Clarification on a question from the LTC application

Maybe I am freaking out over nothing, but this is bugging me so I just have to ask.

In the following question on page 3 of the LTC/FID application, does/should the word "jurisdiction" imply sovereign country?

"OTHER THAN MASSACHUSETTS, WHAT OTHER STATE, TERRITORY OR JURISDICTION HAVE YOU RESIDED IN?"

I submitted my application few days ago and only included other US states in which I have resided. I did not include the fact that I have lived in Europe for few years, since the word "country" was not explicitly included in the question.

Did I misunderstand the question? Or do I have nothing to worry about? I would be extremely pissed if they give me trouble that my application was incomplete.

Any comments are appreciated.

AIG

Last edited:
Cambridge is fairly easy. My brother got his in about 3 weeks.

I'm not a lawyer but I don't think you'd need to put anywhere outside the US for that question.

Cambridge is fairly easy. My brother got his in about 3 weeks.

I'm not a lawyer but I don't think you'd need to put anywhere outside the US for that question.

Sounds promising! Was the license restricted to "Target shooting/hunting"? I suspect as much, but have not heard specifics.

AIG.

His was restricted to target and hunting.
From what I understand Cambridge is very willing to give out restricted LTC A's but will need specific reasons why you "need" an unrestricted one.

Own a business and carry cash...etc etc

That's about right. It's the same with Boston. Class A no problem, but you're gonna have a near impossible time for a ALP without a business or havin been a crime victim multiple times.

or havin been a crime victim multiple times.

Isn't that just stupid? So you can't get ALP until you've already been mugged, raped, etc. What a complete joke.

Sorry to derail your thread. I hope things work out for you.

That's about right. It's the same with Boston. Class A no problem, but you're gonna have a near impossible time for a ALP without a business or havin been a crime victim multiple times.

Knowing that Cambridge is, in general, a very "liberal" city, I expect a restricted license, although the clerks helping me with the application were not explicit about what I am going to get (if everything checks out).

I do agree with Lugnut that allowing you to carry for self-defense after being victimized defeats the purpose of carrying. What if you do not survive your first attack? There is not point in carrying post-mortem. And I only hope that the "multiple times" clause is a joke :)

AIG

Back
Top Bottom