• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CHIEFS brass catcher..r u kidding me

SnakeEye

Banned
is this or is this not a net on a stick?!
The CHIEF's Brass Catcher is currently available for only $125.00
U.S. dollars!?
is this a joke?
febpics01.jpg

http://www.chiefsbrasscatcher.com/

Last edited:
Although the finger wrapped around the trigger guard grip has been out of fashion for about a decade, Jerry Barnart did pretty well with it when he was active in competition. There was a time when smiths were quite busy squaring and checking the front of trigger guards for the weak hand index finger wrapped around trigger guard grip, and a number of guns have made this an integral feature.

Now, if you want to talk silly grips, there is always "cup and saucer" or "weak hand wrapped around the string hand wrist."

With today's ammo prices and the numbers of people getting into reloading, if it minimizes the work involved in salvaging $50 worth of brass for you everytime you shoot, it might be worth every penny.
Remember, some "gun guys" can't even disassemble and reassemble their own guns let alone build a brass catcher.

Time alone spent gathering materials would make it worth it for many, let alone assembly.

I can think of many other shooting items that people spend big money on that aren't half as useful as that brass catcher.

I just started reloading, someone mentioned a "brass catcher" i had no
idea what he meant, maybe thats it..

JimB
The term "brass catcher" usually refers to a doohickie attached to the gun (either solid plastic or with a mesh bag) that fits over the ejection port and keeps the brass within one enclosed system.

They should have called it a TACTICAL brass catcher...

I have heard they may be used in USPSA. Something about the RO or score keeper being required to run close enough to the shooter to catch his brass [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

On a serious note, I tried one at my local range. Ejecting the moon clips into that net was a royal pain.

Till you send him to college for 4 years, and he stops catching brass because he feels it is "mind numbing" work.
[laugh2] [laugh2]

Maybe so, but he's a little too competitive for that.

Not to hijack, but we have certain rituals when it's just me and him at the range. In addition to competing against each other by shooting at various targets, we also have a running, "who can catch the most brass on the fly" competition with my auto loaders that throw the brass backward far enough. It adds another dimension to the shooting. In order to declare a "win" for a round, you have to shoot the best target AND catch the most (or the same number of) cases as the other guy.

Back
Top Bottom