Chicago Schools Leader Used Gun, Commits Suicide

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
CHICAGO — Autopsy results show that the Chicago Board of Education president committed suicide by shooting himself in the head.

The Cook County Medical Examiner's Office released Michael Scott's autopsy results Monday. Police officers who rushed to the Chicago River early Monday in response to a report of a body being spotted found Scott dead.

Family members say they appreciate the outpouring of support and a memorial service will be announced soon.

Scott was a longtime Chicago leader. In August, Scott said he'd been subpoenaed to testify before a federal grand jury investigating allegations of politically influenced admissions to top schools.

U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan, who used to serve as head of Chicago schools, says Chicago "has lost a great leader."

Interesting how the media never mentions anything about the gun.
Did he have a license for it? Is there even such a thing in chicago?
If this was Joe Average Chicagoian, out-of-work, down on his luck, losing his house, posession of the gun would be the story. How'd he get it, and what more can the law do to prevent this kind of thing from happening.
But, since this guy was a politically connected leftist insider, nobodys asking where the gun came from.

Last edited:
Something isn't right here. Did he still have a gun in his cold, dead (wet) fingers, or did he just float into view with a hole in his head? I know, I know. I'm just the suspicious type - nothing fishy ever happens in Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom