bag - busted

Oh man Pandora is expensive. Wait till your girl wants her 2nd bracelet, then come and talk to me [laugh]. Good thing she has small wrists so I'm talking her out of a 2nd!

F bracelets!

Yup. I was just talking to her and was asking her what she wanted for our 7th anniversary. She's like no bracelets, no necklaces. I said that's fine by me, and easier in the long run. Now I need to find a nice ring, (not engagement), pink sapphire maybe? Size 3 1/2. Cindy help me out!

Oh man Pandora is expensive. Wait till your girl wants her 2nd bracelet, then come and talk to me [laugh]. Good thing she has small wrists so I'm talking her out of a 2nd!

Yeah, it's amazing how much that stuff costs. But, it keeps her happy. She doesn't bug me about guns really. Or going out with friends, or even taking a vacation by myself now and then.

Is that one of them there ancient Chinese proverbs? Confucius say kinda stuff???

[rofl]

image002.png

I don't understand these situations. My wife asked for a Mossberg Chainsaw for Mother's Day because she wanted something different....

It's a fun range toy BTW [smile]

I think her only response to the bed being that cluttered with rifles would have been "clearly we need a larger bed"

I don't understand these situations. My wife asked for a Mossberg Chainsaw for Mother's Day because she wanted something different....

I can't tell if serious or not. I love the chainsaw, it makes a great HD shotgun once you throw in a shoulder stock. (I feel much better shouldering it more than hip firing that bad boy)

I can't tell if serious or not. I love the chainsaw, it makes a great HD shotgun once you throw in a shoulder stock. (I feel much better shouldering it more than hip firing that bad boy)

Oh I'm serious. I had to have one overnighted because she asked for it just a few days before.

Oh I'm serious. I had to have one overnighted because she asked for it just a few days before.

That's awesome man. It's a novelty shotgun for sure, but as a HD shotgun it's hard to beat. I think I converted it to a regular 500 for just about $80 with OEM parts. I love the rail mount on it, makes it that much better. As far as I know the Chainsaw has been discontinued. The zombie hunters like us must have stopped buying them. [rofl]

I think her only response to the bed being that cluttered with rifles would have been "clearly we need a larger bed"

I wish that was the case that would be great

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom