• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chrome-plated AK-47 and a two-year federal prison sentence

The gov putting another person in jail for pretty much nothing... bravo. [thinking]

-Mike

When Miller and his wife divorced in 2007, she contacted Naval Criminal Investigative Service agents and informed them that her ex-husband had left the firearms — including a Glock pistol and a live smoke grenade — at her Hemet home and she wanted them gone, according to court documents.

OMG!!! A Glock and a live smoke grenade?!? That guy is a real threat to the community.

Perhaps you missed the part about how much danger the community was in.

Yes, that eeevil machine gun was going to hop out of its container and run around the neighborhood killing people, at the drop of a hat... if it wasn't taken into custody by the government..... we all know how machine guns have a mind of their own!!!!

-Mike

“The most important thing is the deterrent effect,” Merrill said. “These are very dangerous weapons. No matter why or how you possess them, having them puts the community at risk.”

Ugh, didn't we just read there are 550,000 out there and you're complaining about 1 more? I believe the comment from one of the representatives was that these weapons are not used in crime commonly.

I'm sorry, I'm just not getting the message you're trying to relay sending a man who put his life on the line for our country behind bars for 2 years even if he was dishonorably discharged. He was obviously properly trained in the use of said firearm, correct?

Now if this was a punk who attempted to knock over a liquor store then by all means, I'm seeing a definitive message and the danger to the society (albeit not the weapon that's the problem). All this guy did was make the mistake of marrying a vindictive <insert explecitive here> (and I don't want to devalue that lesson for anyone either! lol).

He sold either the MP5 or FA FAL for $500 then gave the other away - woah.

This was exactly what I was going to comment on. [shocked]

I wish we could see pics of these guns.

Hey you know what? Whenever I'm done with my mustang restoration I'm going to join in on an AK build party, put some Balkan conflict piece of junk together and have it chrome plated. [laugh] It's gonna be awesome and ridiculously expensive.

Miller, a 20-year serviceman drummed out of the Marine Corps in December for falsifying travel records...
He was dishonorably discharged in December of 2011 for approving false travel claims and stealing from the United States government.

You're right. Sounds like a great guy.

this comment infuriates me. Because it sounds like you are justifying his punishment through his other unrelated poor behavior.

People like you are stupid.

You're right. Sounds like a great guy.

He might be a scumbag for other things he's done, but punish him for that shit, not for simply possessing something that the government has decided is "extra eeevil and killy" when anyone with a brain knows better.

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom