Cleaning out the safe

so i'm cleaning out the safe for hunting and my wife was going to be gone all day. well she comes home early and see all the guns and say where did all these come from. well now i'm in trouble at this point I said I have had these for years she said you are full of sh** oh well i got busted I think she will get over it I hope

20120922_101442.jpg

Went to the range yesterday and wife saw me putting one of the pistols away.
"When did you get that?" Oh, I've had that for years, but just put this cheap red-dot on it.
"Oh nice, it looks different"

How far are you over what she thought you had? Lotta hardware there. Let us know if you need to get rid of anything real quick :)

so i'm cleaning out the safe for hunting and my wife was going to be gone all day. well she comes home early and see all the guns and say where did all these come from. well now i'm in trouble at this point I said I have had these for years she said you are full of sh** oh well i got busted I think she will get over it I hope

View attachment 40602

You should have told her that half of them belonged to your hunting buddy. [wink]

What I do is always fess up but leave off a thosand bucks when she asks how much I spent. For example, the last time I spent 1600 bucks. When she asked, I told her I spent 600. Then when she started yelling at me about it weeks later i said" I told you how much I spent! You don't get to yell at me for it a month later!! Then when she says "You said 600!" I say you are going deaf! I told you 1600!" and my son backs me up.

She is still mad, but it dramatically reduces the time in the dog house... But when she figures out my rouse, I am screwed.[grin]

I asked my son to re-organize the gun safe a while back. His buddy was over so they took all the rifles out and stacked them all over the room. My wife comes home and sees them all and starts asking where they all came from.

Effing kid learned a lesson that day...

:)

You should have handed her a couple extra hundred bucks on her way out the door today and then she would have been out much longer.

You need to hunt down a copy of Patric McManus' article on the art of Running Guns Past Your Wife. It's hilarious and quite useful. some of the tips I remember are:

First, the MOST important thing is to never let her count them. So long as she simply asks "What do you need all those guns for?", you are OK. The day she says "what to you need 17 guns for?", you are sunk. Make sure it stays "all those" and never a number.

* Give that gun you just bought to a trusted friend. Have him drop it off some evening thanking you for loaning it to him for a hunting trip.
* Hide the new gun you just bought. Every couple of weeks take a part off and come in through the front door with it exclaiming to your wife what a great deal you got at the swap meet, or from the gunsmith's junk table.
* Have an expandable gun rack. Whenever you add to your collection add to the rack so the last 3 slots are always empty.

Dude, best laugh i have had in a long time. She will be fine and you should write a book on how you kept it a secret! Good luck!

When my wife first saw inside my safe and found out how many guns I had she freeked and started going on about wasting money..... So I started collecting all her ice coffee cups and putting them in the safe (dry them out real good first) have two giant stacks in there so when she sees the safe door open she says nothing!

Went to the range yesterday and wife saw me putting one of the pistols away.
"When did you get that?" Oh, I've had that for years, but just put this cheap red-dot on it.
"Oh nice, it looks different"

Upside to having a wife that thinks guns are icky is that they all look the same to her. As long as I don't have more than one black gun or shiny gun in the same spot at the same time, I'm pretty much good.

Back
Top Bottom