• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Chipotle: "Don't Bring Guns in our Stores"

we have it right now but it doesn't matter because most everyone is scared to use it

You do NOT have the "right" to keep and bear arms. I'm sick of people saying this because it is being willfully ignorant of the truth.

All your life you have been told that driving is a privilege, correct? You need a license to drive and to bear arms.

Both licenses can be taken away, but there is a big difference. To take one away, forms have to be filled out, due process has to be followed and even with the most egregious offenses by the licensee, you can get the license reinstated eventually.

The other license can be denied you for no reason and taken away on the whim of one person.

One license is good anywhere in the continental US, one is not. Guess which one is which?

There is no "right" to keep and bear arms.

You do NOT have the "right" to keep and bear arms. I'm sick of people saying this because it is being willfully ignorant of the truth.

All your life you have been told that driving is a privilege, correct? You need a license to drive and to bear arms.

Both licenses can be taken away, but there is a big difference. To take one away, forms have to be filled out, due process has to be followed and even with the most egregious offenses by the licensee, you can get the license reinstated eventually.

The other license can be denied you for no reason and taken away on the whim of one person.

One license is good anywhere in the continental US, one is not. Guess which one is which?

of course I do, I have every right to do as I please as long as I am prepared to deal with any consequences that may arise based on the fact that not everyone respects my individual rights

Both licenses can be taken away, ...

The truth is that certain rights simply exist. They can be violated by government but that does not mean they don't exist. It simply means the government is devoid of honor.

Pretty pointless if you don't exercise it, don't you think? Oh, I support the right to bear arms to the extent that you don't bears arms. Yep, that makes sense...

I reserve the right to defend myself and my loved ones lives by any means necessary.
But I haven't shot anyone this week.
So have I lost the right?
Take a look at the picture of those two and draw your own conclusions.
Sometimes having the village idiot on your side isn't much help.

You guys are brainwashed. The libs have you thinking backwards.

You have a right to drive a car. You have ALWAYS had a right to drive a car or ride a horse. You STILL have a right to drive a car or ride a horse. You can build a car or own a horse and drive/ride it on your property as much as you want.

The government has restricted that right to drive your car/ride your horse on public roads.
Driving is not a privilege, it is a right that has been restricted.

You have the right to do everything. Until you don't.

The second amendment guarantees that the government can't take one right from you. There is no amendment protecting your right to drive a car or ride a horse.

I reserve the right to defend myself and my loved ones lives by any means necessary.
But I haven't shot anyone this week.
So have I lost the right?

Not needing to do something and not ever even planning on doing something are not the same thing. I would have thought that to be obvious. Good strawman though.

Between this thread and the thread on the BU guy, there is more anti 2a crap spewed on this forum every day. Time to let my membership lapse, this is ****ing ridiculous.

Even better than Bueno y Sano is Two Rivers Burritos in Westfield.

Bueno Y Sano ****ing sucks. Their combinations are beyond dreadful and the burritos are sloppier than a bukkake set. Qdoba is poop, and Anna's is completely overrated. My burrito was dry and uninmpressive. Maybe I just don't like burritos.

- - - Updated - - -

Chipotle can say whatever the **** they want. I will still carry there if I so please.

Last edited:
Not needing to do something and not ever even planning on doing something are not the same thing. I would have thought that to be obvious. Good strawman though.

If you want to think those two are hero's to the cause , then who am I to tell you different.
When I'm out cutting wood I don't drag my chainsaw and axe up to the counter at a fast food joint because f*ck you I can .
We used to call it common sense.
Having that picture circulated around as representing the average gun owner makes me cringe. YMMV.

You guys are brainwashed. The libs have you thinking backwards.

You have a right to drive a car. You have ALWAYS had a right to drive a car or ride a horse. You STILL have a right to drive a car or ride a horse. You can build a car or own a horse and drive/ride it on your property as much as you want.

The government has restricted that right to drive your car/ride your horse on public roads.
Driving is not a privilege, it is a right that has been restricted.

You have the right to do everything. Until you don't.

The second amendment guarantees that the government can't take one right from you. There is no amendment protecting your right to drive a car or ride a horse.
10th, but we digress...

10th, but we digress...

The 10th was included only to prevent the feds from usurping the ability of the state/locals to regulate shit out of us. State/local .gov's are free (from a US Constitutional standpoint) to steal our rights that aren't enumerated.

If you want to think those two are hero's to the cause , then who am I to tell you different.
When I'm out cutting wood I don't drag my chainsaw and axe up to the counter at a fast food joint because f*ck you I can .
We used to call it common sense.
Having that picture circulated around as representing the average gun owner makes me cringe. YMMV.

Your strawman arguments are on point today. I'm sure I must have posted that these guys are my hero and people should carry chainsaws and axes around because they can...[rolleyes]

Your strawman arguments are on point today. I'm sure I must have posted that these guys are my hero and people should carry chainsaws and axes around because they can...[rolleyes]

It makes as much sense as calling people here anti 2A because they don't applaud these two dopey attention whores.

The 10th was included only to prevent the feds from usurping the ability of the state/locals to regulate shit out of us. State/local .gov's are free (from a US Constitutional standpoint) to steal our rights that aren't enumerated.
It does however say that, lacking enumeration, it is not something the federal government can regulate. Even crossing state lines gives them judicial jurisdiction, but they seem to think that crossing state lines gives them unfettered regulatory discretion as well. I would ask where it says that in the constitution?

Whether a state can regulate driving is another question entirely...

I am amazed at how butthurt gun owners are about these guys' protest.

Even if, like myself, you don't feel this is the best use of time or political capital, the real problem here is the bigotry of MDA's response in banning gun owners from their stores.

I think I have said it already, I will take those clowns over people who sit around and compound MDA's bigotry by complaining about "how it makes us look".

Who is this "us" and why should I accept the bigoted label they made for me? Hint: I will not.

You want to talk about "our own worst enemy"? How about anyone who reinforces the bigoted idea that everyone labeled as this or that is the same?

It does however say that, lacking enumeration, it is not something the federal government can regulate. Even crossing state lines gives them judicial jurisdiction, but they seem to think that crossing state lines gives them unfettered regulatory discretion as well. I would ask where it says that in the constitution?

Whether a state can regulate driving is another question entirely...

In a nutshell --

"We're fckd"

WHAT?????

No sir, you do have a right to keep and bear arms. You also have a right to drive a car [the right to move around as you please]. It is only government that has messed everything up.

Do you think governments started requiring drivers licenses when Karl Benz patented his Motorwagen in 1886? Do you think governments started requiring drivers licenses when Henry Ford completed his first production Model T? No.
Licenses to drive only came along after people started b!tching about "trucks tearing up the roads".

Licenses only serve one purpose--- to "legalize" an illegal activity. Not unlawful, but an activity that the groupthink has determined to be illegal. I have a license to practice dentistry. It is illegal to practice dentistry without the proper education and passing a licensing exam, and rightly so. If you don't know what you're doing, you could kill or injure someone. [That's why CCW's can be required. Historically, only criminals or assassins concealed their weapons, which became regarded as dishonorable, and therefore became unlawful and illegal. Honorable men carried them openly, so others would know exactly what was on their person.]

But guns and motor vehicles are a lot easier to learn how to use safely than it is to use a drill on a tooth. You can use guns and cars without ever bringing risk of bodily harm into the life of another person. You can't do dentistry without that risk being present. Since that risk is there, dentistry needs oversight.

Ideally, you, your guns and your cars shouldn't need government peering over your shoulder monitoring what you do.

Last edited:
I'm over Chipotle anyway, the best burrito in my neck of the woods (on Cape) is Burrito Loco! If you're on Cape check this guy out: real deal Mexican dude with a commercial kitchen in the back of a skeezy convenience store and the best $9 I've ever spent on take out and crazy daily specials like chicken mole and chicken with chourico. I'm sure he doesn't care that I'm packin' the gat every time I'm in there. And FCK Chipotle for the $2 upcharge for guacamole!!! $2 for a table spoon of guac, really???

http://www.yelp.com/biz/burrito-loco-barnstable

Turns out, it's not really a 'ban' after-all.

http://danaloeschradio.com/chipotle-to-customer-not-a-ban-on-guns/

————————————–
Subject: Reply from Chipotle

Body:Thanks Kate. You understand how this is hard to decipher for me. So when you say you’ll continue to comply with local laws, you will technically allow concealed carry where it’s allowed in the state, while at the same time encourage people to not do it. Is that accurate?

====
Yes, that is accurate. This is not a ban.

Chipotle sucks anyway....I've never eaten a burrito there that didn't fall apart into a useless mess. they don't even attempt to fold/roll it right.

This place however....is the bomb http://www.tenochmexican.com/ north end and Medford. Probably one of the best burritos I've ever stuffed into my head.

Not really on topic, but in their defense I was at the one in Manchester last weekend. The young woman who made my burrito took extra care to drain the excess juice that leads to it falling apart. Then as she was folding it she noticed it looked like it might end up ripping and voluntarily got a new wrap to transfer the contents to. Silly, but it made my day that she took the moment to do it right. I love their food as long as it stays together.

Just like Starbucks. Not a ban, just a suggestion to satisfy their majority-liberal customer base. I don't blame them and will keep going there.

Last edited:
Turns out, it's not really a 'ban' after-all.

http://danaloeschradio.com/chipotle-to-customer-not-a-ban-on-guns/

————————————–
Subject: Reply from Chipotle

Body:Thanks Kate. You understand how this is hard to decipher for me. So when you say you’ll continue to comply with local laws, you will technically allow concealed carry where it’s allowed in the state, while at the same time encourage people to not do it. Is that accurate?

====
Yes, that is accurate. This is not a ban.

Just like Starbucks. Not a ban, just a suggestion to satisfy their majority-liberal customer base. I don't blame them and will keep going there.
I will NOT enter into any establishment that portrays itself as a gun free zone.

Does anyone think the stupid ass criminals understand nuanced policies?

They ask their customers not to bring guns into their stores and hope they will comply with that request.

OK, I will not bring my gun(s) and my money. you ****ing rainbow, unicorn lovely bunch of fairy dust etc....[angry]

I couldn't have said it better, but my language would have been more harsh. :D

Back
Top Bottom