• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chrome-plated AK-47 and a two-year federal prison sentence

Perhaps I could have worded it without throwing insults at your intelligence. It makes me wonder that if I had approached it that way in the first place, perhaps you would have learned something? If so, then that's definitely on me.

Your point has been consistent, then. You read into the facts shared by this single piece of media, have already passed judgement on the man for being an evil piece of crap, and now you're done. Obviously he was evil- the media told you so. And he's a gun owner. So that must be evil, right?

No, Einstein. He's not evil because he's a gun owner. He's "an evil piece of crap" because he's a convicted liar, thief, and smuggler and seller of illegal NFA weapons. These aren't allegations. They're not rumor or innuendo. No one said he's evil because he owns guns. (Except, of course, you.) He knowingly and willingly broke the law. That makes him a shitbag in my book. I guess it makes him a role-model in yours.

Double-check your prescriptions, take your meds, and everything will be calm again soon. Deep breaths.

No, Einstein. He's not evil because he's a gun owner. He's "an evil piece of crap" because he's a convicted liar, thief, and smuggler and seller of illegal NFA weapons. These aren't allegations. They're not rumor or innuendo. No one said he's evil because he owns guns. (Except, of course, you.) He knowingly and willingly broke the law. That makes him a shitbag in my book. I guess it makes him a role-model in yours.

Double-check your prescriptions, take your meds, and everything will be calm again soon. Deep breaths.

Did I ever say that he was a role model?

All I am asking is that you check yourself at the door before you start playing into media hype that makes gun owners look bad. Granted, my method of this was poor because it's fun kicking media drones like you, but that's all I ever slapped you about.

Did I ever say that he was a role model?

All I am asking is that you check yourself at the door before you start playing into media hype that makes gun owners look bad. Granted, my method of this was poor because it's fun kicking media drones like you, but that's all I ever slapped you about.
Another outyourself thread. [laugh]

Gun owners in anti' states need to take a harder look at how changes in social attitudes about "groups" that the "mainstream" doesn't like.

It isn't a matter of changing yourself to make them more comfortable. It is a matter of forcing them to realize that their intolerance and ignorance is their problem, not yours and you won't tolerate them treating you badly or as anything less than an equal before the law.

It is a matter of making them, rightfully, uncomfortable for generalizing and stereotyping to justify their abuse of your rights. Apologizing and "getting in line" with their way of thinking and acceptable behavior doesn't work. You give an inch, they take a mile.

Another outyourself thread. [laugh]

Gun owners in anti' states need to take a harder look at how changes in social attitudes about "groups" that the "mainstream" doesn't like.

It isn't a matter of changing yourself to make them more comfortable. It is a matter of forcing them to realize that their intolerance and ignorance is their problem, not yours and you won't tolerate them treating you badly or as anything less than an equal before the law.

It is a matter of making them, rightfully, uncomfortable for generalizing and stereotyping to justify their abuse of your rights. Apologizing and "getting in line" with their way of thinking and acceptable behavior doesn't work. You give an inch, they take a mile.

I'm glad someone is a bit more calm and fluent with words than I am. I'll shut up so you can pull anyone like ScottS back to the "correct" side.

I'm glad someone is a bit more calm and fluent with words than I am. I'll shut up so you can pull anyone like ScottS back to the "correct" side.

I was going to troll and be like "Oh, go vote for Romney, Scott." and then I saw his avatar and was like "oh, nevermind."

Anyway, the Marine here wasnt bothering me, or anyone else. He broke a law that is against "Shall not be infringed," ergo, I'm not in support of the law. What he did in the Corps to get thrown out is another story, and has nothing to do with breaking stupid NFA laws that shouldnt be around in the 1st place.

“The most important thing is the deterrent effect,” Merrill said. “These are very dangerous weapons. No matter why or how you possess them, having them puts the community at risk.”

Yikes. So its OK that he can use a rifle to defend our freedom but if he has one in the states, the same community he risked his life for is at risk. Makes sense.

I was going to troll and be like "Oh, go vote for Romney, Scott." and then I saw his avatar and was like "oh, nevermind."

Anyway, the Marine here wasnt bothering me, or anyone else. He broke a law that is against "Shall not be infringed," ergo, I'm not in support of the law. What he did in the Corps to get thrown out is another story, and has nothing to do with breaking stupid NFA laws that shouldnt be around in the 1st place.

Yeah... This +1

Gotta love the threads where people support sending a guy to jail for not hurting anybody.

I read this whole thread, and didn't get that impression at all. I along with everybody in this thread thinks that these laws should not exist, but that does not make any justification for knowingly breaking them. It goes back to that now famous quote on here: PSGWSP. I happen to own a car capable of going nearly 200mph, or covering a quarter mile in 10 seconds from a dead stop, but if I were to do that 200mph run on the MA pike and nobody got hurt would it still be a crime if I was caught? Of course it would be. Is it stupid that it is illegal from my perspective? You bet! See what I'm getting at? We are all gun owners/lovers here so of course any law that restricts what we want to do is wrong/stupid from our perspective but that doesn't mean we are free to disregard them unless we are willing to live with the consequences of doing so. This guy regardless of the DD, or anything else he did in the past that has no relevance to this crime still made the choice to do this crime, knowing full well what the risk was, so now he has to do the time whether "we" feel that particular law is just, or not.

Before anyone calls out my hypothetical high speed example for potentially endangering other drivers, let's assume that it is in the middle of the night with no other cars in sight for the purposes of this discussion.

Run around and flap you arms in outrage all you want, Shirley. The loser smuggled illegal NFA weapons into the country, sold two of them illegally, and he was caught with the one he kept. There's nothing gray here; it's black letter law, and he knew he was violating it. This isn't some guy whose AR doubled when dirty, or some esoteric reading of an obscure law. This is a guy CHOOSING to commit a felony. He knew what he was doing was wrong.

When did NES start rooting for the guys who knowingly violate the law? I thought gun owners prided themselves on being the good guys, the ones who follow the laws. All of them, not just the ones we find convenient, or the ones we like. If you don't like the law, you change it. You don't knowingly violate it.

And that makes me stupid? People like you embarrass legitimate gun owners everywhere.

There comes a point where you realize theres too many stupid people out there who want to restrict your rights and you cant get these unconstitutional laws changed. You then have to make a decision whether you will continue to follow those laws, this man decided he would take his chances, it didnt work out so great for him. Im sure there are hundreds or even thousands of people who ignored this same law and have yet to be caught. Now if only the NRA or ACLU would have come to this guys defense and the case were a few years earlier, we might have had a supreme court willing to fix this travesty they call a law.

There comes a point where you realize theres too many stupid people out there who want to restrict your rights and you cant get these unconstitutional laws changed. You then have to make a decision whether you will continue to follow those laws, this man decided he would take his chances, it didnt work out so great for him. Im sure there are hundreds or even thousands of people who ignored this same law and have yet to be caught. Now if only the NRA or ACLU would have come to this guys defense and the case were a few years earlier, we might have had a supreme court willing to fix this travesty they call a law.

+1

The NFA is one of the biggest piece of shit Federal laws in existence. The feds were rolling in the money when it first instated and they are still doing so today, if you even feel like trying to get one. I can't wait to get mine and will happily pay the $200, but this garbage needs to get repealed.

Not sure if this has been pointed out but my buzz isn't allowing me to look at all the posts but Ex-Marine there you go this was storyshopped end of discussion not possible lock it down

I see this differently. A man (his military background here does not mean anyting to me in this story) illegally imported a machine gun (I'm going to assumue that in this case it really was automatic given where it came from). He then illegally possessed/stored etc. said gun. This is a felony. It doesn't matter if we think he or we should be allowed to own it. He broke the law. Whether I agree with the law is a different story. However, as a gun owner, a-holes like this piss me off because they bring negative publicity on a nationwide scale to firearms issues that feed anti's and anti-gun media outlets. I'm not on this guys side...let him serve the two full years.

Agreed. The law is the law, and when you break the law, you get in trouble. And what kind of retard leaves shit like that with his EX-WIFE?!!! He deserved to get bagged!

Agreed. The law is the law, and when you break the law, you get in trouble. And what kind of retard leaves shit like that with his EX-WIFE?!!! He deserved to get bagged!

Here is why I look at this guy had to be a moron! Honeslty if you obviusly know what you have is illegal (weather it should or shouldn't be isn't the question it is). Be carefull with it....Don't just leave the stuff with your exwife... inner city thugs are smarter then that with there drugs...(also questionable weather they should be illegal). But they know to hide the stuff..... He is a moron.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Some day, someone needs to fight this. It is about having the same arms as the military.

- - - Updated - - -

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Some day, someone needs to fight this. It is about having the same arms as the military.

this comment infuriates me. Because it sounds like you are justifying his punishment through his other unrelated poor behavior.

People like you are stupid.

So about all those "just turning his life around" posts that I always see...those are selective to those we do not like I see.

Gotta love the threads where people support sending a guy to jail for not hurting anybody.

in Scotts world, absolutely.

This is the same guy who supported .gov in forbidding a guy from running a business out of a workshop on his own property...This is no surprise. Scott is in the "safe and warmy" crowd...

new010.jpg

Run around and flap you arms in outrage all you want, Shirley. The loser smuggled illegal NFA weapons into the country, sold two of them illegally, and he was caught with the one he kept. There's nothing gray here; it's black letter law, and he knew he was violating it. This isn't some guy whose AR doubled when dirty, or some esoteric reading of an obscure law. This is a guy CHOOSING to commit a felony. He knew what he was doing was wrong.

When did NES start rooting for the guys who knowingly violate the law? I thought gun owners prided themselves on being the good guys, the ones who follow the laws. All of them, not just the ones we find convenient, or the ones we like. If you don't like the law, you change it. You don't knowingly violate it.

And that makes me stupid? People like you embarrass legitimate gun owners everywhere.

+1

Back
Top Bottom